R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-15-2014, 04:04 AM   #271
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

I need to get onto it over the weekend, although been saying that for a while now!
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:33 PM   #272
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayaustin View Post
A lot of people stayed at the satisfaction and so did we. I'd say about 50% of everyone at Nats stayed there. It was awesome. Everybody liked it. Didn't hear any complaints
+1 The best no complaints at all & close to everything needed
kmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:48 PM   #273
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Stiles View Post
Flights: Booked
Car Hire: Booked
Tampa Hotel: Booked
Kissimmee Hotel: TBC

What's the latest thinking on hotels in Kissimmee? I'm not racing tc but will be in the Kissimmee/Orlando area for a couple of days after the 1/12 event before flying home from Orlando on the Saturday evening (11th).

I see the Ramada hotel originally specified as the 'official hotel' does not appear in the Stage 2 report. Instead there's a ParkInn Radisson listed, but to be honest that doesn't look particularly appealing either, even if it is cheap-ish.

I'm happy to pay a little more for something nice, but it's pointless doing so if there won't be any other RC-ers there to share a beer and a few RC tales with in the evening.
Mark,

I belive that Ramada is now the Park Inn Radisson and its the same hotel that the Snowbirds are held at now. That hotel is not bad at all if its the same one. George will be able to verify for sure But I do know that the hotel the birds is at is a Park Inn by radison.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:03 AM   #274
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Mark,

I belive that Ramada is now the Park Inn Radisson and its the same hotel that the Snowbirds are held at now. That hotel is not bad at all if its the same one. George will be able to verify for sure But I do know that the hotel the birds is at is a Park Inn by radison.

EA
that is correct eric the park inn raddison is the same hotel that host the Snowbirds price per night $79
The new hotel were using is satisfaction Orlando Resort $69 a night really clean and the rooms are really nice
were not using the Ramada anymore the service n conditions have gotten really bad
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:05 AM   #275
Tech Champion

FYI http://dialedntv.com will be attending both portions and will be doing live interviews
There will be a on site media area
Old 08-24-2014, 10:19 AM   #276
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
FYI http://dialedntv.com will be attending both portions and will be doing live interviews
There will be a on site media area
This RC show addresses all of the industries real concerns. Driver's interviews of the first top three finishers in all A mains. RC product manufacturers interviews such as US Director of Distribution Mr. John Lee of Sweep Tires, Steve Hartson, Paul Lemieux, Andrew Napp. Josh Cyrul. Boy! Just simply great stuff. Can't wait to see what The RC Guru has next!!!
Braincell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:32 PM   #277
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braincell2 View Post
This RC show addresses all of the industries real concerns. Driver's interviews of the first top three finishers in all A mains. RC product manufacturers interviews such as US Director of Distribution Mr. John Lee of Sweep Tires, Steve Hartson, Paul Lemieux, Andrew Napp. Josh Cyrul. Boy! Just simply great stuff. Can't wait to see what The RC Guru has next!!!
He will be busy at the event with a line up of interviews were glad to have the Guru in attendance
Old 08-26-2014, 05:40 PM   #278
Tech Adept

Wow! That's wonderful. I saw one of my friends Paolo in a post race interview on TV one evening. It's good to see someone taking a serious interest in our sport of RC racing!
Old 08-31-2014, 10:53 PM   #279
Tech Adept

Default SEEKING JAPANESE TRANSLATOR

Hi, we are seeking a local Orlando Florida residence that is available for hire to be a go between Jspanese and American translator. Please forward prospects to this phone number (215)313-3835 thank you!
Old 09-01-2014, 08:59 AM   #280
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I saw TONS of them at EPCOT.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #281
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braincell2 View Post
Hi, we are seeking a local Orlando Florida residence that is available for hire to be a go between Jspanese and American translator. Please forward prospects to this phone number (215)313-3835 thank you!
I'm not 100% sure but try a google search orlando translator services
Old 09-04-2014, 12:52 AM   #282
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Mark Stiles

I am a little disappointed by the amount of information that is available for this event.

- The website barely makes any mention of the 1/12 event and hasn't actually been updated since the 2nd February. If I take a glancing look then I would be led to believe that the tc track has just had fresh tarmac laid and there are no track markings. I would also think that 1/12 was using control tyres.

- The last 'official' correspondance or announcement I can see anywhere on the IFMAR, ROAR or host websites is the Stage 2 report, created on 23rd June.

- Does the event have any sponsors? I heard on the grape vine that Trinity are the title sponsor. If I were Trinity I would so far have been very disappointed by the level of return on my investment. I have not seen a single document with their logo on it!

- Only one hotel has been specified/recommended in the Stage 2 report. I'm pretty sure there must be more than 1 half decent hotel in the area of each event. In fact according to Tripadvisor there are nearly 200 in and around Kissimmee/Orlando.

- Where can I view an entry list?

- Is LGC definitely the control additive for 1/12?

- What carpet will be used for 1/12? Is it new?

Nobody is talking about what should be the worlds biggest electric on-road race event. There's nothing on Facebook either which baffles me given the potential reach of that website! It's 1 month away and there's no buzz, no enthusiasm.

I remain optimistic that I will have a good time in Florida when I come, but I really hope the 1/12 portion that I will be competitng in has someone involved who knows how to build a 1/12 track and run a race meeting. Otherwise it'll have been a whole load of money for a sub-standard event.

I'm not blaming anyone in particular here; I think it's a poor show in general by IFMAR, ROAR and everyone involved... and people wonder why the popularity of IFMAR sanctioned electric on-road events has been on a steady decline for the last 10-15 years?

BRCA 1/12 Electric Circuit Section Chairman
Mark Stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:10 AM   #283
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

+1, As an Aussie travelling by myself the lack of information is definitely making it hard to book everything. Nonetheless im looking forward to my first world's.

Anyone wanting to share car hire/hotel for the 1/12 worlds? Being 22 car hire will be super expensive

Antoni

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:41 AM   #284
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Mark Stiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3 View Post
+1, As an Aussie travelling by myself the lack of information is definitely making it hard to book everything. Nonetheless im looking forward to my first world's.

Anyone wanting to share car hire/hotel for the 1/12 worlds? Being 22 car hire will be super expensive

Antoni
PM me fella - I might be able to help.

BRCA 1/12 Electric Circuit Section Chairman
Mark Stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:05 PM   #285
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to FTTim
Default Answer Some Questions, INFO For All Drivers

Hello Drivers,

A little over a month away until the first tone of the the 2014 ISTC IFMAR Worlds in Largo and Kissimmee, Florida. A few weeks ago an email was sent out to ALL of the drivers requesting "headshots" from anyone attending the 1/12th or 1/10th portion of the race. This email also contained information regarding hotel and airport codes. If you did NOT recieve this email then more than likely the email address you signed up with was not entered correctly into the entry database. (I copied and pasted them directly). Simply email me at [email protected] and I will get the info right out to you.

Also we have created a application for the worlds that will be updated up to and during the Worlds with alot of great info! Weather, Photos, Videos, Rules, A Messenger App built in, Directions, Direct Links to the LiveRC Stream, Etc. If you are on Iphone you simply go to this website

http://apps.appmakr.com/ifmaristc2014worldchampionship

and click on the HTML5 link. Save the link to your main screen and your set. On Android go to the above address and select the "Native Android APP" and it will download the app straight to your Phone!

On to some of the questions that have been posted....(I have some answers but not all!!! Don't shoot the messenger! Just trying to help!!)

1. LGC is the official traction compound of 1/12.

2. SXT is the official compound of 1/10.

3. Trinity / Epic is the Title Sponsor of the Event. We would like to thank Ernie Provetti for his continued support.

4. Primary Sponsors of the event are Team CRC, LRP, Hobbywing, Hot Race Tyres.

5. Associate Sponsors of the event are Pro Spec, Speed Energy, RC Scoring Pro, Waigo Hobby, SXT, LiveTime, LiveRC, Gravity R/C, Superior Hobbies, KO Propo.

6. There are many other hotels in the immediate area of both tracks.

Here is a link for Hotels near the track in Kissimmee (Over 200 Come UP!!!)
http://www.travelocity.com/Hotel-Sea...ate=10/12/2014

Here is a link for the 1/12th scale portion in Largo (Over 150!)
http://www.travelocity.com/Hotel-Sea...rt=mostPopular

7. I have attached the most recent IFMAR Rules for your browsing pleasure!

8. I will find out from the POWERS THAT BE ABOVE ME if I can release the entry list.

I Look Forward to Seeing Everyone and Hope Everyone Has Safe Travels,

Tim Caporal
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ifmar_wc_electric_track_2014.pdf (302.1 KB, 98 views)

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on."

"Id rather die on my feet than live on my knees"

Last edited by FTTim; 09-04-2014 at 01:07 PM. Reason: My Spelling is BAD!
FTTim is offline   Reply With Quote