R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #196
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 852
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Servo linkage

So I am finally getting around to putting my electronics in and have a question about the Servo linkage.

So, is there a certain length that the linkage should be? Or maybe I should be more concerned with the angle of the servo horn. Like should it be perfectly vertical at center steering or at an angle?

thanks for any help you can give.
rodneybarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #197
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,338
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneybarrett View Post
So I am finally getting around to putting my electronics in and have a question about the Servo linkage.

So, is there a certain length that the linkage should be? Or maybe I should be more concerned with the angle of the servo horn. Like should it be perfectly vertical at center steering or at an angle?

thanks for any help you can give.
I don't think it's possible to have it on an angle based on how long the ballcups are, just have them vertical.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #198
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monthey - Switzerland
Posts: 178
Default

Hello

You have to visualize a line between the two pivot ball of the servo turnbuckles, and to place the servo arm @ 90° of this line.
__________________
www.teammagicrc.net / www.hrcdistribution.com
RC Infos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:51 AM   #199
Tech Fanatic
 
Robertcooper88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Loxahatchee
Posts: 802
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarim5 View Post
Awesome, what version you got?? spool or Diff??

I got 2 spool kits.
__________________
DischargeRC.com - Race-Opts MTS T2 - TRINITY FOR POWER
Robertcooper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #200
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monthey - Switzerland
Posts: 178
Default

Hello Everybody

Great results this week-end for the EVO:

French National Ligues Cup (not french championship, the french national ligues cup is a 1-day race, with all the regional ligues champions) - 13.5 category:
1. Patrice Carpano – Team Magic E4RS II EVO / K Factory
2. Émilie Cruz – Team Magic E4RS II EVO / K Factory
3. Antoine Verdan - Team Magic E4RS II EVO / K Factory

-----------------------------------
Swiss National Championship Round 4 ProStock:
1. Maurice Lüscher
2. Simon Allemann – Team Magic E4RS II EVO / K Factory / Reedy / HRC
3. Roland Kupper
4. Beni Stutz
5. Noah Asendorf
6. Boris Siladi
7. Markus Heubi
8. Jordy Dubuis - Team Magic E4RS II EVO / K Factory / Reedy / HRC
9. Jérôme Meile
10. Daniel Koch

With this 2nd place, Simon Allemann is 2013 SWISS CHAMPION, two national titles in a row (2012/2013) with Team Magic.



In Modified Category, very bad luck for Michele Manzo who dominates the round 2 and 3 of the finales... but only finish 4th because he forgot his transponder on his rain car after final one under rain... he stoped final 2 while he was leader without time, and won the 3rd final with one lap more than the second driver Mario Rigert, multiple Swiss Champion. The EVO was simply awesome during the week-end ! At Least, Michele won the Junior classification (he is 15 year old).
__________________
www.teammagicrc.net / www.hrcdistribution.com

Last edited by RC Infos; 08-26-2013 at 07:28 AM.
RC Infos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #201
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Infos View Post
Hello Everybody

Great results this week-end for the EVO:

French National Ligues Cup (not french championship, the french national ligues cup is a 1-day race, with all the regional ligues champions) - 13.5 category:
1. Patrice Carpano – Team Magic E4RS II EVO / K Factory
2. Émilie Cruz – Team Magic E4RS II EVO / K Factory
3. Antoine Verdan - Team Magic E4RS II EVO / K Factory

-----------------------------------
Swiss National Championship Round 4 ProStock:
1. Maurice Lüscher
2. Simon Allemann – Team Magic E4RS II EVO / K Factory / Reedy / HRC
3. Roland Kupper
4. Beni Stutz
5. Noah Asendorf
6. Boris Siladi
7. Markus Heubi
8. Jordy Dubuis - Team Magic E4RS II EVO / K Factory / Reedy / HRC
9. Jérôme Meile
10. Daniel Koch

With this 2nd place, Simon Allemann is 2013 SWISS CHAMPION, two national titles in a row (2012/2013) with Team Magic.



In Modified Category, very bad luck for Michele Manzo who dominates the round 2 and 3 of the finales... but only finish 4th because he forgot his transponder on his rain car after final one under rain... he stoped final 2 while he was leader without time, and won the 3rd final with one lap more than the second driver Mario Rigert, multiple Swiss Champion. The EVO was simply awesome during the week-end ! At Least, Michele won the Junior classification (he is 15 year old).

Wow, fantastic, EVO had triple-wins on the contest and completely dominated the game. nice nice..
__________________
Tim M3
ferrarim5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:30 AM   #202
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 852
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Infos View Post
Hello

You have to visualize a line between the two pivot ball of the servo turnbuckles, and to place the servo arm @ 90° of this line.


