R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2014, 09:12 AM   #196
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Mike the 1/12th will be Monday October 6 Registration pit set up practice
Ending October 8th
touring will be Thursday October 9th Registration pit setup practice
More info on the timetables will be listed in the stage 2 report that is being worked on
2012 Worlds schedule for reference:

1/12
Day 1
Class Registration
Opening Ceremony

Day 2
Controlled practice
One (1) round of qualifying

Day 3
Five (5) rounds of qualifying

Day 4
Unofficial practice in heat order and Finals
Price giving ceremony / buffet

ISTC
Day 5
Class Registration
Opening Ceremony

Day 6
Controlled practice
One (1) round of qualifying

Day 7
Five (5) rounds of qualifying

Day 8
Unofficial practice in heat order and Finals
Price giving ceremony / Banquet in the evening

I am pretty sure all mains were triple mains for both classes.
__________________
www.reedypower.com
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:04 PM   #197
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,655
Default

The dates are 6th-12th. So where is the 8th day coming from?
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:18 PM   #198
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
The dates are 6th-12th. So where is the 8th day coming from?
There is no 8th day this time around. That is where I think there is going to be a problem.

The registration/opening ceremony days can be quite hectic with setting up pits, truing and dealing with control tires, making sure cars comply with tech, etc. Eliminating a day would be problematic for the races and the organizers.
__________________
www.reedypower.com
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:45 PM   #199
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
There is no 8th day this time around. That is where I think there is going to be a problem.

The registration/opening ceremony days can be quite hectic with setting up pits, truing and dealing with control tires, making sure cars comply with tech, etc. Eliminating a day would be problematic for the races and the organizers.
Maybe I'm having a stupid moment (wouldn't be the first ), If there's 4 days for each class (according to that schedule), the two competitions run consecutively, and only 7 days for the entire worlds, err what's going on as I'm confused?

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #200
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,072
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Maybe I'm having a stupid moment (wouldn't be the first ), If there's 4 days for each class (according to that schedule), the two competitions run consecutively, and only 7 days for the entire worlds, err what's going on as I'm confused?

Skiddins
1/12 is 3 days
Tc is 4 days
There was no day off given for travel which was requested but denied
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:03 AM   #201
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
1/12 is 3 days
Tc is 4 days
There was no day off given for travel which was requested but denied
So registration and Opening Ceremony is actually one day for both classes.
So on that schedule, Day 1 (1/12) and Day 5 (TC) are in fact on the same day?
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:36 AM   #202
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: England
Posts: 417
Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother
Default

Would someone be able to post up a definitive schedule for the event please? Obviously I know that may well be subject to changes dependant on the final entry numbers, but for those of us planning travel etc it would make it a lot easier to know exactly what is happening on each day!

Thanks
Oli
__________________
Oli Meggitt | London, UK
.:. Essex Winter Series .:. CML Racing .:. ToniSport .:. Zen Racing .:. Moorespeed RC .:. OTM Racing .:. RC Racing TV .:. RIDE R/C Scoreboards
Bigger Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:38 AM   #203
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 211
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
So registration and Opening Ceremony is actually one day for both classes.
So on that schedule, Day 1 (1/12) and Day 5 (TC) are in fact on the same day?
I would guess day 4 and 5 are the same.
thejo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:52 AM   #204
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 435
Default

Don't make the mistake of thinking the opening ceremony will actually happen before racing starts lol.
cyclonetog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:06 PM   #205
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: England
Posts: 417
Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigger Brother View Post
Would someone be able to post up a definitive schedule for the event please? Obviously I know that may well be subject to changes dependant on the final entry numbers, but for those of us planning travel etc it would make it a lot easier to know exactly what is happening on each day!

Thanks
Oli
I think I managed to answer my own question!

The IFMAR Rule Book (http://ifmar.org/pdf/rules/ifmar_wc_...track_2014.pdf), page 3, has an "endorsed timetable". This would suggest:
Day 1 - 1:12th Practice
Day 2 - Morning practice, 4 qualifiers
Day 3 - Morning practice, 2 qualifiers, Mains (2 leg lower, triple + practice A mains)
Day 4 - TC Practice
Day 5 - Controlled Practice, 1 qualifier
Day 6 - Morning practice, 4 qualifiers
Day 7 - Morning practice, 1 qualifier, Mains (2 leg lower, triple + practice A mains)

That's working on the basis of a 10 heat entry for 12th scale and 15 heats for TC, which from the numbers I've seen so far won't be anywhere close, so I guess that may be amended slightly?

Note, that's just my interpretation, I await someone from the host club to confirm!
__________________
Oli Meggitt | London, UK
.:. Essex Winter Series .:. CML Racing .:. ToniSport .:. Zen Racing .:. Moorespeed RC .:. OTM Racing .:. RC Racing TV .:. RIDE R/C Scoreboards
Bigger Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:42 PM   #206
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigger Brother View Post
I think I managed to answer my own question!

The IFMAR Rule Book (http://ifmar.org/pdf/rules/ifmar_wc_...track_2014.pdf), page 3, has an "endorsed timetable". This would suggest:
Day 1 - 1:12th Practice
Day 2 - Morning practice, 4 qualifiers
Day 3 - Morning practice, 2 qualifiers, Mains (2 leg lower, triple + practice A mains)
Day 4 - TC Practice
Day 5 - Controlled Practice, 1 qualifier
Day 6 - Morning practice, 4 qualifiers
Day 7 - Morning practice, 1 qualifier, Mains (2 leg lower, triple + practice A mains)

That's working on the basis of a 10 heat entry for 12th scale and 15 heats for TC, which from the numbers I've seen so far won't be anywhere close, so I guess that may be amended slightly?

Note, that's just my interpretation, I await someone from the host club to confirm!
Any idea what sort of numbers we're looking at (total)?
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:55 PM   #207
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,072
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigger Brother View Post
I think I managed to answer my own question!

The IFMAR Rule Book (http://ifmar.org/pdf/rules/ifmar_wc_...track_2014.pdf), page 3, has an "endorsed timetable". This would suggest:
Day 1 - 1:12th Practice
Day 2 - Morning practice, 4 qualifiers
Day 3 - Morning practice, 2 qualifiers, Mains (2 leg lower, triple + practice A mains)
Day 4 - TC Practice
Day 5 - Controlled Practice, 1 qualifier
Day 6 - Morning practice, 4 qualifiers
Day 7 - Morning practice, 1 qualifier, Mains (2 leg lower, triple + practice A mains)

That's working on the basis of a 10 heat entry for 12th scale and 15 heats for TC, which from the numbers I've seen so far won't be anywhere close, so I guess that may be amended slightly?

Note, that's just my interpretation, I await someone from the host club to confirm!
we got approval for October 5th Sunday for Driver check in Pit set up
this will help out Day 1 October 6th as day 1
early # for 1/12th were at 52 so far
I did not get any info on touring yet
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:14 PM   #208
Tech Regular
 
Adam B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Detroit, Mi
Posts: 411
Default

This can change people flight plans and so forth. Hopefully you get a time that the track will be open for set up.
__________________
Franchise Racing Products * Fantom Racing * Pro One R/C Tires * RC America/Xray * Discount R/C Store * F1 R/C Lab * NORCAR @ The Gate
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:37 AM   #209
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: England
Posts: 417
Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
we got approval for October 5th Sunday for Driver check in Pit set up
this will help out Day 1 October 6th as day 1
early # for 1/12th were at 52 so far
I did not get any info on touring yet
For the 2012 event in the Netherlands, the 1:12th scale event was Sunday-Monday-Tuesday, and the TC event was Wednesday-Thursday-Friday-Saturday, meaning Sunday was the travel home day.

Are you saying for 2014, the finals day of the TC event will now be Sunday? That would massively change travel plans for people I think!
__________________
Oli Meggitt | London, UK
.:. Essex Winter Series .:. CML Racing .:. ToniSport .:. Zen Racing .:. Moorespeed RC .:. OTM Racing .:. RC Racing TV .:. RIDE R/C Scoreboards
Bigger Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:49 AM   #210
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 211
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Not if they are just planning to carpool up to Las Vegas for the IIC event !
thejo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:03 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net