Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A. >

2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

U hit it $ ... It made all the MRT guys have to buy something else . makes tracks pay $100+++ for the updates then for those that didn't do the update that will eventually have problems they will have to buy new decoder(3000+$) so tracks were forced to get updates if they were smart
Old 07-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Welcome to the one of the largest VTA events/races in the country. With racers coming from over 20 different states, and over 20 sponsors supplying great prizes. As well as National title trophies.

2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS

in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.

DATE:
Sept 19TH-22ND

PLACE:
Thunder RC Raceway 810 Cherokee Ave Nashville, TN 37207
615-851-1876

TROPHY:
National Title Trophy
1st-10th Amain and 1st in lower mains and TQ

RULES:
FULL USVTA AND USGT

http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/index.html

ROAR
Touring Car and 12th Scale
Trinity Based D3.5 motors will not be allowed

ENTRY:
$35 first class, $15 second class, Jr VTA $10(FREE if parent is running VTA)

CLASSES:
____VTA
____USGT
____17.5 ROAR Stock TC on JACO BLUES($25 set)
____13.5 ROAR Stock 12th Scale
____JR VTA

In addition to FREE entry for Jr VTA if the parent is running VTA, Im going to take the 1st 50 Paid VTA entries and put all their names in a hat. The winner will receive a brand new Team Novak Edge / Ballistic Boss VTA 25.5T Race Combo.

NOTES:

USVTA,
1st Qualifier will be 1 min of open track for VTA....best time in that 60 seconds determines starting order. All qual will be heads up. Thats 5 qual for VTA. A-main will be triple mains points style

NO ADVANCED time on the Novak Ballastic motors past the last notch on the sticker. Motor tech for every VTA 25.5, motors will be broke down and resealed like Snowbirds, THIS WILL HAPPEN, per Robert Dirla Track owner.

Tire tread will need to be visible for every round.

The Ballastic 25.5 motor as we know it is being removed from the Novak line of motors. Its replacement is the New Novak Ballistic Boss VTA Edition 25.5T Brushless Motor(#3626V). I have been reassured by Novak and others that its the same motor that we currently use, with the exception of the vented endbells. So in short this motor will be allowed at the event. So with that being said, the older motors can use them as well, but must from Novak, part #5925. NO extra cutting on the endbells.

make sure that if you put vented end bells on your current motor, that's its the ones from Novak

Format:
Thursday
Track open 5pm-10pm for setup/signup

Friday
Track open 12noon-10pm for setup/signup/controlled practice(order Jr VTA,VTA,USGT,TC,12th)

Saturday
Track open 8am
Concourse/group pics/drivers meeting at 12noon
1st RD Quals at 1pm SHARP

Sunday
Track open 7am open practice
LCQ at 9am(subject to change)

After Aug 1st, mail entry form w/ check or money order to:

KRC
PO Box 70779
Nashville,TN 37207

HOST HOTEL:
Sleep Inn is the host hotel at $54 a night ask for the USVTA Southern Nationals

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-nashville-tennessee-TN464

Sleep Inn (TN464)
3200 Dickerson Pk., Nashville, TN, US, 37207
Phone: (615) 227-8686
Fax: (615) 227-8894

Hobby Shop:
HobbyLobby will have parts and supplies on hand for the event, as well as what Dirla has on-site at the track

SXT traction compound is the ONLY traction compound allowed

Track/event is limited to 80 bodies/150 entries

If you are a local that has a pit space that you paid for, in order for you to keep that space for this event, you MUST have your entry paid in FULL by Aug 19th. If not it goes up for grabs to whomever has paid.

Paid entries will come 1st for pit space. And we will not reserve extra pit spaces unless everyone at your table is paid in FULL before Aug 19th. After the 19th, 1st come basis.

If you have a disability, please notify me asap, and once your entry is paid I will keep you close to the track and tech as possible.

