R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2014, 03:53 AM   #106
Tech Adept
 
Wazza22's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Australia
Posts: 227
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

I'm running a 13.5T V10 in blinky and it didn't really go until I set it to 50deg of timing. Once I did that it had good punch and top end on the strait.
Wazza22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:52 PM   #107
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3 View Post
try more motor timing and gear back down. Try another 2 notches and gear down 2 teeth. Be sure to check temps
i will try that,im sure its the way to go,thanks
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:46 PM   #108
Bar
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 339
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
still after some advice regarding this motor,this is a 13.5 with boost/turbo

im coming from an lrp x20,which has a kv rating of 3050kv,the v10 has 2760kv
now i have no formula for working this out so heres what ive ended up with

the kv x 7.2v =
the lrp's rpm =21960
v10's rpm = 19872

so heres where i hope someone can help,my gearing with the lrp was 23/84 =6.94 fdr,yet this is too high for the v10
so what gearing will be a match for what i had with the lrp
im currently at 28/84 = 5.70 ,i have tried pinnions from 25 to 28 ,the 28 feels quickest
but it doesnt feel as punchy,motor timing is at 1 mark past the 30deg and doesnt have the same top speed yet the motor sounds like its reaching peak rpm at the end of the straight ,temps are coming off at around 60c
im using an orion r10 pro with max punch and boost at 32 and turbo 34
Is this an indoor track you are running on?
__________________
Luke Burr
Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #109
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar View Post
Is this an indoor track you are running on?
no luke,its aldershot
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:20 AM   #110
Tech Addict
 
mutley001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 662
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Anyone got a setup for 13.5 boosted using the hobbywing 3.1 esc using the v10 indoors on carpet, tight track in TC?
Thanks in advance!
__________________
ARC R11 2017
ARC R10 2013
EA Motorsports www.teameamotorsports.com
Team EAM
mutley001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:19 PM   #111
Bar
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 339
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
no luke,its aldershot
5.70 sounds over geared to me
__________________
Luke Burr
Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #112
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar View Post
5.70 sounds over geared to me
id normally agree but the gm runs at 5.70 some team drivers quoted using 5.50 and the v10 feels very much like the gm,ie torque instead of rpm,5.50 was overgeared so went back 1 tooth to 5.70 and its got more punch out of the corners than a gm and a x20 that i ran against today,the x20 would start to catch up towards the end of the straight but my infield speed was faster and with better brakes than the other 2 and i posted the fastest lap,track was low to med grip due to pollen falling from the connifers,i had a dusty car after every run so getting a 14.7 on old tyres i used at the wlrc clubmans wasnt to bad with the track temps reaching 48c ,my fastest lap is a 14.2 at amcc
but that was on 28's when it was colder
we had a speed gun today and the x20 hits 51mph at the end of the straight im hitting 48/49 but over the line in the midfield i was hitting 36/37 where the x20 was hitting only 33/34

my motor was coming off at 80/85c
as you know it was a tad warm today so overall im pleased with it,well until matt q and some of the other fast drivers return and show me that ive got it all wrong,lol

i had the motor at the 30 mark (factory setting) boost 30 turbo 40 on an orion r10 pro 2/3 s 28/84
i was told my car had the fastest acceleration out of the three of us onto the straight,so it could be that the x20 was slightly over geared


now ive had a bit of time to think about it,i ran a 29t pinion in practice when i had 33degrees motor timing,if i had dropped back to the 30 mark it would have a touch more torque to top out at the end of the straight,so i might have another try with the 5.50

any info you can throw at this will be apreciated
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251

Last edited by chasingthepack; 05-18-2014 at 12:45 PM.
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:17 PM   #113
Bar
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 339
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
id normally agree but the gm runs at 5.70 some team drivers quoted using 5.50 and the v10 feels very much like the gm,ie torque instead of rpm,5.50 was overgeared so went back 1 tooth to 5.70 and its got more punch out of the corners than a gm and a x20 that i ran against today,the x20 would start to catch up towards the end of the straight but my infield speed was faster and with better brakes than the other 2 and i posted the fastest lap,track was low to med grip due to pollen falling from the connifers,i had a dusty car after every run so getting a 14.7 on old tyres i used at the wlrc clubmans wasnt to bad with the track temps reaching 48c ,my fastest lap is a 14.2 at amcc
but that was on 28's when it was colder
we had a speed gun today and the x20 hits 51mph at the end of the straight im hitting 48/49 but over the line in the midfield i was hitting 36/37 where the x20 was hitting only 33/34

my motor was coming off at 80/85c
as you know it was a tad warm today so overall im pleased with it,well until matt q and some of the other fast drivers return and show me that ive got it all wrong,lol

i had the motor at the 30 mark (factory setting) boost 30 turbo 40 on an orion r10 pro 2/3 s 28/84
i was told my car had the fastest acceleration out of the three of us onto the straight,so it could be that the x20 was slightly over geared


now ive had a bit of time to think about it,i ran a 29t pinion in practice when i had 33degrees motor timing,if i had dropped back to the 30 mark it would have a touch more torque to top out at the end of the straight,so i might have another try with the 5.50

any info you can throw at this will be apreciated
I don't know anyone gearing as high as that. I have ran quite a few different motors over the last two, three years, I used roughly the same gearing on all of them
__________________
Luke Burr
Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:31 AM   #114
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar View Post
I don't know anyone gearing as high as that. I have ran quite a few different motors over the last two, three years, I used roughly the same gearing on all of them
see for yourself,it looked quick enough to me, when i ran this motor at 6.1 it would brake when off throttle and i mean like i applied them so felt it was revving too high at the end of the straight,in the vid the orange car is my son with the gm,he has the same gearing as me and he is still undergeared,im putting his to 5.50 for the next meeting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqW5PAf7YrQ
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:05 PM   #115
Bar
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 339
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
see for yourself,it looked quick enough to me, when i ran this motor at 6.1 it would brake when off throttle and i mean like i applied them so felt it was revving too high at the end of the straight,in the vid the orange car is my son with the gm,he has the same gearing as me and he is still undergeared,im putting his to 5.50 for the next meeting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqW5PAf7YrQ
Not raced at Aldershot for many many years, looks similar size to Bedworth I would say, I run 6.23 on my GM at Bedworth. Hard to tell from the video, he seems to be struggling a bit on acceleration and top end compared to the others.
__________________
Luke Burr
Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:01 PM   #116
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar View Post
Not raced at Aldershot for many many years, looks similar size to Bedworth I would say, I run 6.23 on my GM at Bedworth. Hard to tell from the video, he seems to be struggling a bit on acceleration and top end compared to the others.
its a longer straight than at bedworth,havent been there myself,its probably double the length of wlrc's straight,barrier to barrier.
ill try adding some more turbo before the gearing change
i should have said the white car had the x20 i was the purple/blue car
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251

Last edited by chasingthepack; 05-21-2014 at 02:17 PM.
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:50 PM   #117
Bar
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 339
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
its a longer straight than at bedworth,havent been there myself,its probably double the length of wlrc's straight,barrier to barrier.
ill try adding some more turbo before the gearing change
i should have said the white car had the x20 i was the purple/blue car
I can probably sort you out a v3.1 setup if you want, and the highest I would gear would probably be around 5.9 for somewhere like the Cotswolds track
__________________
Luke Burr
Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:28 AM   #118
Tech Regular
 
Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 456
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

So what's a good ballpark starting setting and regular operating temps for 13.5t boosted TC outdoors, endbell timing, fdr, boost, turbo etc for a track with a 30m straight.
__________________
Swith Racing [www.swithracing.co.uk]
Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:07 PM   #119
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
So what's a good ballpark starting setting and regular operating temps for 13.5t boosted TC outdoors, endbell timing, fdr, boost, turbo etc for a track with a 30m straight.
i ran mine with 32 end bell timing 30 boost and 39 turbo,(they need a lot of boost/turbo) and 6.9 fdr
temps were around 85c on a hot day
this was info i got from a team driver at wlrc
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:07 PM   #120
Tech Regular
 
Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 456
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
i ran mine with 32 end bell timing 30 boost and 39 turbo,(they need a lot of boost/turbo) and 6.9 fdr
temps were around 85c on a hot day
this was info i got from a team driver at wlrc
Top man, thank you. So gearing is in the middle then, it's not super torquey and needing a low fdr and not a rpm screamer needing a high fdr either.
__________________
Swith Racing [www.swithracing.co.uk]
Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:51 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0