Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A. >

2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.

2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Why are you looking to make changes to the USGT rule set? If you're calling the class USGT and saying that its following these rules why are you looking to enforce some arbitrary rule from another race into the USGT rule set? When Rob and I worked on the USGT rules this wasnt a concern and I really dont take any issue with someone painting a GT car in their "scheme" if they want. GT cars are not always painted in single colors and sometimes have radical paint schemes as the end user or team likes. The enforcement of a rule like this is going to open more doors than it helps close. IMO its best to keep it closed and let racers paint their cars how they seem fit just based off how actual GT style or race cars are painted for these types of bodies that are used.
Its Myron...he's always looking to change stuff! Except his car setups!!!

EA
Old 08-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports

EA
Everyone knows all his setup's are box stock to.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Slow and re-read

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
R u saying onone airbrushes real cars ? Sorry I like custom paint . trust me if I had the money to own a real maclarin F1 it wouldn't look like all the rest .
cool...

Originally Posted by Essnowyt
Wait, Spec GT, what? That is a direct copy paste from the IIC tread, #246 by the world famous Kraig. Page one here said we are running full USGT rules. Do you have written permission to use SEP rules/language?

I have a USGT body in signature colors, and it still looks like a race car. Why?

Snowy.
cool...

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
I see both sides of the coin with this one............

Personally, I prefer the "realistic paint" and enjoy seeing what folks come up with and the pride they take when putting together a USGT or other GT based car. Look at last year's Southern Nats GT concourse winner, or the Bob Peterson's Cuda from the 2010? Scale Nats or Kelvin Khng's TCS GT1 car

I have seen a few "rip", "dripped" paint schemes that I could also see being in a "full size" race.

That being said, the IIC rules are put together for the IIC, not necessarily for other events, even though some do follow Scotty and his crew's lead.

Run what you have this year and maybe look at a "rule change" for bodies next year in USGT, the majority I think, already paint their bodies in the "spirit" of the GT class already.
cool, thanks EW...you get it

Originally Posted by edonsohc
is there an "official" list on who made the show? i don't want to drive 6.5hrs to find out. thanks.
check original post..or pm me your name

Originally Posted by Travis S
Just wondering what FDR range people are running for USVTA and USGT at this track. Just want to make sure my cars can get into that range or if I will need different spurs.
Im at 3.69-4.0 in VTA...and 3.8-4.1 in GT, depending on layout and traction

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Why are you looking to make changes to the USGT rule set? If you're calling the class USGT and saying that its following these rules why are you looking to enforce some arbitrary rule from another race into the USGT rule set? When Rob and I worked on the USGT rules this wasnt a concern and I really dont take any issue with someone painting a GT car in their "scheme" if they want. GT cars are not always painted in single colors and sometimes have radical paint schemes as the end user or team likes. The enforcement of a rule like this is going to open more doors than it helps close. IMO its best to keep it closed and let racers paint their cars how they seem fit just based off how actual GT style or race cars are painted for these types of bodies that are used.
who said anything about making changes Kevin?...Im not asking any change...I thought that this would intrest some of the guys running GT...its interesting that a race/event like Vegas is getting into "scale" type classes like GT or VTA..as well as F1...I personally think its a big pat on the back for USGT...and as far as you and Robk...its your BBQ, but ?????????????? any questions

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
Well said . that's actually one of the reasons I quit running vta . I like bright multi color paint schemes
you quit cause you cant beat me...soups on...lol

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports

EA
true...but I did a little and pulled two 10th

Originally Posted by bhambrent
Everyone knows all his setup's are box stock to.
always...that's why Im fast, I never practice...lol
Attached Thumbnails 2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-p1000270.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-logo_main_135_new2008.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-4790_4790_03_314_235.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-mcallister.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-header.gif  

