R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #16
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Mark Tveten (mtveten on this forum, I think) is usually the benchmark for F1 up here in the northwest, and he's a very nice and helpful guy. I'm sure he could steer you in the right direction. Also, Korey Harbke (that's his username, too) knows his way around an F1 car and is usually quite helpful.

Also, check out the Northwest Racers forum, there are threads for all the local clubs. Seattle RC Racers, FastTrax NW, "tcs in Washington" is Galaxy Hobbies, "FWR Racing Season" is Fantasy World, there's a BRCR (Bremerton RC Raceway) thread. Four Seasons in Olympia probably has a thread, but I don't remember the title off the top of my head. Anyway, we love to see new / returning racers getting into the hobby, and there's never a shortage of people at the track to help get you (back) up to speed.

grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #17
Tech Rookie

@grippgoat Thanks for the info, I am going to head up to Galaxy hobby this weekend. As far as scale spec racing, the only other cars I currently have... Really old Nitro RS42 and an Electric HPI Sprint.

When I started, I wanted to race F1, but it wasnt very big back in Enfield, CT. Seems like it is more popular now or at least becoming more popular. So for now, I am going to roll with F1, maybe see if there is class I can use my old HPI cars in... especially since my wife says I have too many hobbies.
SnyderJD77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #18
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SnyderJD77 View Post
Thanks all, for the words of wisdom. I will be heading to the track this weekend to check out whats new etc...

In the meantime, I ordered the Tamiya F104 Vii with a few hop parts that I think I would want, Aluminum motor mount, carbon driveshaft, titanium kingpins, and adjustable metal uprights...

Also ordered the Body Set Vodafone McLaren - Mercedes MP4-24

ECS, Motor, tires, any additional parts I'll try to get from continued feedback here or at the track.
Speed Passion has good deals on their esc and motor combos, if you become a member through their website.
RS_ZACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #19
Tech Rookie

Sorry for thread jacking, but I have similar questions!

How's the part supply on the FGX?

Hows finding realistic bodies for the FGX? I see the speed passion body fits? What about f104 bodies?

ramenmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #20
Tech Rookie

Im certainly no expert hence my thread... but my reasoning for not looking at the FGX, was due to the reported fragility. I am not sure how much truth there is to that. but that that lead me in my initial direction.
SnyderJD77 is offline   Reply With Quote