R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #376
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to FTTim
Default 1/10th Timetables

Drivers,

Here are the preliminary 1/10th Timetables. Please keep in mind these are subject to some adjustment. We wanted to get these out to everyone ASAP. Knowledge is POWER! Hopefully not too much Power! LOL

Tim

Also all of these files: I.E. Heat sheets, Timetables, etc are being added to our 2014 IFMAR Worlds App this afternoon. You can find the App here:

http://apps.appmakr.com/ifmaristc2014worldchampionship

If you are on Iphone or Windows Phone choose the HTML5 link and save as a Bookmark to your Homescreen. It will save with the WC Logo! On Android just download the Native App form the link.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1-10 Day Two Schedule V2.pdf (57.5 KB, 144 views)
File Type: pdf 1-10 Day Three Schedule V2.pdf (57.3 KB, 95 views)
File Type: pdf 1-10 Day Four Schedule V2.pdf (54.2 KB, 107 views)
File Type: pdf 1-10 Day One Schedule V2.pdf (57.4 KB, 149 views)

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on."

"Id rather die on my feet than live on my knees"

Last edited by FTTim; 09-22-2014 at 05:12 PM.
FTTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:32 AM   #377
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

Thanks for the timetables Tim, so if i've got that correct it's 5 open practices for which we run on what ever practice tyres that we've bought, then it's 3 controlled practices and qualifying / finals to be run on the 11 "controlled" sets??

Also are you able to answer the question on transponders??

Thanks
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:43 AM   #378
Shop Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
Thanks for the timetables Tim, so if i've got that correct it's 5 open practices for which we run on what ever practice tyres that we've bought, then it's 3 controlled practices and qualifying / finals to be run on the 11 "controlled" sets??

Also are you able to answer the question on transponders??

Thanks
Hey Matt,

That's correct. The 5 "Open Practices" are to be run on practice tires that are NOT part of your 11 controlled sets. On Day 2 of 1/10th is when you will begin to use your 11 controlled sets. That would be for P1,P2 and P3.

As far as the transponders go, any two wire or 3 wire (the new MyLaps, AMB standard) transponders will work. We have the newest Updated MyLaps decoder boxes.

Tim

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on."

Old 09-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #379
Tech Master

Thanks Tim. Best break out the old school AMB then!
Old 09-22-2014, 11:06 AM   #380
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTTim View Post
Hey Drivers,

We are quickly approaching the First Start Tone of the 2014 IFMAR Electric On-Road Worlds! Here is the Preliminary Heat Sheet for 1/12th Scale. The 1/10th Scale sheet is being worked on now and I will post it ASAP. I would like to take a second to thank Rick Howart and Mark Stiles for their help.

Tim Caporal
Thanks Tim!

Do you also have updated schedules for the 1/12th portion now that the first half of day one has changed to heat practice? Just checking.

Thanks!

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:28 AM   #381
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey Matt,

That's correct. The 5 "Open Practices" are to be run on practice tires that are NOT part of your 11 controlled sets. On Day 2 of 1/10th is when you will begin to use your 11 controlled sets. That would be for P1,P2 and P3.

As far as the transponders go, any two wire or 3 wire (the new MyLaps, AMB standard) transponders will work. We have the newest Updated MyLaps decoder boxes.

Tim
When can we buy all those tires for control practice? Can we also buy tires for the open practice?

Thanks
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:35 AM   #382
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
Thanks Tim. Best break out the old school AMB then!
Get some MRT clones to the new spec you tightwad
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #383
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

Quote:
Drivers,

Here are the preliminary 1/10th Timetables. Please keep in mind these are subject to some adjustment. We wanted to get these out to everyone ASAP. Knowledge is POWER! Hopefully not too much Power! LOL

Tim

Also all of these files: I.E. Heat sheets, Timetables, etc are being added to our 2014 IFMAR Worlds App this afternoon. You can find the App here:

http://apps.appmakr.com/ifmaristc2014worldchampionship

If you are on Iphone or Windows Phone choose the HTML5 link and save as a Bookmark to your Homescreen. It will save with the WC Logo! On Android just download the Native App form the link.

Thanks Tim for the schedules Makes it much easier to get everything planned out. Seems like a nice, sensible schedule for each day.

Good job also on the heat list for 12th, looking forward to the TC one now too.

Cheers
Oli
Old 09-22-2014, 12:36 PM   #384
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Get some MRT clones to the new spec you tightwad
Hmm, I guess that's an "option".
Old 09-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #385
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just out of curiosity, will the heats change after the initial driver registration/check-in at the beginning of the event, to account for/remove the folks who aren't actually attending? Or do we just run the heats as above until the first re-sort?

Could be pretty nice for those folks who end up with only a handful of cars in their run! I see quite a few names of folks whom I know aren't going to actually be there...

EDIT: I am really asking because I think we might be close to having eight fewer people, which would mean one less heat. I know five people who are no longer attending, last I heard.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:03 PM   #386
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
Just out of curiosity, will the heats change after the initial driver registration/check-in at the beginning of the event, to account for/remove the folks who aren't actually attending? Or do we just run the heats as above until the first re-sort?

Could be pretty nice for those folks who end up with only a handful of cars in their run! I see quite a few names of folks whom I know aren't going to actually be there...

EDIT: I am really asking because I think we might be close to having eight fewer people, which would mean one less heat. I know five people who are no longer attending, last I heard.
It would be great if those that are not attending would let the organizers know so that they can make adjustments now.

As I understand it, the heats are set up for practice only and will be adjusted for qualifying depending on practice times, no-shows, etc. Drivers will be equally distributed among them. If there are enough to eliminate a heat, that heat time will remain in the schedule as extra break time between rounds.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:23 PM   #387
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

This obviously isn't official but it might make some more at ease about the new MRT transponders. I ran at our Nationals at Full Throttle a month or so ago using 2 cars, both with the new style amb and didn't have any problems.

AWD
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:16 PM   #388
Shop Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
It would be great if those that are not attending would let the organizers know so that they can make adjustments now.

As I understand it, the heats are set up for practice only and will be adjusted for qualifying depending on practice times, no-shows, etc. Drivers will be equally distributed among them. If there are enough to eliminate a heat, that heat time will remain in the schedule as extra break time between rounds.
Rick is 100% correct. If ANY HEAT is removed after the start of Qualifying the time will remain in place and the clock will just run. Drivers time things out and the last thing we want to do is have someone not ready because we screwed them out of 11 minutes!

If you know someone who is NOT attending tell them to contact us, IFMAR or ROAR. I have not heard of anyone cancelling as of yet....................

Tim Caporal

2014istcworlds@gmail.com

Old 09-22-2014, 05:30 PM   #389
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
When can we buy all those tires for control practice? Can we also buy tires for the open practice?

Thanks
You can purchase in advance www.superiorhobbies.com they will be available trackside pickup by impound area.
2015 Roar Fuel On Road Nationals,U.S.World Nitro Cup Completed
2016 U.S. World Nitro Cup Dec 7th - Dec 11th
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:38 PM   #390
Tech Apprentice

As per IFMAR WORLDS BYLAWS/RULES 1.8.2 - ALL HEATS SHOULD BE 5 MINS, NOT 6 MINS. So I hope the schedule showing 6 mins is an oversight.

http://www.ifmar.org/pdf/rules/ifmar...track_2014.pdf

Rick W

Last edited by rwang; 09-22-2014 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Content
rwang is offline   Reply With Quote