Search

speed controller

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default speed controller

Hi
I have a question.
I have GM V12 ESC speed controller and I want to set it up with the best performance of its work.
(Break,Current etc.) I`m using the 12x1 Orion V2 motor.
P.S. I`m racing the HPI Pro 4. I have an idea to add some weights along the drive shaft. Probably aobut 55 grams.
Could you tell me will it better modify the driving or is it a wrong idea?
Old 06-07-2005, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Do you mean under the driveshaft? Added weight TO the driveshaft will slow acceleration and make the car slower in general.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Of course I mean under the driveshaft, on the Chassis. Will it drive better,what would it change in this situation?
Old 06-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi, look not sure what you actually mean, so I don’t understand what problem you are facing, but if you want to add lead does this mean you want to slow acceleration down or what?? I am not familiar with the GM Speedo’s but maybe you could try a higher drive frequency, that should back the punch off a bit and you would get higher top speed as well, and probably better run time from less weight (by not using lead) and better motor life from the higher drive frequency.

If you want to take away momentum to bring the car to a stop quicker instead of decreasing acceleration, you could try increasing drag brakes and reduce dead band, and maybe even try a lighter armature design, such as a DC motor sports UL arm, or maybe a flat wire design or if you use a 5mm web(Arm), you could try a 4mm version.

~Jack
Old 06-08-2005, 05:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello
I`m going to buy Hara Twister 2 ESC controller. What do you think about this speedo? Is it good or bad? Do I have to program it external? I mean do I need to have any other devices to program it or is it fully programable by using one button like in GM`s speedos?-
Old 06-08-2005, 06:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

dude, you need to figure out exactly what you want to do...dropping big bucks on a new speedo will not necessarily solve whatever problem you are experiencing...

Since you sound like a newbie, you might want to stick with one speedo and go from there...there is nothing wrong with the GM V12 speedo - its a top of the line speedo, and even a world champ speedo...

your first post had 2 completely different and unrelated questions...I'm sure you had more than one of us "experienced" guys scratching their heads trying to figure out exactly what you are trying to accomplish....