R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Charger Help (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/74246-charger-help.html)

TL_XXX-S_racer 06-04-2005 10:58 AM

Charger Help

Hey, its time for me to get a new charger. Ive been looking into the Pulsar Competition 2 for a while. Now I've started to see different charges like the APS 3 in 1 charger, Muchmore racing. Can you guys give me some advice on which one to get. Im looking for one thats under 170$. If theres more im missing let me know. I want to get the best out of my money. Can you help me pick a charger.

Thanks

Mr. Shookie 06-04-2005 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by TL_XXX-S_racer
Hey, its time for me to get a new charger. Ive been looking into the Pulsar Competition 2 for a while. Now I've started to see different charges like the APS 3 in 1 charger, Muchmore racing. Can you guys give me some advice on which one to get. Im looking for one thats under 170$. If theres more im missing let me know. I want to get the best out of my money. Can you help me pick a charger.

Thanks

the ICE is a very good choice...It even charges lipos.....
The Orion Advatage is another great choice.
Hope these help
Stephen <><

TL_XXX-S_racer 06-04-2005 11:32 AM

Can you tell me how much the Orion Advantage is? What is the site for Team Muchmore.

Thanks

Mr. Shookie 06-04-2005 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by TL_XXX-S_racer
Can you tell me how much the Orion Advantage is? What is the site for Team Muchmore.

Thanks

The Orion is about $165-$175.
The Team Much more site is
www.teammuchmore.com
Hope that helps
Stephen <><

Darkseid 06-04-2005 11:54 AM

I currently use the Pulsar Competition. But I'm considering a second charger and the Duratrax ICE looks pretty darned good for any price range. So when you see that its the lowest price competition charger around, its almost a lock.

The only draw back to it seems to be that there is no backlight. Other than that, its right on the level with the Pulsar Comp. 2, Pitbull X3, etc....

dakrat 06-04-2005 12:27 PM

i wouldnt get a charger without step charging. IMO its the future of chargers. so pick ur weapon. ICE does everything and charges from nicad to lipoly cells.

nimble 06-04-2005 12:39 PM

I would hope you'd at least take a look at the TwoLane ProCharger, it was reviewed by rctech.net. In addition to the reviewed info, it now has step charging and 6 charge profile memory.

Somerwil 06-04-2005 12:39 PM

I would say: look at the Duratrax Intellipeak Ice. There is a huge thread about this charger somewhere in the electric on-road forum. With search you will be able to find it.

Pros:
Within your budget at 120 Dollar (towerhobbies)
All the features the Pulsar Competition has (only discharging at 10 A and no backlight display...)
Very big display allowing you to see all the necessary info about your batteries.
Very good experiences found on this forum

Cons:
No backlight
Only 10 A discharging.

I have two LRP Pulsar Sports now, but I'm considering also buying the Intellipeak Ice as a third charger.

Succes with your choice. I hope I helped you somewhat.

Gr,
Mike

dakrat 06-04-2005 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Somerwil
I would say: look at the Duratrax Intellipeak Ice. There is a huge thread about this charger somewhere in the electric on-road forum. With search you will be able to find it.

Pros:
Within your budget at 120 Dollar (towerhobbies)
All the features the Pulsar Competition has (only discharging at 10 A and no backlight display...)
Very big display allowing you to see all the necessary info about your batteries.
Very good experiences found on this forum

Cons:
No backlight
Only 10 A discharging.

I have two LRP Pulsar Sports now, but I'm considering also buying the Intellipeak Ice as a third charger.

Succes with your choice. I hope I helped you somewhat.

Gr,
Mike

u got it the other way around. compare the ice features with pulsar.