Community
Wiki Posts
Search

speed of electric on-road cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Default speed of electric on-road cars

I've been racing my heavily modified predator t-maxx for a couple years now and would love to try out something electric. I found a good deal on an electric tc3 team with novak esc, fantom motor, and two GP3300's. I already have a good charger and all so it seems like an obvious buy. But I am a little worried about the power.

my bro has a nitro rs4 with two speed and it is insanely fast. Since the electric does not have two speed, or anything like that, will it even compare as far as power and speed?
I know if I went brushless then it would probably be unbelievablely fast, but I dont ahve the mony for that right now.

thanks
pedro
Old 06-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

1/10 nitro with some flying Sirio or equal engine and 2 speed is almost as fast as 12T if lap times compared.
Can’t say anything about lower than 12T, because here in Europe minimum is 12
Old 06-04-2005, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In all likelyhood, it'll be lighter, and handle better than the RS4. With a low turn mod motor, it'll have about the same speed.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Janis, you should consider the tracksize. I know what tracks you have in mind as I can guess where you are from
On the flowing tracks that are only "a bit tight" for 1:8IC electro would seem much slower than GOOD 1:10 nitro.
Anyway, on those tight tracks that we are racing in baltic states (and other eastern europe countries also) 1:10EP shows comparable laptimes.
BTW, i remember Pro10 used to be slower only 2sec than 1:8IC in average size track in Poland. So sad this class died...
Old 06-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Tech Initiate

about how much would the car be worth?
says it has only been ran on carpet and only a few runs
Old 06-05-2005, 03:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Lokanas
Janis, you should consider the tracksize. I know what tracks you have in mind as I can guess where you are from
On the flowing tracks that are only "a bit tight" for 1:8IC electro would seem much slower than GOOD 1:10 nitro.
Anyway, on those tight tracks that we are racing in baltic states (and other eastern europe countries also) 1:10EP shows comparable laptimes.
BTW, i remember Pro10 used to be slower only 2sec than 1:8IC in average size track in Poland. So sad this class died...
As I have heard from friend of main who was racing outdoors in England last summer, He said that 1/10 nitro can rally be compared with 1/10 12Tmod, but off course that depends on track layout.