R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2014, 12:21 PM   #91
Tech Master
 
idbdoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Above FltLevel300
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-rem View Post
Thanks for these details Ed

I cannot find any spare parts like rotor, bearing, sensor unit,...like I can find for MuchMore or Thunder Power motor, is there any reasons for this?
You have to send email directly to HW, use sales email off falconsekido site
idbdoug
__________________
www.fantomracing.com
www.falconsekido.com
www.reflexracing.net
www.gizmoracingusa.com
idbdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:13 PM   #92
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,173
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-rem View Post
Yeah but only the 3.5t and 4.5t have the rotor with fan, not the 5.5t and I think this is why these windings run cooler than other brands =/
Personally, I don't feel the fan contributes much, if anything to the cooling. Does make a cool noise though. I'd wager that the majority of the cool running comes from the materials and general quality build of the motor. If you have one in your hands and compare it to other brands, you'll understand what I mean.
Also, I also have a 21.5t that I use in my F1, and compared to the D3.5 I used before it's faster, and runs cooler.. After 15min, was still running at around 60C, whereas the D3.5 would have been up in the 80's.

As for spares. Tuning rotors and sensor boards are out there, but maybe not yet advertised. The manual in the box details all the part numbers, and there are around 10 different tuning rotors to chose from. 12.5, 13.0, 13.5, with 5 or 7mm inner cores, and with or without fans.
Regards
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |

Last edited by TryHard; 04-10-2014 at 06:57 PM.
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:24 PM   #93
Tech Elite
 
Blitzrockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: B.C Canada
Posts: 2,174
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Running a 6.5 in my 4wd buggy. Its so smooth, crazy fast and loads of bottom end. Faster and cooler then my friends d3.5 as well. Also the build quality is second to none!
Blitzrockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:09 AM   #94
Tech Addict
 
G-rem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Thanks guys for all your advices, it's time for me to choose
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:56 PM   #95
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Happy easter to everyone from us at Hobbywing
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #96
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Personally, I don't feel the fan contributes much, if anything to the cooling. Does make a cool noise though. I'd wager that the majority of the cool running comes from the materials and general quality build of the motor. If you have one in your hands and compare it to other brands, you'll understand what I mean.
Also, I also have a 21.5t that I use in my F1, and compared to the D3.5 I used before it's faster, and runs cooler.. After 15min, was still running at around 60C, whereas the D3.5 would have been up in the 80's.

As for spares. Tuning rotors and sensor boards are out there, but maybe not yet advertised. The manual in the box details all the part numbers, and there are around 10 different tuning rotors to chose from. 12.5, 13.0, 13.5, with 5 or 7mm inner cores, and with or without fans.
Regards
Ed
correct Ed
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:51 PM   #97
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,591
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Just in case it hasn't been posted... the 13.5t motors are ROAR approved!
__________________
R-Factor RC Products
AE- TC6.1WC, TC6.2, RSD6, B5M
CRC- GenX10 WGT & Pro10 Prototype, WTF1, Xti 1/12
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:34 PM   #98
Tech Champion
 
FastPete's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,202
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
Just in case it hasn't been posted... the 13.5t motors are ROAR approved!
Yes sir!
__________________
Authorized Dealer for /Agama / Tekno / Team Associated / Schelle / Hobbywing / PT Racing Shock & Diff oil / Serpent / Tekin / JConcepts / AKA / Proline / Savox / M2C / Picco / www.fiercercsolutions.com Like us on facebook www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions
FastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:27 PM   #99
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

does anyone have any recomended boost/timing settings,im running it in its first race this weekend,had a day of tracktime and im getting it as fast as i need (i think)with temps of 50c
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #100
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Hi Guys

Please don't forget i am available 7 days a week to help you guys with your rc issues esc's etc so if your at thetrack and struggling dont pack it up and go please contact me on ae@hobbywing.com ,teamcobraracing@gmail.com so then i can send you files etc to sort out your break downs etc .For very urgent fixes please call me on my cell phone +61430009769 worldwide.
This is my number when im travelling +372 8104 3974
Im here to help you guys.

regards Angelo
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:08 PM   #101
Tech Regular
 
TB03Racer09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 408
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Now that's what you call service

I received a new hobbywing xerun v10 21.5t, fit and finish is amazing! Can't wait to run it as I still need a chassis.

I realised the manual shows some tuning rotor options. What does thinner/thicker magnets do? Which ones work with my motor?

Thanks
TB03Racer09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:12 PM   #102
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

The larger the air gap between the stator and rotor magnets neans more rom top end the less the air gap the more torque .So the 13.0mm rotor will produce more torque were the 12.5 mm with produce more rpm.
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:21 AM   #103
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,173
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB03Racer09 View Post
Now that's what you call service

I received a new hobbywing xerun v10 21.5t, fit and finish is amazing! Can't wait to run it as I still need a chassis.

I realised the manual shows some tuning rotor options. What does thinner/thicker magnets do? Which ones work with my motor?

Thanks
They will all work... but the standard rotor in the 21.5t is the biggest legal stock motor magnet size you can run. All the other rotors have either the maximum outer diameter too large (>12.5mm) or the inner shaft too small (<7mm). The optional rotors are more aimed for Mod motors, where the rotor dimensions are more free.

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:26 AM   #104
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
does anyone have any recomended boost/timing settings,im running it in its first race this weekend,had a day of tracktime and im getting it as fast as i need (i think)with temps of 50c
still after some advice regarding this motor,this is a 13.5 with boost/turbo

im coming from an lrp x20,which has a kv rating of 3050kv,the v10 has 2760kv
now i have no formula for working this out so heres what ive ended up with

the kv x 7.2v =
the lrp's rpm =21960
v10's rpm = 19872

so heres where i hope someone can help,my gearing with the lrp was 23/84 =6.94 fdr,yet this is too high for the v10
so what gearing will be a match for what i had with the lrp
im currently at 28/84 = 5.70 ,i have tried pinnions from 25 to 28 ,the 28 feels quickest
but it doesnt feel as punchy,motor timing is at 1 mark past the 30deg and doesnt have the same top speed yet the motor sounds like its reaching peak rpm at the end of the straight ,temps are coming off at around 60c
im using an orion r10 pro with max punch and boost at 32 and turbo 34
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:06 AM   #105
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,390
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
still after some advice regarding this motor,this is a 13.5 with boost/turbo

im coming from an lrp x20,which has a kv rating of 3050kv,the v10 has 2760kv
now i have no formula for working this out so heres what ive ended up with

the kv x 7.2v =
the lrp's rpm =21960
v10's rpm = 19872

so heres where i hope someone can help,my gearing with the lrp was 23/84 =6.94 fdr,yet this is too high for the v10
so what gearing will be a match for what i had with the lrp
im currently at 28/84 = 5.70 ,i have tried pinnions from 25 to 28 ,the 28 feels quickest
but it doesnt feel as punchy,motor timing is at 1 mark past the 30deg and doesnt have the same top speed yet the motor sounds like its reaching peak rpm at the end of the straight ,temps are coming off at around 60c
im using an orion r10 pro with max punch and boost at 32 and turbo 34
try more motor timing and gear back down. Try another 2 notches and gear down 2 teeth. Be sure to check temps
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Schumacher - Team Scorpion - Sweep Racing - Bezerk RC - Adelaide RC
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:57 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0