R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-30-2005, 03:53 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice
Wink electric vs nitro

Hi i want to buy an off road stadium truck, but i am not sure what power supply i should use. Electric or nitro. At first i thought nitro for speed and acceleration, but then i thought cost and reliability so i thought electric, slap a fast motor on and go, all my problems solved. However thanks to this forums members and guests i have came to realize that electric racing can be expensive as u need to buy new cells every so often and this and that. And with a nitro car all u need is a rtr, break it in and off u go and if u treat it right it will have a long life? So what wo u think i should go for as a rookie? I have had 1 nitro car in the past by the way but not elactric.

rc fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 04:28 AM   #2
Tech Master
Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

Theres a lot to learn about nitros and it can be quite frustrating at times for the beginner but i assume you know how to keep up with a nitro because you had one in the past.

Electric can be more expensive in most cases.People tend to think that electric is just a plug in and play game but its not.You have to maintain your electric motor often.Eg cutting the commutator,replacing brushes.But there is always the maintenance free alternative like Brushless motors.

I have a nitro buggy and i start to regret selling my electric buggy because of the time involved with nitros.I am always tuning and cleaning this and that.Cleaning is a bastard with nitro offroaders really and with electric its nt half as bad.

Personally i think you should try out electric and see if you like it.If your thinking that electrics are slow you are wrong because electrics can be faster then a nitro.

I think the RTR Losi xxxt would be good for you along with a $40 GP3300 batt pack and an MRC 959 charger.The total for all this is around $330
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 06:19 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Well what car can i buy that is full rtr, electrics radio everything included, not buy the car then different parts here and their. U c i really have not got even a vague idea about electric cars. How do u know what cells or what motors go with what car. PLEASE can u explain to me in more detail about 1/10th nitro cars (electric) motors, cells etc

rc fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote