Tech Adept

RGT-R2 first run in UK

http://https://www.facebook.com/vide...40457962653031
Old 09-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Bang for the Buck!

Originally Posted by ThePanda
there are so many low budget tc. i just don't see the point. any experienced racer will always go for the established like a tamiya associated xray hot bodies etc.
That's why. There are a lot of people out there that don't want to burn four to five hundred dollars or more on a chassis alone. I happen to be one of them. I was checking this out but couldn't get enough info/get one plus spares quick enough so I went with the XI Sport. Seriously though, for the cost of a T4 new I got my car, all spare suspension parts like arms, hubs, knuckles etc. Plus I bought the aluminum steering kit, front and rear bulkhead, arm mounts, carbon shock towers, and an aluminum floating servo mount. That's just the start, I also bought a brand new D3.5 Maxzilla, a new lowpro servo, and two sets of tires for race day. I aready had batteries but I could have gotten two 4000 mah 50C packs and still prob had money to spare on just the kit price of a T4. What else is there, Heck if you want to compare it to a 417wx I could have bought a new Reventon Pro, and a name brand 2.4GHz receiver for the car and still been under the price for the kit alone. I know people will say yeah, but the quality is better and maybe there right. Idk but this new Sakura is a really nice car, and I'm thinking about getting a SpecR S1 just to compare the two can see which one is better for the price. See I can do that with cars in this price range without selling a kidney
Old 09-12-2013, 03:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

I bought one. Love it.

The build is good.

It drives a lot like my VBC wildfire.

For it's price, I'd choose this any day. I could get two of these and still costs less than my VBC.

Compared to my T3, on the straight, it's not as stable. But it turns a lot better.

For a guy like me who doesn't have much time to build kits, this kit is a real winner.

Also, this car is much more durable than S1.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

there are so many low budget tc. i just don't see the point. any experienced racer will always go for the established like a tamiya associated xray hot bodies etc.
Because the sport doesn't grow from experienced racers. We need new blood to grow the class/sport and making good quality, low cost cars is a great way to introduce noobs to the hobby. they can then graduate to higher end cars when their experience and budget permits.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:48 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
Because the sport doesn't grow from experienced racers. We need new blood to grow the class/sport and making good quality, low cost cars is a great way to introduce noobs to the hobby. they can then graduate to higher end cars when their experience and budget permits.
1+
Old 09-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know there will be two of these racing at Southern Nats coming up. Stay tuned. We hope to put it on the podium!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NolanP
I know there will be two of these racing at Southern Nats coming up. Stay tuned. We hope to put it on the podium!
who will have said car..i must see
Old 09-12-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by starrx
who will have said car..i must see
You're going to have to wait a week and see who knocks you a spot or 2 down in VTA.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Where are these available????
Old 09-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mooby64
Where are these available????
I currently have some in stock. Pm for pricing and availability.

Eric Whiteside will be running this car as will I.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Because cars like this are perfect to bring in NEW people to the hobby. These cars aren't for established long time racers. Our hobby needs as many of these cars to spark more intrest
Old 09-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pyro854
You're going to have to wait a week and see who knocks you a spot or 2 down in VTA.
OMG!!...lol.... i just wanna make da show...so i can run the triple A MAIN
Old 09-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello, if you're interested, I made a spanish review in my website:

http://www.rcelectrico.es/analisis-d...l-nuevo-rgt-r2

In the next days I'll put more information, details and upgrades on the car.

The performance was really better than expected, a little slower than my VBC with an standard setup and out-the-box car being 23.722 with the VBC and 23.823 seconds with that RGT R2 on my first run.

Waiting for the 3º rear suspension mount excentric bushing to try a best setup for asphalt racing.

Regards
Old 09-23-2013, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default RGT at USVTA Southern Nats

The car preformed well at this year's USVTA race In Nashville.

I ran the car basically box stock with different oil in the shocks and raised roll centers in the rear at the arm mounts.

I was able to qualify in the 6th position and finished 7th overall after some tough luck in A1/A2. I think we could have had a 5th overall finish if it hadn't been for the first 2 mains.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
The car preformed well at this year's USVTA race In Nashville.

I ran the car basically box stock with different oil in the shocks and raised roll centers in the rear at the arm mounts.

I was able to qualify in the 6th position and finished 7th overall after some tough luck in A1/A2. I think we could have had a 5th overall finish if it hadn't been for the first 2 mains.
My car performance is good on asphalt, but I think it would be better with the 3º rear bushing.

Also, I put 350 cst oil shock and 3 holes on dampers and 1000 cst on rear gear diff.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.