R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   New TC4 Belt underway? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/73448-new-tc4-belt-underway.html)

imr 05-26-2005 08:26 AM

New TC4 Belt underway?

quote:

"Although a Factory Team Kit of the TC4 has been released, there's of course no information about the belt drive which Barry Baker and the crew is testing at the moment."

source rczone.net

cartmen34 05-26-2005 08:50 AM

[pointless post]
I can see your future...(looks into smokey crystal ball) I see.... trouble ahead..... Oh no! It's another shaft vs. belt internetxpert session!
[/pointless post]

:ha: :D But still interesting. It'll be interesting to see what layout they come up with.

Mr. Shookie 05-26-2005 08:54 AM

HAven't we already talked about Barry Bakers personal Belt drive car he is designing....I think it was in the TC4 thred....Gosh I hope people haven't posted too much...
LOL

Originally Posted by cartmen34
[pointless post]

I can see your future...(looks into smokey crystal ball) I see.... trouble ahead..... Oh no! It's another shaft vs. belt internetxpert session!
[/pointless post]

:ha: :D But still interesting. It'll be interesting to see what layout they come up with.

tsuiyuen 05-26-2005 09:51 AM

don't tell me AE going to have belt drive TC4 ar....

NVisible 05-26-2005 09:58 AM

everyone quick, jump on that bandwagon before its too late!

rayhuang 05-26-2005 10:09 AM

YOU know-the old SHAFT drivenTC3 is still one heck of a car. At the Gate-a very competitive track-the two fastest cars in stock every single week are TC3's. But-if theres one thing Ive learned about the TC3-no two are alike. You can put the exact same set-up on two TC3's and get laptimes widely different.

I am sure at some point the TC4 will be as good as the TC3 was-and then everyone will be back on the shaftwagon again.

But its still hard to beat a good shaft driven TC3-at least in stock. When right-they have all that rip and they refuse to slow down-even if driven badly-they still just keep on ripping.

Why did I post this??? :weird:

Dane 05-26-2005 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by NVisible
everyone quick, jump on that bandwagon before its too late!

Hahahahaha.. I couldn't agree more - it seems to be the thing around here.... :rolleyes:

Brian McGreevy 05-26-2005 11:35 AM

Because you like to preach on brother ray!

You're right about the TC3, though. The one I ran at the Novak race was phenomenal, but my friend put my exact setup on his and it was not nearly as good.

Lately the fastest cars at my track have been belts. It's either mine or my team mate's Corally and the Xrays.

TimXLB 05-26-2005 12:50 PM

Hi,

We run both. and seem to be close in lap times. I think its in the setup and driving style. you have be smoother with the belt car (at least that's what Mini says) and drive harder off the corners wirth the shaft car. he seems to be faster with 05 right now but we haven't played with the TC3 in a while.

Thanks

Soviet 05-26-2005 01:36 PM

Ya know...After building an XRay FK '05, I had but one thought:

WHO IN THE HELL ENJOYS WORKING ON THIS COMPLEX THING!?!?!

I mean seriously, after a partial teardown of my friends FK05 just to replace the spur gear I hated the car. Compared to the latest belt-drives, the shaft-driven cars are MUCH more maintenance friendly.

I got my TC4 back together last night and it was SO much easier to work on. Shoot...I don't even care if some of the Tam415 clones are a "bit" faster on the track, I'd rather not get a migrane every time I need to change a part. :D

Have any of you noticed the same thing???

Advil 05-26-2005 01:47 PM

Just wait until you have to change your spur gear in a FT TC4. LOL

Sleighty 05-26-2005 01:48 PM

yes ive noticed the same thing apart from on the yokomo BD :D

So whats the story with this associated belt car? or isnt there one?

raving-monkey 05-26-2005 01:48 PM

won't be that hard...undo top deck and its basically same as tub TC4 then...

dgr81bm 05-26-2005 01:56 PM

There is no belt car. Dont tell me people actually beleive this!

Advil 05-26-2005 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by raving-monkey
won't be that hard...undo top deck and its basically same as tub TC4 then...

Yes, just undo the top deck....12 more screws (not inclucing the center spine on the FT TC4). It doesn't seem like much but after a few times it gets to be a PITA. LOL Just as bad as one of the belt cars IMHO. I'm not saying I don't like the design, I'm just saying that it won't be as simple as it once was. I really do like mine! (BMI TC4) :nod: