2013 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" W/SCOTTY ERNST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" W/SCOTTY ERNST

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

kraig or scotty - forgive me if this has been covered already, but i would assume the handout tire for f1 is going to be pardus again?
Old 09-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
kraig or scotty - forgive me if this has been covered already, but i would assume the handout tire for f1 is going to be pardus again?
Yes they are Pardus again. We made that announcement, must only be on Facebook. Oops.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

i thought i saw it somewhere, but wanted to be sure. thanks, kraig
Old 09-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Mario
Old 09-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Old 09-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just got back in to town, after spending some time in Wisconsin. Had a great time seeing
Boomer and Scotty. I can tell you that these two guys are by far the best people to know in this industry. I can not tell you how pumped both of them are to be putting on ONE OF THE BEST RACES. Cant wait to get that fun week with the Arizona boys and some of the friends we have made over the years. The only race to look forward to every year. If you haven’t gone you better get you name in there as soon as you can. Thanks again to you guys and everyone that helps make this race possible every year!!!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Big White
Just got back in to town, after spending some time in Wisconsin. Had a great time seeing
Boomer and Scotty. I can tell you that these two guys are by far the best people to know in this industry. I can not tell you how pumped both of them are to be putting on ONE OF THE BEST RACES. Cant wait to get that fun week with the Arizona boys and some of the friends we have made over the years. The only race to look forward to every year. If you haven’t gone you better get you name in there as soon as you can. Thanks again to you guys and everyone that helps make this race possible every year!!!!!
What will Big White do this year? Do we need to start up a collection for bail?
Old 09-12-2013, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Big White on the zip line on Freemont Street! Probably not quite as interesting as his choice of swimming holes but that is only one night.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

HI Everyone,

Great to see all the chat going as I know everyone is getting very excited. Spoke to Frank Calandra today from CRC and we are all set with the brand new CRC Fast Track carpet.

I have some very important information to pass on to everyone attending the IIC. It was brought to my attention this afternoon that there is a serious safety hazard going on in our industry and it needs to be addressed for the IIC.

As many of you know there is a charger on the market called the I-Charger. This charger allows you to charge your battery at 40amps! Asinine and foolish but you can do it. Well these chargers are having a serious problem and causing many users to blow up their batteries and start fires. Word is that it is a problem with the software when there is a fluctuation of input voltage. This information came from one of the most reliable sources I know in the industry so if they feel it is a serious problem, there is no question in my mind that it is.

For the safety of all racers at the event and safety of the hotel, we will not be allowing these chargers at this years IIC. Now before anyone flips out about this, I know any of the racers attending the IIC that has one of these chargers will also have an alternate charger to use. This is 100% a safety issue and as the organizer of the IIC I need to ensure I do everything I can to make for the safest environment for everyone attending the event. I know there are other chargers out there that have high charge rates so we are setting a 10amp charge rate maximum. I also know the only way this can be policed is by all of you in the pits keeping an eye on your neighbor to ensure everyone follows the rules.

Also LIPO BAGS-
IT IS MANDATORY THAT ALL RACERS CHARGE BATTERIES IN A APPROVED LIPO BAG. THERE WILL BE ZERO TOLERANCE ON ANYONE NOT USING A LIPO BAG. THE ONLY REASON YOU WOULD NOT USE A LIPO BAG IS BECAUSE YOU ARE LAZY! THERE ARE NO EXCUSES! IT IS A SAFETY ISSUE AND EVERYONE MUST FOLLOW THIS RULE. NO EXCEPTIONS.

CONCOURSE- With our goal to add some different classes to the IIC over the past couple of years and trying to focus on realistic looking cars with the F-1 and Spec GT. We will be holding a Concourse event for these 2 classes. F-1 Paint Lab will be sponsoring the award for Concourse so keep up the good work like we have seen over the past couple of weeks with awesome realistic looking bodies. Date of this is not set yet.

STILLBILL: Very disappointed that you will not be able to join us and you have always been a staple at the IIC. If your Doc says you cannot fly, that means only 1 thing............ ROAD TRIP! And I know the guy in charge so you wont have to marshal and he can get you into the race even at the last minute. We will miss you Bill.

MARIO: Yes we will be using Pardus tires again this year. We have a larger entry into F-1 this year and many are new racers who have not run it in the past. Should be a great class.

That is the latest and greatest news and info. As always if you have any questions at all, please email me directly and i will answer right away. [email protected]

Keep the countdown going.
Thanks
Scotty
[email protected]
Old 09-12-2013, 11:57 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Scotty, you mention 'approved' LiPo sacks... is there list? Or just common sense (don't Wrap your battery in oily rags and call it a lipo sack )?
Old 09-12-2013, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Scotty, can you please clarify your iCharger ruling with a model # that will not be allowed, i only have iChargers, 106B (10amp max) and 306B (30amp max but only use 10, not a believer in high amp charging).
Old 09-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Tech Champion

I haven't heard of any fires being caused by the iCharger. I just Googled it and found nothing relevant. I'd think if it were a problem there would be something posted somewhere. I just sold my alternate charger If the problem is the high charge rates then just limiting it to 10 and not banning the charger should be sufficient.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

The only iCharger model capable of 40-Amp charging is the iCharger 4010 Duo 2000W 40A DC Charger which looks like the pic below...
Old 09-13-2013, 12:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I haven't heard of any fires being caused by the iCharger. I just Googled it and found nothing relevant. I'd think if it were a problem there would be something posted somewhere. I just sold my alternate charger If the problem is the high charge rates then just limiting it to 10 and not banning the charger should be sufficient.
I don't think the ban would be lifted. I know a couple of racers that have these chargers and will be disappointed. And having a charging amp limit is very interesting.

Also, I had no response to my lipo question. What is the max! voltage we can run our lipo's at? I want to measure to make sure my charger is accurate enough to meet the requirements.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

4 days have gone by and so far here's what the poll results show...

Have you made your choice and placed a vote? Click on the image below.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.