Due to the charges from Paypal, no refunds will be allowed if you pay with Paypal. If you mail your entry in, Refunds will be made till Sept 1st. No refunds after Sept 1st

Hobby Lobby Int. will be on-site with parts, ask for Chris

Mrs. Kinnard will be there Fri-Sat serving some of her famous BBQ, fish, hamburger, hotdogs, coleslaw, fries, and spaghetti for around $5-$6 a plate

Sponsors:
Rockstar Paints
McAllister
Novak
Team Associated/Reedy
Hobby Lobby
Boca
KRC
Nashrcracer.com
Sleep Inn
HPI/HB

Rockstar Paints is an official sponsor, 20% discount on paint to any racer wanting paintwork done for this race.

http://rockstarpaint.blogspot.com/p/rc-cars.html

Chris and Hobby Lobby Int is donating a AE TC6.1 kit

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/

Robert Dirla aka Nashrcracer is donating a XRAY T3R

Go to:

http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=3280

This event/race will be the start of the 2013-2014 U.S.VTA National Racing Series
original post updated

Entries List

USVTA

David "Indy Dave" Franklin
Michael Jones
James McNees
Eric Whiteside
justin "JstnZrnr " zoerner
Kevin Kane
A.J. Wilusz
WILL "JustWill75 " SHEFFIELD
David "Sharpie " Walker
John Ermer
Bill "Bill " Wilusz
David Franklin
John Jolley
Peter "Paintinpete " Pepe
Rob King
Travis "Travis Surridge " Surridge
Uncle Kenny
von perry
Joe Roach
Scott Black
Chuck Mackin
Jason Graham
Cody Armes
Lee Keslar
Justin Oliver
Josh Butts
Donald Martin
Marqus Bryant
Eric Gillispie
Melvin Lee
Robert Dirla
Will Anderson
Maynard McCulley
Kent Ball
Cornbread

USGT

David "Indy Dave" Franklin
Kevin Kane
A.J. Wilusz
TONY WILLIAMS
Daniel "Dan " Cook
John Ermer
Bill "Bill " Wilusz
David Franklin
John Jolley
Rich "Murph " Murphy
Eric "Snowy " Schneeweis
Ryan Gracey
Travis "Travis Surridge " Surridge
Uncle Kenny
von perry
Joe Roach
Kyle Black
Scott Black
RJ Whiteside
Cody Armes
Matthew Lyons
Justin Oliver
Josh Butts
Brad Norris
Brad Norris Sr?
Donald Martin
Will Anderson
Maynard McCulley
Kent Ball
Melvin Lee

17.5 TC Spec

Michael Jones
justin "JstnZrnr " zoerner
Brent "BhamBrent " Wiley
Chanc Saari
WILL "JustWill75 " SHEFFIELD
Grant "orcadigital " Remington
TONY WILLIAMS
Daniel "Dan " Cook
Ryan Gracey
Joe Roach
Jason Graham
Brian Busse
RJ Whiteside
Cody Armes
Lee Keslar
Justin Lyons
Eric EA Anderson
Eric Gillispie
Melvin Lee
Drew Ellis
Jason Beaver

12th Scale 13.5 Spec

Chanc Saari
Brent "BhamBrent " Wiley
Grant "orcadigital " Remington
Shay Moody
Chuck Mackin
Eric EA Anderson
Scott Fuller
Brad Norris
Robert Dirla
Drew Ellis
Jason Beaver
Brian Lettrich
Bryan Klammer

JR USVTA

Peter "Paintinpete " Pepe
Kyle Black
Nathan hammermeister
Yung Boullard

103....and growing
Attached Thumbnails 2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-kent-ball-flyer.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-usvtapreview2k13_zps5eec7ee3.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-untitled.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-user57159_pic1486_1338498652.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-2011carpetlayouts.jpg  

Last edited by DARKSIDE; 07-16-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
Batman I just had a accidental revelation in the Illinois thread . somehow my fingers outran my mind as I texted up a post from my trusty android based phone ...
Well some how I asked the question if any one of them was coming to the " BatNatZ ®" not sure how it came about but it did so i will forever call the vta souther nats the "BatNatZ" lol
that's cool...

Originally Posted by Csaari77
Does Thunder's scoring system accept the latest Mylaps 3 wire transponders or are you guys waiting to upgrade?
yes, Dirla has upgraded
Attached Thumbnails 2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-715_sm.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-3338_edge_ballistic_boss_vta1200px.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-boca-prizes.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-home-pl-logo.jpg   2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-logo.gif  

Old 07-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

yes, Dirla has upgraded
So does this mean the MRT's will not work?
Old 07-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Travis S
So does this mean the MRT's will not work?
correct but pure rc4 transponders will. I hear that MRT does have a trade in program to work with the new RC4 system but I haven't been able to confirm that.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
correct
Piss poor... Nothing like wasting money and getting nothing out of it. I was all excited about this race, but this doesn't make me happy at all... What HOT new features does this new system offer???? Oh wait it will still just track my lap times.