Ah, after reading this at least 100 times, I think I finally get it. So, said differently, the angle between the the turnbuckle and the servo horn needs to be 90 degrees. Maybe something like the very crude drawing attached.
Attached Thumbnails
NEW Team Magic E4RS II EVO-servo-horn.jpg  
rodneybarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #203
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monthey - Switzerland
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneybarrett View Post
Ah, after reading this at least 100 times, I think I finally get it. So, said differently, the angle between the the turnbuckle and the servo horn needs to be 90 degrees. Maybe something like the very crude drawing attached.
Exactly, but don't refer to the tunrbuckle, but on the line between the 2 pivot balls, as the turnbuckle angle is modified by the special excentered ball cup.

It's a little bit different ^^

__________________
www.teammagicrc.net / www.hrcdistribution.com
RC Infos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:55 AM   #204
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 852
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Infos View Post
Exactly, but don't refer to the tunrbuckle, but on the line between the 2 pivot balls, as the turnbuckle angle is modified by the special excentered ball cup.

It's a little bit different ^^

gotcha. thanks.
rodneybarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #205
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Port jervis, ny
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Hi what pinion and spur should I run on my e4rs? Larger track running a 10.5 brushless some help would be nice idk were to start its 64 pitch running foam tires cut to 61 mm
Jeepgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #206
Tech Apprentice
 
ckracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 60
Default

Team magic 1st and 5th @ South Australian titles
The car was amazing all weekend on this super high traction indoor asphalt track and most of the drivers had never been on a track with this much grip,I had so much fun driving all weekend.
T
I want to thank TM and all the guys there for there great support they are a great bunch of guys and they have built an amazing car!!

MODIFIED A-MAIN
1st - Sandy Iavasso (TM)
2nd - Ryan Maker (VBC)
3rd - Jordan Cullis (YOK)
4th - Ashley Freshman(YOK)
5th - Chris Kyriacou (TM)
6th - Darrel khemlani (AE)
7th - Thomas Denardis (TAM)
8th - Antoni Caretti (XRAY)
9th - Justin Vagunst ( TAM)
10th - Nathan Reese (XRAY)
__________________
<> TEAM MAGIC <> TEAM POWERS <>
ckracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:49 AM   #207
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monthey - Switzerland
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckracer View Post
Team magic 1st and 5th @ South Australian titles
The car was amazing all weekend on this super high traction indoor asphalt track and most of the drivers had never been on a track with this much grip,I had so much fun driving all weekend.
T
I want to thank TM and all the guys there for there great support they are a great bunch of guys and they have built an amazing car!!

MODIFIED A-MAIN
1st - Sandy Iavasso (TM)
2nd - Ryan Maker (VBC)
3rd - Jordan Cullis (YOK)
4th - Ashley Freshman(YOK)
5th - Chris Kyriacou (TM)
6th - Darrel khemlani (AE)
7th - Thomas Denardis (TAM)
8th - Antoni Caretti (XRAY)
9th - Justin Vagunst ( TAM)
10th - Nathan Reese (XRAY)
Great !! Congratulations to Sandy and Chris
__________________
www.teammagicrc.net / www.hrcdistribution.com
RC Infos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:17 AM   #208
Tech Regular
 
rc world depot's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 253
Default Team Magic T shirt Design

what do you think
Attached Thumbnails
NEW Team Magic E4RS II EVO-1408341547-back.jpg  
rc world depot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #209
Tech Regular
 
rc world depot's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 253
Default ROAR REgion 1 regionals

Posted roll call yesterday on the rc tech forum up to 30 sign ups so far!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
NEW Team Magic E4RS II EVO-roar-flyer-reg1.png  

Last edited by rc world depot; 09-04-2013 at 11:29 AM.
rc world depot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:57 AM   #210
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Team magic 1st and 5th @ South Australian titles
The car was amazing all weekend on this super high traction indoor asphalt track and most of the drivers had never been on a track with this much grip,I had so much fun driving all weekend.
T
I want to thank TM and all the guys there for there great support they are a great bunch of guys and they have built an amazing car!!

MODIFIED A-MAIN
1st - Sandy Iavasso (TM)
2nd - Ryan Maker (VBC)
3rd - Jordan Cullis (YOK)
4th - Ashley Freshman(YOK)
5th - Chris Kyriacou (TM)
6th - Darrel khemlani (AE)
7th - Thomas Denardis (TAM)
8th - Antoni Caretti (XRAY)
9th - Justin Vagunst ( TAM)
10th - Nathan Reese (XRAY)
Congratulations Sandy, good job!)

More information on the race Sandy I found here:
www/redrc/net
Viktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:19 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net