R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-14-2013, 11:14 PM   #31
Super Moderator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

My Mi5 comes in at 40 grams overweight with my full sized packs, and 60 under with a shorty. It allowed me to go with a full sized servo, esc in the rear passenger side, and use lead to corner balance the car. The shorty is till 4600mah, and we run 6 minute races at my track, and I come off the track only about .1 volts lower than the full sized pack guys. Our traction is really high, so the lighter car is better... If you can get down to minimum weight with a full 6000+mah pack, then that is great. My car is a tad too heavy with them, and at my track, laptimes are certainly better in lighter trim.

Everybody will have a different opinion on this, and the traction levels, weight of your car without a battery, and nature of your track will dictate whether a heavier pack with more MaH, or a lighter pack with less MaH, will provide better lap times.
A big thanks to my sponsors:
- Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -
- Fusion Graphix- www.fusiongraphix.com -
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:22 AM   #32
Tech Rookie
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Generally I run a 6000mAh Thunder Power, though I'm starting to wonder about cost (I had one puff this weekend). I've been curious to try Fantom and SMC. A friend of mine showed me a 1s Fantom that was literally a Thunder Power relabeled, so I imagine their quality is good. I don't know if that is still the case. It seems that people really like SMC and from what I can tell the price point is excellent.

I might have to play a bit and see what happens. I'm leaning towards weight and traction simply because it seems that none of our local tracks are "High Traction". After going to ECC and running a high traction track I learned that I had my car completely wrong. LOL
Mr_Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote