Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya 416???

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 07:57 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Difuser hows it going, this new car is it a proto-type or is it just a 415 with new parts on it.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
John thanks for dinner and the "beverages" last night it was way a too early morning to catch the flight today.
not a problem, glad you guys had a chance to drop by the house....more Forza next time!
Old 06-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

TJ nothing is official for a go on production or not production. I heard both versions over the weekend and noone knows for sure. Except maybe Kiyo and he did not say. They are also keeping the proto's on a tight leash, as far as I know none left Tamiya America.

As for access it is a whole lot quicker for diff maintenance, spur and belt changes. The rest of the parts were all LW suspension. Dave did run the DJ rear but the rest stuck with the std rear. Spashett needed a whole new car after the 4th round. Craig wanted the same line as David down the front straight and after the Carbon settled both cars were absolutely hammered. I would not consider the dust up a durability issue as where the impact was a tank would have had a hard time surviving.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:15 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

Thanks difuser good to hear from you again.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:24 AM
JP
Tech Initiate

From what i can see the suspension package is the same as the MS. They have simply lowered the CofG and made the car alot easier to work with. I think the design is very impressive, one of the best cars simply getting better.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey I was wondering if I could get some advise from you Tamiya guys ?
I'm running Tamiya shocks on my xxx-s, I'm using the gold ball studs that the shocks mount to, but the threads are a little short. a guy at my local track ''SRS'' gave me one that had long threads on it, but he didn't know the part #.

I went to the Tamiya web site and I could not find any thing. I tried a few local Hobby shops that sell Tamiya parts, no one seems to know what car uses that ball stud or that part #.

I see lundsford sells alot of different size ball studs but I don't know what size it is.

If any of you guys could help me with this I would really appreciate it.

Also I was wondering If any of You guys would know how many different size pistons, Tamiya makes for there shocks, and what would be the closest equivalent to losi pistons?

Do any other brand of pistons fit the Tamiya shocks?

I figured out that the Associated springs fit the Tamiya shocks.

Any and all help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mike.