Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" W/SCOTTY ERNST

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is there a attending list yet it is getting close can't wait!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Lol

Sorry kraig!!!!
Old 09-01-2013, 12:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Allowable Charge Rates at IIC

Kraig,

Understanding that the IIC battery specification will only be a "Voltage" check (no temp?)at tech, will these new 30-40 Amp chargers be allowed to charge the "new chemistry" packs at rates of 4-8C?

Just wanting to understand what will be allowed this year.

FYI...Have been reading other strings describing 30-40 Amp charging on RCTech.net that makes me wonder...

Many thanks.

Bill
Old 09-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Kraig,

Understanding that the IIC battery specification will only be a "Voltage" check (no temp?)at tech, will these new 30-40 Amp chargers be allowed to charge the "new chemistry" packs at rates of 4-8C?

Just wanting to understand what will be allowed this year.

FYI...Have been reading other strings describing 30-40 Amp charging on RCTech.net that makes me wonder...

Many thanks.

Bill
Hi Bill,

We will be checking battery temp, just like years past.

Charging at such high amperage has us concerned. When we make our decision on max charging rate we will error on the side of caution.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Hi Bill,

We will be checking battery temp, just like years past.

Charging at such high amperage has us concerned. When we make our decision on max charging rate we will error on the side of caution.
Totally understood. Was surprised to see that battery temp was not mentioned. Thanks.

Bill
Old 09-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I have yet to see a battery issue from high amp charging. I would be more concerned on people not using a balance charger than I would the current rate. A charger with no balancer can charge a lot more serious issues than higher charge rates.

EA
Old 09-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Any chance of a concourse for Spec GT? It would encourage realistic paint schemes. I suggested it to Charlie Barnes a while back and ask him see if Parma/fascolor would sponsor it. Of course, I hope LED's would get bonus points.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Spec GT Bodies.

After the success of last year’s Spec GT class, we want this year’s class to keep with the same scale look that we had and help this class grow to be something different from the normal look of sedans.

All bodies must be painted to show the scale look and design of the car. We want all cars to look like they could be real cars that you would see on the track. We do not want to see cars with flames, drips, dots, etc. We want them to look like cars that a spectator could possibly relate to on T.V. or on the showroom floor. You can have one color paint schemes but you must use the included sticker sheet to give the car the race car feel and look. I ask everyone who joins this class keep in the spirit of what we are trying to do and to take some time to detail their cars.

All of you who have currently entered should have received an e-mail from Scotty on this topic. If you did not and wish to discuss it further with him please e-mail him at [email protected].

Here are some examples, courtesy of Live RC.

Originally Posted by HB Moose
Any chance of a concourse for Spec GT? It would encourage realistic paint schemes. I suggested it to Charlie Barnes a while back and ask him see if Parma/fascolor would sponsor it. Of course, I hope LED's would get bonus points.
I like that idea; we were asked to put some thought into the paint.
Finally a chance for a competition I might be able to make the A on
Old 09-02-2013, 12:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm so looking forward to my very first IIC race!! Is it October yet??
Old 09-02-2013, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John birmele
I'm so looking forward to my very first IIC race!! Is it October yet??
Not quite John. No worries, most of us are anxiously awaiting.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I have yet to see a battery issue from high amp charging. I would be more concerned on people not using a balance charger than I would the current rate. A charger with no balancer can charge a lot more serious issues than higher charge rates.

EA
No matter what battery it is, 1 or 2 cell, this is an issue that will be taken under consideration for the safety of spectators, racers and the facility.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

Here is pass 1 of the speed control list. It is the same as the one used for AOCRC. Take a look and if you don't see your favorite speed control and software version listed let me know asap so I can investigate!

Thanks,
Kraig
Old 09-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is it legal to run a 12.3 rotor in 13.5 WGT? I did not see as an option in the motor list like the motors in the 17.5 12th scale.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quick question about logos on shirts allowed for Amateur Touring. I know we are not allowed to wear any RC related company logos on clothing. But would it be OK to wear shirts from a local RC Track/Club as long as it doesn't have any sponsor logos on it?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by puhrot
Quick question about logos on shirts allowed for Amateur Touring. I know we are not allowed to wear any RC related company logos on clothing. But would it be OK to wear shirts from a local RC Track/Club as long as it doesn't have any sponsor logos on it?
In the past, local RC Track/Club shirts were included in the clothing items not allowed for amateur drivers. This rule has only been enforced when you're on the stand for an amateur race in case you happen to be entered in more than one class. You can wear your track/club shirt, just be prepared to turn it inside out or put something over it when you take the stand for your amateur race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.