R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #361
Tech Initiate
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Been reading this since it started, I prefer mod but in my area mod class dosent always happen due to numbers
I'm not the best racer out there but I find I break less in mod then 17.5 and u learn more about set up and driving with mod
Just my 2 cents
BrockvilleRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #362
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

HI everyone, I just found this thread now that I am back from the ETS finals. It was a great year and the perfect way to wrap it up was at the Hudy Arena.

What an amazing facility. No matter if you like or don't like X Ray, you have to respect what they have built and the attention to detail they put into not only the facility but also their products. After being at the facility and taking the tour I have a new found respect for them.

It is great to see 25 pages of chat about the finals and such. We are very proud that in 6 years the ETS has built up to be such a great series attracting drivers from all corners of the globe.

As it has been discussed it is great to have 80 plus guys in Modified with 50 of them knowing they have no shot at making the A final. But even though 90% of the best in the world are there, these guys in the D,E,F,G ECT Still sign up for Modified because they want to go fast and have fun. That is a great part of the ETS. To see our friends from Cyprus who are new to racing but still join each year and run Modified knowing they will be in the lower mains is a great part of the ETS. They do it for the fun.

One of the main reasons the ETS works so well in Europe is that you can drive for 6 hours and cross 4 countries. Compare that to the US where you can drive for 12 hours and not leave Texas. So I think it is difficult to try and grow a series here and get the amount of turnout needed to make a series go. Plus here in the US we have some great events already like Snowbirds, IIC, Reedy that attract drivers from around the country and to add a series to those events would make it I think difficult to attract the numbers need for a series.

I wish I would win the lottery so I could charter a plane and fly our top stock drivers from here to come to the ETS and run against the ETS best stock guys. It would be great to see how you guys would stack up. I think you guys would do very well. Last year Sandro Kuriger from Switzerland came to the IIC and made the show and he has been a A main finalist many times. This year Zudenko Kunak is trying to make the IIC, so hopefully he can. He is a really good kid and I have watched him grow and become such a good racers in the past few years.

Many comments about not having live video for the ETS. The main problem with that is the places we hold our races, have very poor sometimes no internet. This makes it impossible to stream video. Normally we have to buy internet sticks that plug into our computers just to stream results and give the Redrc.net guys internet to make reports. So this is the main problem for us. We try to get a good internet connection at each venue, but it is a challenge to say the least. We are just happy when we can get online to update the reports. And hotels in Europe. Forget about having good internet in them. Of course we want to bring video of the ETS to the world, but until we can guarantee a good enough signal at each venue, it does not pay to bring a video crew.

Thanks to all of you guys for discussing the ETS and like EA did last year, If you guys get the chance to make a race, please let me know and I will be happy to help. We can arrange our flights so we can fly together and then transportation from the airport to the track is much easier as you can go with me.

If you guys have any questions, send me an email and I will be happy to answer. I scanned through all the pages, but i am sure I missed some questions that were being talked about in here.

Long live On road racing
Scotty Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #363
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to scott_g Send a message via Skype™ to scott_g

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
In my opinion the best way to slow cars down, without changing their basic appearance (TC bodies), is to adopt the FWD platform as the standard TC format.

Cornering speeds will be reduced and two drive wheels will also limit the amount of power that can actually be used.
I think Rick that an FWD format would be worth exploring....but I also wonder what a RWD format would be like. All real race cars are rear wheel drive after all!

Again very limited in what sort of power can be put to the ground, also making braking areas longer with rear wheel drive only brakes.

It would be fun for sure.
schumacher, speedpassion and more plus race blog at www.actionrc.com.au
twittering @ scottyg_rc
scott_g is offline   Reply With Quote