R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-22-2014, 07:26 PM   #391
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to FTTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwang View Post
As per IFMAR WORLDS BYLAWS/RULES 1.8.2 - ALL HEATS SHOULD BE 5 MINS, NOT 6 MINS. So I hope the schedule showing 6 mins is an oversight.

http://www.ifmar.org/pdf/rules/ifmar...track_2014.pdf

Rick W
Rick

You are correct and so is the schedule. The schedule is accounting for a 60 second "padding" at the end of the 5 minute race for the drivers to finish their last laps. If you look at the IFMAR timetables in the rules it shows the same thing just added all together. We broke it down further that's all. I assure you Modified Touring is set for 5 minutes and 1/12th is set for 8. If you look at the 1/12th sheets you will see the same thing. The IFMAR timetables account for 11 minutes for each race in 1/12 and 8 for 1/10. We broke this down as (2 minute "warm up, drivers getting on stand and setting cars down"), then the 8 minute race, then a 1 minute Padding or finishing period after the time expires waiting for drivers to finish their final lap. This equals the 11 minutes in 1/12 and 8 minutes in 1/10. Sorry for the lengthy explanation. I hope this helps.

Tim
FTTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:31 PM   #392
Shop Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
Thanks Tim!

Do you also have updated schedules for the 1/12th portion now that the first half of day one has changed to heat practice? Just checking.

Thanks!
Hey Lloyd,

Sorry didn't see this earlier. Yes they have been reworked. We are waiting on confirmation back on a few minor changes from IFMAR and as soon as I get that I will post them to here and to our Mobile App. The Mobile App is now being updated Daily as we get information in. All updated Heat listings, rules, battery lists, Entry Lists, Official IFMAR Rules, hotel info, directions, motor lists and hell even the Local Weather for both Tracks can be found in our Official App!

Tim Caporal

Last edited by FTTim; 09-22-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:41 PM   #393
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTTim View Post
Rick

You are correct and so is the schedule. The schedule is accounting for a 60 second "padding" at the end of the 5 minute race for the drivers to finish their last laps. If you look at the IFMAR timetables in the rules it shows the same thing just added all together. We broke it down further that's all. I assure you Modified Touring is set for 5 minutes and 1/12th is set for 8. If you look at the 1/12th sheets you will see the same thing. The IFMAR timetables account for 11 minutes for each race in 1/12 and 8 for 1/10. We broke this down as (2 minute "warm up, drivers getting on stand and setting cars down"), then the 8 minute race, then a 1 minute Padding or finishing period after the time expires waiting for drivers to finish their final lap. This equals the 11 minutes in 1/12 and 8 minutes in 1/10. Sorry for the lengthy explanation. I hope this helps.

Tim
Thanks Tim for the clarification, see you guys soon!
rwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:42 PM   #394
Tech Adept

Default Spokesperson for DialedNTV!!!

PRESS RELEASE!

ALL PERSONS FINISHING IN THE TOP THREE POSITIONS IN THE A & B-MAINS IN THEIR RESPECTIVE CLASSES OF RACING ARE AWARDED AND WELCOMED CABLE TV INTERVIEWS ON COMCAST AND VERIZON FIOS CABLE NETWORKS TO PROMOTED THEMSELVES AND CONTRIBUTING SPONSORS!

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN COMPLETING YOUR INTERVIEW?
PLEASE COME TO THE BIG WHITE TENT FOR SCHEDULING!!!
ALSO PLEASE TRY AND INFORM YOUR FELLOW 1, 2 AND 3RD PEER TO ACCOMPANY YOU THERE ALL AT ONCE! TO EXPEDITE THE FLOW OF INTERVIEWS!

PLEASE PASS THIS NOTE ON TO YOUR SPONSORS AND PEERS.

WE AT DIALEDNTV ARE EXCITED TO HEAR YOU GUYS POST RACE COMMENTARY!

THANK YOU!
Attached Thumbnails
2014 IFMAR Worlds Full Throttle Raceway at Kissimmee Florida-lgcrop22.png  

Last edited by Braincell2; 09-26-2014 at 05:16 PM. Reason: add photo
Braincell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:43 PM   #395
Shop Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwang View Post
Thanks Tim for the clarification, see you guys soon!
Not a problem Rick. Safe travels to you guys! See you soon.

Tim
Old 09-22-2014, 09:50 PM   #396
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
You can purchase in advance www.superiorhobbies.com they will be available trackside pickup by impound area.
Thanks.
Do we need to purchase online in advance and pick them up at the track? Or we can just simply go buy tires at the track on the day we arrive?

