Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 IFMAR Worlds Full Throttle Raceway at Kissimmee Florida

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

So TC people are bringing their own tires? Seems odd to me with a spec tire and impound but it is what it is. I'd rather buy them there at $30 a set then elsewhere at $35+. I am surprised at people buying 25+ sets, but more power to the folks that can.

Any detail on 12th scale tire procedures as it seems to be a bit of a worry (it is for me as well)?

Also, are the people who are running both 12th and TC, staying near Minnreg Wednesday night and driving to Kissimmee Thursday morning, or driving over Wednesday night?

Is there any pit layout/reservation thing going on for either location?

With the turnouts being less then full, how might the schedule change or will we just end earlier each day? Does that mean practice afterwards then?

Thanks for putting up with my questions.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by orcadigital
So TC people are bringing their own tires? Seems odd to me with a spec tire and impound but it is what it is. I'd rather buy them there at $30 a set then elsewhere at $35+. I am surprised at people buying 25+ sets, but more power to the folks that can.

Any detail on 12th scale tire procedures as it seems to be a bit of a worry (it is for me as well)?

Also, are the people who are running both 12th and TC, staying near Minnreg Wednesday night and driving to Kissimmee Thursday morning, or driving over Wednesday night?

Is there any pit layout/reservation thing going on for either location?

With the turnouts being less then full, how might the schedule change or will we just end earlier each day? Does that mean practice afterwards then?

Thanks for putting up with my questions.
Seem to recall that 1/12 will have an impound which is the only place additive can be applied, but there is no time limit on how long before your race you can apply it (unlike the TC portion)

I'm truing tyres here already so hopefully that'll be fine.

Several of us are driving up Wednesday after finishing the 1/12

No idea on the other questions.

See you there

Skiddins
Old 09-11-2014, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm not going to this race but I'm shocked that they are allowing people to bring their own tires.

What is to stop someone that races for Hot race tires from getting some unmounted tires putting whatever inserts they want in them and gluing them up and putting them in a package?

Don't assume people are not going to cheat.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I have a sneaking suspicion that he was referring to people bringing their own tires for this weekend of practice, not for Worlds. In other words, they have 1600 sets ready, but since people are bringing their own sets now for practice, they can't tell how many sets will be consumed (and thus how many will need to be ordered for Worlds to restock.)

Maybe I am wrong, but this makes a lot more sense than allowing folks to bring their own tires!

EDIT: I am not disagreeing that communication has been horrible for this event, but I think a lot is getting lost via really poorly worded facebook and rctech posts. The facebook post about ordering tires through Superior was absolutely absurd.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

If someone really wanted to cheat then it would be very difficult to stop them doing so, even with the most stringent of rules and procedures. I would hope that the implications that would result from someone and their sponsors being caught would be enough to put them off doing so.

However, you would like to think that reasonable measures had been put in place to make it less blindingly obvious how one would go about being dishonest.

Bringing your own tc tyres to the race - well it's pretty obvious that I could do something to treat them at home or at the hotel, before bringing them to the track as if nothing had been done. If you handout the tyres in tech and not allow them to be removed then it removes all possibility of anyone tampering with them behind closed doors.

1/12 is a more difficult one because most drivers will be coming with pre-cut foam. The only way to do it would have been to insist that tyres were submitted to tech at 'out of the packet' sizes and trued & treated in the impound - like they now do for the big nitro on-road races. It's a bit late to do that now though...
Old 09-11-2014, 11:48 AM
Tech Adept

Mark, we do know each other pretty well, and I do love all the work you in GB!
Imagine you would do a in tech tyre procedure for treatment and truing at the BRCA 1/12 Nats?! Come on....this is big LOL. You would also need a in tech tweak place, tyre drying place, etc...

As you say right, when you start your comment, you can't really prevent people from cheating, thats my experiences for 30 years in this sport too.
So why make a big mess for 2-3 people that might cheat and therefore taking away all other peoples joy? This does not help the sport....even not on WC level. I even think it throws a bad light on the sport...as it only shows how far the effort has become to put a car on the track.

Almost all of the fast guys have entered for this WC.....but on the other hand there is a reason why this field is low. There is plenty! of 1/12 guys in the US, but things like this and other things before that, take away peoples faith in going there. WORD! ;-)

Markus
Old 09-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde
Mark, we do know each other pretty well, and I do love all the work you in GB!
Imagine you would do a in tech tyre procedure for treatment and truing at the BRCA 1/12 Nats?! Come on....this is big LOL. You would also need a in tech tweak place, tyre drying place, etc...