Old 08-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
who said anything about making changes Kevin?...Im not asking any change...I thought that this would intrest some of the guys running GT...its interesting that a race/event like Vegas is getting into "scale" type classes like GT or VTA..as well as F1...I personally think its a big pat on the back for USGT...and as far as you and Robk...its your BBQ, but ?????????????? any questions
Your original question looks like you are wanting a change to the rules. If I misread that I apologize but I still stand behind what I said regarding the bodies and paint jobs. It is great to see more scale type classes taking off its with the work of people like yourself that have lead this charge! Keep it up its obviously paid off with the quick sell out of this race.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Champion

Ok cool
Old 08-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sorry to Hi-Jack the thread but I will have some Breast Cancer Awareness Charge leads available for sale at the Southern Nats $5.00 of each sale goes towards donation. I will be donating the black version of this as well to the goodie bag Myron has assembled. Back to talking about how Myron is gonna back out of this race again....
Attached Thumbnails 2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-1098103_486943761394287_986965664_n.jpg  
Old 08-13-2013, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
cool...

cool...

cool, thanks EW...you get it

check original post..or pm me your name

Im at 3.69-4.0 in VTA...and 3.8-4.1 in GT, depending on layout and traction

you quit cause you cant beat me...soups on...lol

true...but I did a little and pulled two 10th

always...that's why Im fast, I never practice...lol

You need to practice you still weren't fast enough to beat my brightly colored fade paint usvta car when I just threw the car down for the main...
Old 08-13-2013, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
You need to practice you still weren't fast enough to beat my brightly colored fade paint usvta car when I just threw the car down for the main...
Wow if Dirla beat Myron he must be slow.....
Old 08-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

well that's true...Im very slow...anybody can beat me...even a turtle like Nash...so if you are looking for a spot in the E-main...Ill be there trying to stay on the same lap....and hope not to get bumped to just the pace car driver
Attached Thumbnails 2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-usvtasn%2520-25-.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-p1020100.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-true%252520jr%252520vta%252520title.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-club334.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-club343.jpg  

Old 08-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've seen a lot of great paint jobs over the years in RCGT & USGT. Some have been based on real cars, and those always look great. The gray area on scale realism (for me personally) is when it is a great scheme but doesn't look like a race car.

Here are some examples or real race cars with unique schemes.

----------

It takes a lot of money from sponsors to hold race events and fund individual teams. Because of this you will always see sponsor decals on cars. Even in lower level racing you will see numbers on the cars. The BMW art car has the least decals to showcase the paint scheme, but still had race numbers, class decals, and windshield sponsor decals. On the other hand the first BMW with the black & white scheme is missing decals and looks a bit plain.

I would challenge all of the individuals who have their own unique R/C paint scheme to treat RCGT like a real race car. Adding those few visual element to your R/C body that make it look like something we COULD see on a real track doesn't really take that much time. Even if you buy a body with no decals, I bet most of us have R/C sponsor decals that we could use.

Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 08-13-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NolanP
Sorry to Hi-Jack the thread but I will have some Breast Cancer Awareness Charge leads available for sale at the Southern Nats $5.00 of each sale goes towards donation. I will be donating the black version of this as well to the goodie bag Myron has assembled. Back to talking about how Myron is gonna back out of this race again....
Ill take two Nolan...thanks again for your support...
Old 08-14-2013, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hardesty
Here ya go!

[IMG][/IMG]
Well I guess Myron's out. The flyer says you must make all 3 races...
Old 08-14-2013, 06:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Xpress
Well I guess Myron's out. The flyer says you must make all 3 races...
you guessed it...
Old 08-14-2013, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I mean no disrespect and i apologize for dropping this here but i figured someone here might be able to reach out to a local guy or a friend. Looking to sell my USVTA motor and ESC.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-edge-esc.html
Old 08-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Default Sponsors Parma PSE

I would like to thank Steve and the Parma PSE family for the support they have given this event every year...and their prizes are already here

thank you very much

http://parmapse.com/
Attached Thumbnails 2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-parma-prizes.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-parmalogo_1.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.