R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-07-2014, 07:46 PM   #301
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to FTTim
Default Final IFMAR Entry List

This is the Final Entry list for 1-12th and 1-10th World Championships. Please check the entry list and if you see any errors please let me know ASAP. Also please PM or email me with any missing transponders.

Thanks

Tim Caporal
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1-10th WC Entries Final.pdf (119.1 KB, 365 views)
File Type: pdf 1-12th WC Entries Final.pdf (82.8 KB, 297 views)

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on."

"Id rather die on my feet than live on my knees"
FTTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:32 AM   #302
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anybody know how tire payment for the ISTC portion will be handled? Do we have to show up with cash money? Just trying to get everything lined up.

AWD, I will text you about rental car.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #303
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Booyah. Thanks.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:39 PM   #304
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Tires can be purchased trackside cash or credit card accepted
11sets need to be checked in day of for impound
You will be allowed to purchase additional tires for practice
If you like to pre purchase to avoid lines contact www.superiorhobbies.com
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:56 AM   #305
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Tires can be purchased trackside cash or credit card accepted
11sets need to be checked in day of for impound
You will be allowed to purchase additional tires for practice
If you like to pre purchase to avoid lines contact www.superiorhobbies.com
I thought tires were going to be less expensive at the track? Superior also shows 25 sets in stock...with 100+ drivers looking for ~10 sets each...i don't know.

I have just not heard of people buying a spec tire before hand then bringing them to the track for impound, not for a race of this size. Seems like it would compromise the integrity of impound and spec tires/sauce if people bring their own tires.

Related but difference, will there be any vendors selling tires for the 12th scale portion? I am bringing what I have, but with an open tire, it almost guarantees I will bring the wrong type. I assume no impound for 12th scale tires since they are open?

"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
orcadigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:28 AM   #306
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcadigital View Post
I thought tires were going to be less expensive at the track? Superior also shows 25 sets in stock...with 100+ drivers looking for ~10 sets each...i don't know.

I have just not heard of people buying a spec tire before hand then bringing them to the track for impound, not for a race of this size. Seems like it would compromise the integrity of impound and spec tires/sauce if people bring their own tires.

Related but difference, will there be any vendors selling tires for the 12th scale portion? I am bringing what I have, but with an open tire, it almost guarantees I will bring the wrong type. I assume no impound for 12th scale tires since they are open?
I think what he is saying is that you can pre-order them through Superior by calling/emailing them and the sets you purchase will be ready at the track with your name on them, rather than having to wait in line to purchase them.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
Old 09-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #307
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Mark Stiles

Quote:

You'd have thought that the tyre supplier (Hot Race?) would have been at the track with 1000+ sets of tyres in a van, and that only tyres purchased at the event from that vendor would be allowed? I dunno, maybe I'm being too sensible?

As for 1/12 - it's open tyres but control additive. Not sure how they're going to adequately control that unless they do what the gas classes do; tyres are imponded as new in packets and must be trued/fitted inside the impound. It's probably a bit late to expect everyone to bring new, untrued foam though - I bet many have already cut theirs in preparation for the event.

In any case, if someone really wanted to cheat then they probably could unless it was total lockdown on everything...

BRCA 1/12 Electric Circuit Section Chairman
Mark Stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:02 AM   #308
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Stiles View Post
You'd have thought that the tyre supplier (Hot Race?) would have been at the track with 1000+ sets of tyres in a van, and that only tyres purchased at the event from that vendor would be allowed? I dunno, maybe I'm being too sensible?

As for 1/12 - it's open tyres but control additive. Not sure how they're going to adequately control that unless they do what the gas classes do; tyres are imponded as new in packets and must be trued/fitted inside the impound. It's probably a bit late to expect everyone to bring new, untrued foam though - I bet many have already cut theirs in preparation for the event.

In any case, if someone really wanted to cheat then they probably could unless it was total lockdown on everything...
Frank Mostrey posted on facebook that there will be a specific area for applying tire compound in 12th scale, with tire compound not allowed outside of that area. Sounds exactly like what we did at IIC last year. Markus had some interesting comments about how he thought the tires would need to be impounded in tech once compound was applied, but Frank didn't outright state that in his update. (I think you even commented on that facebook thread; it was pretty volatile!)

Either way, if they are going to make it more stringent (ala your comments re: impounding new sets) we really need to know before we all start truing sets down to get ready!

Old 09-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #309
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL That is all.

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #310
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Stiles View Post

That is sort of what I pictured for TC. Last time we had a spec tire at a regional race, it was just a box full of premounts and we grabbed multiples of 4 and paid our money. No packaging or anything.

Yeah I didn't consider the compound piece. Hmm, most of my tires are not cut, but some sets are. Guess we need to find out what is going to be the plan soon in case I need to rethink all the foam tires I have hoarded. As I tend to sauce foam tires well in advance of my runs (10-15min usually, and could be totally wrong, just what works for me), if that is not going to be an option, that would be good to know. Also how will cleaning work for 12th scale if tires are in impound? I have never tried cleaning a foam tire with compound like I would with a TC tire. I usually use motor spray and a stiff brush.

"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
orcadigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:48 PM   #311
Tech Champion

Quote:

Tires cost is $30 there are 1600 sets on the way there is currently over 150 sets in inventory some are at trackside for this weekend practice session
There will be a hobby shop In both locations

Last edited by GMartinez; 09-10-2014 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:11 AM   #312
Tech Adept

Cooooool! Good I cutted most of Jilles and my tyres for 1/12 already.
This is getting insane....really!

Like I said on fb, GLC smells like crazy....so its easy to spot. Further I tested two days with that stuff, its good, I think none real non smelling stuff can outpace it, so actually you would need Paragon or Turbotyre to get a profit on GLC. And that you can easy spot as well.....

Later!
Markus

--------12scale addicted---------
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:17 AM   #313
Tech Adept

Further.........if everything needs to be done in tech, get 10 tweak stations there ;-)

Cutted 1/12 tyres are never the same...there is always a tenth in there...so even if you have a set in the pits to tweak, it will be untweaked on track.

--------12scale addicted---------
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:49 AM   #314
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Tires cost is $30 there are 1600 sets on the way there is currently over 150 sets in inventory some are at trackside for this weekend practice session
There will be a hobby shop In both locations
1600 sets doesn't sound like enough! There's 107 drivers on the entry list. That works out to less than 15 sets per driver. If everyone has 11 for Controlled practice, qualifying and finals, that's less than 4 extra sets each. Given there's a whole day of practice on top of that, and a practice run each morning, I'd expect most (certainly everyone in the top 30!) will be looking to buy another 10+ sets each.

Especially if there's a practice session this weekend too which will deplete that stock. I'd have thought well over 2000 sets are going to be needed for the race plus this week's test......
Old 09-11-2014, 05:06 AM   #315
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigger Brother View Post
1600 sets doesn't sound like enough! There's 107 drivers on the entry list. That works out to less than 15 sets per driver. If everyone has 11 for Controlled practice, qualifying and finals, that's less than 4 extra sets each. Given there's a whole day of practice on top of that, and a practice run each morning, I'd expect most (certainly everyone in the top 30!) will be looking to buy another 10+ sets each.

Especially if there's a practice session this weekend too which will deplete that stock. I'd have thought well over 2000 sets are going to be needed for the race plus this week's test......
After this weekend we will place an additional order but we can't estimate like you are doing when a lot of teams brought in there own Tyres that they purchased from there prepesctive distributor