You guys might want to put this info somewhere on the flyer because I would have came thinking my transponders worked and been a little upset. I know I am not the only one with MRT transponders.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

that blame will fall on my shoulders...Ive been away from the RC scene and track, and when I came around I was told we upgraded....I assumed most of the other tracks did as well...Im in the same boat, as I have 5 MRT pt...lol..and looking for red ones now...

I hope you are still going to attend, Im not sure if that would stop me from attending one of the best USVTA events in the country, but if you are not I understand.

Just so we are clear I will put this info in the original post

Sorry Myron Kinnard

If you are running the MRT personal transponders, they will not work at Thunder RC home of the 2013 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City, U.S.A.
Attached Thumbnails 2013 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-th.jpg  
Old 07-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

that blame will fall on my shoulders...Ive been away from the RC scene and track, and when I came around I was told we upgraded....I assumed most of the other tracks did as well...Im in the same boat, as I have 5 MRT pt...lol..and looking for red ones now...

I hope you are still going to attend, Im not sure if that would stop me from attending one of the best USVTA events in the country, but if you are not I understand.

Just so we are clear I will put this info in the original post

Sorry Myron Kinnard

If you are running the MRT personal transponders, they will not work at Thunder RC home of the 2013 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City, U.S.A.
I still plan on coming. This just sucks to have this expense just so I can race here... At least I know now and can try to do something about it vs when I got down there. It's offical; the toy car racing budget has been blown out of the water this year.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Mylaps will trade your MRT transponders for a new 3-wire transponder for $35. I know that it sucks to have an expense like this pop up, but at least you can get an upgrade at a pretty big discount. I just had one of my transponders die, so i was not able to upgrade or trade it in. I was forced to buy a new transponder to the tune of $105.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Mylaps will trade your MRT transponders for a new 3-wire transponder for $35. I know that it sucks to have an expense like this pop up, but at least you can get an upgrade at a pretty big discount. I just had one of my transponders die, so i was not able to upgrade or trade it in. I was forced to buy a new transponder to the tune of $105.
Does the my laps transponder work on the old systems? Any of the Harbor Hobbies people in IL can chime in. I don't get to race much and that is the main place I do race at.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Entry paid for TC & 1/12! Now I need to get up there and get some practice in. I think a few of us from Onelug are planning on coming up on the 28th.

The 2 wire Mylaps hybrids will work on any system. They want $85 to trade for a hybrid. The new 3 wire will only work on a RC4 decoder, and an older decoder with the latest firmware (I'm pretty sure). The 3 wire are $35 when you trade in any older transponders including the MRT.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

Entry paid for TC & 1/12! Now I need to get up there and get some practice in. I think a few of us from Onelug are planning on coming up on the 28th.

The 2 wire Mylaps hybrids will work on any system. They want $85 to trade for a hybrid. The new 3 wire will only work on a RC4 decoder, and an older decoder with the latest firmware (I'm pretty sure). The 3 wire are $35 when you trade in any older transponders including the MRT.
can you post that info on the trade(website ect)so ppl can do that incl myself...thanks
Old 07-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Travis S
Does the my laps transponder work on the old systems? Any of the Harbor Hobbies people in IL can chime in. I don't get to race much and that is the main place I do race at.
if you get the rc4 hybird 2 wire it will work on rc3 systems but the rc4 pure 3 wire will not work on the older systems. that I know
Old 07-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Here you go:

http://www.mylaps.com/en/products/rc4-upgrades/183

I found a compatability chart too.

Decoder............... Transponders

AMBrc........... AMB House TP,. AMB DP,. MRT iPT,. MRT PTX,. MyL rc2,. MyL rc4 (hybrid),. MyL rc4 (purcy)
AMBrc3......... AMB House TP,. AMB DP,. MRT iPT,. MRT PTX,. MyL rc2,. MyL rc4 (hybrid),. MyL rc4 (purcy)
MyLaps rc3.... AMB House TP,. AMB DP,. MRT iPT,. MRT PTX,. MyL rc2,. MyL rc4 (hybrid),. MyL rc4 (purcy)
MyLaps rc4.... AMB House TP,. AMB DP,. MRT iPT,. MRT PTX,. MyL rc2,. MyL rc4 (hybrid),. MyL rc4 (purcy)
Old 07-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Tech Champion

Thx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.