Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
MR4TC BD vs. FK 05 vs. 415  MS >

MR4TC BD vs. FK 05 vs. 415 MS

MR4TC BD vs. FK 05 vs. 415 MS

Old 06-16-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Why does one have to resort to personalities if one's opinon differs from another's point of veiw.

He just gave the facts as have been currently published and stated by the top factory team drivers plus his own personal experience.

Why discredit someone simply for not spending the amount of time on the track you feel one should have before they can have an opinion about with your favorite car.

By your definition no one should or can give their opinion if they haven't spent a min. of x amount of time driving the car. How much time, 1 day, 1 week, 6 mos., 1 year?

Myself I would rather rely on the expert factory drivers responses and results at various events and venues as to their expert evaluations, plus the top drivers at the club level, in addition to my own experience; But that is just my opinion. You know what they say about opinions.

Every car has its own pluses and minuses. Not everyone has the same driving style. Hence different makes of cars.

Some are better than others on certain conditions and are easier to tune.

Pops
I agree with you on just about everything you said, but,

First of all I didn't resort to any "personalities", or say that he was wrong. I agree that different cars work better for different driving styles. Many cars can make a driver better.

What facts by what factory drivers? Factory drivers are just as biased as anyone else.

I didn't try discredit him, I said I didn't know, but thought (in my opinion) (not a definiton) it would take several weekends running the car to get an honest opinion of each of the cars he mentioned. That's my opinion, and you seem to have a problem with that. Sorry about that. I have no problem with your opinon, even if it may be right or wrong, it's your opinion.

I never implied that the car I favored was better than the others, I never mentioned any car. The top drivers at our track run Schumacher, Yokomo and Xrays. But the Schumachers, and the Yokomos will usually beat the other cars because the drivers are more skilled. That is, unless Matt Francis comes out to race, then the JRX will win 99% of the time. Does that make the corner speed, set-up ease, or anything about the JRX better, no, in my opinion it's the driver for sure. The only way Matt will loose is if he breaks, or we make him run a Steet Weapon. And the Street Weapon would only give the rest of the pack a 50/50 chance.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

an AE factory driver races with us using his plastic(graphite) TC4. No one has beaten him yet. We're getting closer, but he is just perfect. His car probably isn't even the lightest, most balanced, or most expensive. He uses take-off tires that have over 20 runs.He even uses 1.141 OLD cells. He still wins b/c he is can get the best setup and is the most experienced driver.

Point is, all of the cars you mentioned are very good and can win races. Pick the car you want based on ease of maintance and durability.

PS: ml-I'm not trying to say anything bad about your equip, just trying to let these guys know that all cars are great and a driver will make more diff than the car. I know you'll have the best stuff when you go to big races, and we try to get our stuff the best for our regular club races: ie...1.18's and high hp motors
Old 06-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pops
I agree with you on just about everything you said, but,

First of all I didn't resort to any "personalities", or say that he was wrong. I agree that different cars work better for different driving styles. Many cars can make a driver better.

What facts by what factory drivers? Factory drivers are just as biased as anyone else.

I didn't try discredit him, I said I didn't know, but thought (in my opinion) (not a definiton) it would take several weekends running the car to get an honest opinion of each of the cars he mentioned. That's my opinion, and you seem to have a problem with that. Sorry about that. I have no problem with your opinon, even if it may be right or wrong, it's your opinion.

I never implied that the car I favored was better than the others, I never mentioned any car. The top drivers at our track run Schumacher, Yokomo and Xrays. But the Schumachers, and the Yokomos will usually beat the other cars because the drivers are more skilled. That is, unless Matt Francis comes out to race, then the JRX will win 99% of the time. Does that make the corner speed, set-up ease, or anything about the JRX better, no, in my opinion it's the driver for sure. The only way Matt will loose is if he breaks, or we make him run a Steet Weapon. And the Street Weapon would only give the rest of the pack a 50/50 chance.
Well said.
That's what I'm talking about, having respect for other peoples opinions. We can agree to disagree.

Group Hug?