As you say right, when you start your comment, you can't really prevent people from cheating, thats my experiences for 30 years in this sport too.
So why make a big mess for 2-3 people that might cheat and therefore taking away all other peoples joy? This does not help the sport....even not on WC level. I even think it throws a bad light on the sport...as it only shows how far the effort has become to put a car on the track.

Almost all of the fast guys have entered for this WC.....but on the other hand there is a reason why this field is low. There is plenty! of 1/12 guys in the US, but things like this and other things before that, take away peoples faith in going there. WORD! ;-)

Markus
Fully agree!

(wow, did I really just say that to you?!)
Old 09-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

wow....me and Mark have the same opinion on something! ;-)

It really surprises me that not more people bring in their opinion.
Don't people care?! Don't people care this is getting all insane??
Lame...really lame....
Old 09-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GMartinez
After this weekend we will place an additional order but we can't estimate like you are doing when a lot of teams brought in there own Tyres that they purchased from there prepesctive distributor
Thanks George.

So can you clarify that this batch of 1600 is JUST for this weekend's practice, and more will be ordered for the actual event itself? I assume ALL tyres for the Worlds itself (and the practice day) will have to be purchased at the track, and then they will ALL come from the same batch?
Old 09-11-2014, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde
wow....me and Mark have the same opinion on something! ;-)

It really surprises me that not more people bring in their opinion.
Don't people care?! Don't people care this is getting all insane??
Lame...really lame....
Biggest insane item is lack of positive facts from race management, so far most of the comments are speculation. I for one am attending for the fun of it and don't expect that any amount of cheating by anyone will impact my chances to be near the top of the list. I'm just planning on showing up and see what happens. But it should would help to know exactly what to expect.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I'm not going to this race but I'm shocked that they are allowing people to bring their own tires.

What is to stop someone that races for Hot race tires from getting some unmounted tires putting whatever inserts they want in them and gluing them up and putting them in a package?

Don't assume people are not going to cheat.
We can't enforce them to purchase practice tires the only enforcement is tires that will be used for seeding and qualifying which equals to 11 sets per IFMAR has to be purchased trackside or pre order thru official hobby shop
Old 09-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Seem to recall that 1/12 will have an impound which is the only place additive can be applied, but there is no time limit on how long before your race you can apply it (unlike the TC portion)

I'm truing tyres here already so hopefully that'll be fine.

Several of us are driving up Wednesday after finishing the 1/12

No idea on the other questions.

See you there

Skiddins
There is no time limit rule for 1/12 that is only for Tc
Old 09-11-2014, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mark Stiles
If someone really wanted to cheat then it would be very difficult to stop them doing so, even with the most stringent of rules and procedures. I would hope that the implications that would result from someone and their sponsors being caught would be enough to put them off doing so.

However, you would like to think that reasonable measures had been put in place to make it less blindingly obvious how one would go about being dishonest.

Bringing your own tc tyres to the race - well it's pretty obvious that I could do something to treat them at home or at the hotel, before bringing them to the track as if nothing had been done. If you handout the tyres in tech and not allow them to be removed then it removes all possibility of anyone tampering with them behind closed doors.

1/12 is a more difficult one because most drivers will be coming with pre-cut foam. The only way to do it would have been to insist that tyres were submitted to tech at 'out of the packet' sizes and trued & treated in the impound - like they now do for the big nitro on-road races. It's a bit late to do that now though...
We have discussed those issues with the powers to be but there is no rule yet or amendment in place

So don't be surprised that will in fact take its place in future events
Old 09-11-2014, 05:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bigger Brother
Thanks George.

So can you clarify that this batch of 1600 is JUST for this weekend's practice, and more will be ordered for the actual event itself? I assume ALL tyres for the Worlds itself (and the practice day) will have to be purchased at the track, and then they will ALL come from the same batch?
The 1600 in fact is for the worlds
We have separate inventory for this upcoming practice session
We are looking to increase the order an additional 200 sets to play it safe
Old 09-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
I have a sneaking suspicion that he was referring to people bringing their own tires for this weekend of practice, not for Worlds. In other words, they have 1600 sets ready, but since people are bringing their own sets now for practice, they can't tell how many sets will be consumed (and thus how many will need to be ordered for Worlds to restock.)

Maybe I am wrong, but this makes a lot more sense than allowing folks to bring their own tires!

EDIT: I am not disagreeing that communication has been horrible for this event, but I think a lot is getting lost via really poorly worded facebook and rctech posts. The facebook post about ordering tires through Superior was absolutely absurd.
At the pre worlds we had teams bring in there own sets for practice and during practice sessions they used there own sets not what was purchased trackside which equalled close to 500 sets that were purchased elsewhere.
So were trying to avoid that issue insuring everyone is running on the same batch.
This weekend we will work with all the teams to place the practice session order for the worlds to avoid any shortages

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.