Thanks again.
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:43 AM   #397
Shop Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
Thanks.
Do we need to purchase online in advance and pick them up at the track? Or we can just simply go buy tires at the track on the day we arrive?

Thanks again.
Hi-LowBlow

You can do it either way. If you want to save yourself ALOT of time. We suggest contacting Superior Hobbies by Phone 407-834-9299 and Pre Purchasing your tires for the Race. (All Tires are from the same Batch). This will greatly speed up your check-in process.

Tim

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on."

"Id rather die on my feet than live on my knees"
Old 09-23-2014, 09:00 AM   #398
Shop Owner

Default Updated 1/12th TImetables

Hello Drivers,

As promised here are the Updated 1/12th Timetables

There have been some changes to the Timetables as follows:

Day One - All practice is by Heat format as requested!
Day Two - Q5 has now been added to D2
Day Three - Q6 and then Re-Sort for the Mains followed by a 4 minute practice session for EACH Main followed by the Mains. The Trophy Presentation and Reception will follow A3.

Q5 was moved to Day two due to a Large Majority of the Drivers running both Venues. We wanted ample time for all drivers and support staff to be able to travel from Minnregg to Kissimmee safely for the Start of the 1/10th scale portion the next morning.

Thank You Again,

Tim Caporal
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1-12 Day One Schedule V2.pdf (53.9 KB, 164 views)
File Type: pdf 1-12 Day Two Schedule V2.pdf (55.1 KB, 95 views)
File Type: pdf 1-12 Day Three Schedule V2.pdf (53.1 KB, 122 views)

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on."

"Id rather die on my feet than live on my knees"
Old 09-23-2014, 04:44 PM   #399
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi-LowBlow

You can do it either way. If you want to save yourself ALOT of time. We suggest contacting Superior Hobbies by Phone 407-834-9299 and Pre Purchasing your tires for the Race. (All Tires are from the same Batch). This will greatly speed up your check-in process.

Tim
FYI another benefit on pre purchase online same price no tax since it is online purchase
Trackside purchase with cc will have to pay taxes like any purchase unavoidable
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:32 PM   #400
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Tim,
For 12th scale, are the heat listings pretty much etched in stone from practice through round 2? Or are they heats subject to change based on practice performance? Or in other words, are the heats going to get adjusted (seeded) based on practice performance? This is the only question I can come up with. All my questions are covered, you guys are doing great!
Brian
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:47 PM   #401
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000 View Post
Tim,
For 12th scale, are the heat listings pretty much etched in stone from practice through round 2? Or are they heats subject to change based on practice performance? Or in other words, are the heats going to get adjusted (seeded) based on practice performance? This is the only question I can come up with. All my questions are covered, you guys are doing great!
Brian
I think heat seeding is based on the number of Coho Salmon you can catch.

Its so serious on this thread.... oh wait.. it is the WORLDS ! yeee haw!

Jake D.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:36 AM   #402
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Mark Stiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000 View Post
Tim,
Brian
There is usually a re-sort prior to the start of qualifying. I think they plan to base it on each drivers fastest 3 consecutive laps added together.

At previous WC's I've done it has often been a limited re-seed, so they only move drivers if they are massively faster or slower than others in their heat, or if they need to re-balance the heats due to no-shows.

BRCA 1/12 Electric Circuit Section Chairman
Mark Stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:28 AM   #403
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Jake, this is serious stuff! But if it helps me go faster, I will go catch more.

Thanks Mark. Not sure that I am going to "rock" worlds, but I taking a good hard look at practice times vs heats and being ready.... all that jazz.

Looking forward to this!

Brian
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:16 AM   #404
Shop Owner

Default Heats

Hey Drivers,

As far as the Heats are concerned they are NOT "etched" in stone. Like Mark pointed out we will be looking at the top three consecutive fast laps. If a driver is WAY faster or WAY slower than where they currently are placed we will make adjustments based on that.

Any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. If I don't know the answer I will do my best to find it out for you guys!

Less than 2 weeks to the first Start Tone!

Tim Caporal
Old 09-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #405
Tech Adept

Quote:
Hey Drivers,

As far as the Heats are concerned they are NOT "etched" in stone. Like Mark pointed out we will be looking at the top three consecutive fast laps. If a driver is WAY faster or WAY slower than where they currently are placed we will make adjustments based on that.

Any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. If I don't know the answer I will do my best to find it out for you guys!

Less than 2 weeks to the first Start Tone!

Tim Caporal
I agree with this method. When is re-sort executed? Is it each practice session? Or, is it just before Q1?  Is there extra time to do re-sort?