Pops
Old 06-16-2005, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

mark, and marks pop, i wasn't taking a shot at mark, but i did call into question his ability to make the comments he made. As far as i know, and i have been wrong before, there are only two yok bd's in this area, andrew had one and has now moved, and jb has the other one. i believe jb's has been run maybe once at 4 seasons, (small asphalt high grip i'm told, never been there) once or twice at FW, large open and flowing asphalt) and never at raincity (carpet track) and his SDW has not left his hobby room. I have the only other SDW in the area. and I haven't ran it at 4 seasons. and i did win the carpet race at the puyallup fair with it. although only in sportsman class. I just didn't understand how you could form an opinion, (that you are entitled too) about a car and now cars (bd and sdw) that you have never driven. according to your pops, it may be because of something you read and thats fine too. but made it sound like you had personal experience with all the cars. btw no one around here has had the bd on carpet with foams so i guess you read that somewhere else too. and no where in any of this have i stated that my sponsers car was the best or tried to push it.

one more thing, if you remember who, can you tell me who else in this area has these cars and where they race. would like to share some setups. thanks.

Last edited by Turtlemaster; 06-16-2005 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Angry

LET ME SET SOMETHING STRAIGHT: NO ONE HAS DRIVEN MY BD BUT ME. The first time it has touched a track is LAST WEEKEND @ FW. No one at Debbie's has seen my car either unless they were at it's first outing. GEEESH... -JB
Old 06-16-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Angry

And another friggin' thing, out of all of my Yoke cars, only two people has driven them, Mark T. and Franko. But guess what- IT WAS THE RAYSPEED SD ON RUBBERS @ DEBBIE'S. This topic has gotten WAAYYY off topic and I don't think I'll contribute anymore ... Well, maybe -JB

Last edited by JayBee; 06-17-2005 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:48 PM
Tech Legend

Can I bash into this party ?

The Tc-3 is still a better ride than all those other cars....

SUCKER~S.....
Old 06-16-2005, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

SO NOT TRUE -JB
Old 06-16-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

posted by mteven

Having driven all of these cars I would have to say they each have their strengths and short comings.

Ritchie,

Yes I have spent some time with JB's car and observed a several of them at a various tracks around. From what I have seen and experienced with my the car feels a bit numb and transitions slower than than both the X-Ray and 415. I would say that it is big step forward in agility from the SDW

posted by jaybee.
LET ME SET SOMETHING STRAIGHT: NO ONE HAS DRIVEN MY BD BUT ME. The first time it has touched a track is LAST WEEKEND @ FW

me posting now, and sorry about this guys.
mark, i have copied and pasted two of your statements, these are not opinions, but statements. and challenged those statements and you took it as a attack, your father has defended you.

the persons car in question, that you "have spent some time with" has only seen one track. and has never been driven by anyone but jaybee. has never seen carpet, much less foams.

while you don't need to apoligize for having an opinion, you may want to say sorry for lying.

fact is, there are no other bd's in this area, not at 4 seasons, not at fw, not at trcr (dirt track) not at burien, not at sarcar, not at atomic hobby, not at raincity, and not at peel it. as i stated before, andrew had one and has moved, jb has the other bd, there are not "serveral others" for you to watch. and as for you SDW comments, there are only two of those around also, i have one and jb has the other. and you have driven neither.

sorry for the ramble guys. i will try and be nice from now on.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Tech Legend

God Dang ! This getting good now...

be rite back ...

gona pop some corn ......
Old 06-16-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I drove Jaybee's BD and it was DIALED! more steering and corner speed than any other car I've ever driven
Old 06-16-2005, 08:27 PM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

THANX MATT... I FORGOT ABOUT THAT -JB
Old 06-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

Whats the main diff between the 415 and 415ms? Which one is better for asphault? And, whats up with the rumors of a new car int he TRF line? When is it coming out?
Old 06-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
I drove Jaybee's BD and it was DIALED! more steering and corner speed than any other car I've ever driven

What's up Matt!? I got a BD and man that thing is fast!
Old 06-16-2005, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scooby Horton
What's up Matt!? I got a BD and man that thing is fast!
Scoooooby! what's up man? yeah, the BD is off the hook! take it easy on the guys back east

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.