R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #106
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 15
Default

Even if you look closely you will see that more often use the spool,
Differ very useful option, but I believe that it would be correct to buy a spool version and buy the differential as an option.
Viktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:07 AM   #107
Tech Initiate
 
Sandy Iavazzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 22
Default

At the last ets race Ronald Volker was using a diff in the front of his car. Its a hard one to say there is no yes or no answer it is what's best suited to the driver and the track on the day I think the best way to go is with the spool kit as the front drive shafts work with both a spool and a diff .
__________________
Team Magic| Lee Speed | Reedy | Ryan Dezign | Bezerk carbon |
Sandy Iavazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #108
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monthey - Switzerland
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Iavazzo View Post
At the last ets race Ronald Volker was using a diff in the front of his car. Its a hard one to say there is no yes or no answer it is what's best suited to the driver and the track on the day I think the best way to go is with the spool kit as the front drive shafts work with both a spool and a diff .
Exactly.

The value of Spool + Diff is higher to upgrade a two diff version kit, than the cost of a second kit for a spool version kit.

So, my recommendation is to go with the spool version. Two diff version is more interesting as second car, for people who takes 1 as spare parts.
__________________
www.teammagicrc.net / www.hrcdistribution.com
RC Infos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:56 AM   #109
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 195
Default

Spool vs Diff, well you could go on forever, both are wicked tuning aids, the Spool will give you wicked corner exit power, and is really good for an aggressive driver, once you are hooked into the turn, you can put the hammer down and power through the turn and the rear will follow. The diff will allow for more front rotation and is great if you need some more initial turn in or the track conditions are making the car Push at corner entry, but if you try and hammer the throttle too early you can over steer quite abruptly. So each to their own really.
B.C.Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:25 AM   #110
Tech Apprentice
 
ckracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 60
Default

Today we raced at tftr in Melbourne and the cars where fantastic and so fast team magic myself and sandy 2 fastest cars out there!
I am starting to like this car more and more every time I drive it.
We tried different set ups every run and I love how this car responds to setup change.
__________________
<> TEAM MAGIC <> TEAM POWERS <>
ckracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:16 AM   #111
Tech Addict
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 3rd outing this car is awesome

The rain decided to give us a small break, so we ran in the night under the lights. The format was just heads up racing. I used this opportunity to test setups by shortening the links and I definitely agree the car does respond well to small changes. As a bonus I decided to loan the top drivers a heat to compare against their cars. I returned the car to box stock except diff up front 2.5million cst oil. All except one bettered their time. I have a few believers now

I changed motors and had a difficult time fitting the gears on and aligned.
Anyone expierenced this?

Can't wait to run again
Tino
__________________
TEAM MAGIC "making my competition disappear"
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:42 AM   #112
Tech Apprentice
 
ckracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickd122 View Post
The rain decided to give us a small break, so we ran in the night under the lights. The format was just heads up racing. I used this opportunity to test setups by shortening the links and I definitely agree the car does respond well to small changes. As a bonus I decided to loan the top drivers a heat to compare against their cars. I returned the car to box stock except diff up front 2.5million cst oil. All except one bettered their time. I have a few believers now

I changed motors and had a difficult time fitting the gears on and aligned.
Anyone expierenced this?

Can't wait to run again
Tino
This can be a problem with some motors on a lot of newer cars because the motors are very close in to centreline of car and a lot of motors don't have a big enough flat spot to put on pinion!! So It is common with most new cars yes..
But also the advantage with this car as say against xray is that u can move the motor mount in and out witch is 1 thing I really love as opposed to xray and tamiya and cars like that u would need to use other ways to shim the motor not the motor mount..
So also make sure u read manual correct and and have right amount of shims so its not on an angle if that's also your problem??
__________________
<> TEAM MAGIC <> TEAM POWERS <>
ckracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #113
Tech Addict
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckracer View Post
This can be a problem with some motors on a lot of newer cars because the motors are very close in to centreline of car and a lot of motors don't have a big enough flat spot to put on pinion!! So It is common with most new cars yes..
But also the advantage with this car as say against xray is that u can move the motor mount in and out witch is 1 thing I really love as opposed to xray and tamiya and cars like that u would need to use other ways to shim the motor not the motor mount..
So also make sure u read manual correct and and have right amount of shims so its not on an angle if that's also your problem??
Thanks. Without shims on the layshaft side and 1mm on the motormount it's very close almost passing the flat spot. This is with a any of the trinity motors. I see in your sig you are using the team powers motors. How do u have it shimmed?
__________________
TEAM MAGIC "making my competition disappear"
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #114
Tech Addict
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Duplicate
__________________
TEAM MAGIC "making my competition disappear"
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #115
Tech Apprentice
 
ckracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickd122 View Post
Thanks. Without shims on the layshaft side and 1mm on the motormount it's very close almost passing the flat spot. This is with a any of the trinity motors. I see in your sig you are using the team powers motors. How do u have it shimmed?
I run mine the same its standard.
What I do is dremmil a longer flat spot on the rotor where the pinion goes on if u look at a reedy motor its flat spot goes all the way to base of motor I'm sure more motor companies will start doing longer flat spot soon ill put a picture up when I am home for u to see
__________________
<> TEAM MAGIC <> TEAM POWERS <>
ckracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #116
Tech Apprentice
 
ckracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 60
Default

Here Is pics I said I would put up from what I and a lot of guys have to do with there motors its not the neatest job but it works
If u see 1 motors flat spot been taken closest to case I can get it
Attached Thumbnails
NEW Team Magic E4RS II EVO-screenshot_2013-07-29-12-21-20.jpg  
__________________
<> TEAM MAGIC <> TEAM POWERS <>
ckracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #117
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 503
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default For Sale

Dear all:

I have a brand new Team Magic RSIIEVO for sale within USA.

F/S Brand New Team Magic E4rsII EVO 1/10 touring car

Thanks
Best Regards
MK
__________________
MAP Paints. 1-800-call-MAP. WWW.MAP-PAINT-4-FREE.COM
monokenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:59 AM   #118
Tech Addict
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckracer View Post
Here Is pics I said I would put up from what I and a lot of guys have to do with there motors its not the neatest job but it works
If u see 1 motors flat spot been taken closest to case I can get it
Nice, what I was doing was flipping the pinion gear around so the bottom would face the tip of the motor
__________________
TEAM MAGIC "making my competition disappear"
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:05 AM   #119
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 15
Default

By the way, who and what set of springs used? collecting information for my thoughts.
Viktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #120
Tech Addict
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
By the way, who and what set of springs used? collecting information for my thoughts.
Where I race the stock springs do the trick. I do always have my hotbodies silvers always. I have yet to need them
__________________
TEAM MAGIC "making my competition disappear"
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:10 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net