Which car

Old 05-21-2013, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Which car

Looking to get into mod touring. Havent driven onroad since the tc3 was released. Im looking for a cheap car to mainly club race on a decent paved outdoor track and parking lot racing. Occasional bigger races.

Found 3 cheap cars local

Losi jrxs
Top photon
Corally

Pros and cons of each would be greatly apperciated.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

A lot has changed since the TC-3. Brushless and Lipo's have made Mod touring extremely fast and tunability and parts availability are a must.

The Losi is nearly extinct and not a lot of support, the do ok in VTA but I would not even consider it for Mod, and they known to be a little fragile.

Corrally, Again parts are an issue, consider also there are not even that many Team Corrally guys running it and only one I know of doing it in Mod regulary, and it looks like a struggle to keep it consistent.

Top Photon, well parts are not available every where but it was cutting edge design when released and designed by Cyrul, one of the top Mod guys in the country, so it would be a decent option.

Also might consider looking for a recent, T-3 or T4 X-ray, they are very calm to drive and durable and one of the more popular ones at most tracks, Also I'm a little partial to the Serpent, the 411 was very stable and the new Eryx has a lot of traction, although parts supply might be what you carry in your box.

Good Luck

And Chesapeake Rocks, GBHS Class of '89
Old 05-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks for the info, very helpful.

Does anyone know if you can buy a complete shock kit for a photon? The car im looking at, basically free is missing shocks and some other parts. Not a hige deal just a lot of little parts to order.

Small world i live literally right behind GBHS.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roger H
Thanks for the info, very helpful.

Does anyone know if you can buy a complete shock kit for a photon? The car im looking at, basically free is missing shocks and some other parts. Not a hige deal just a lot of little parts to order.

Small world i live literally right behind GBHS.
Free is always good Parts are readily available

http://www.topracingusa.com/index.html
http://www.rc-mushroom.com/index.php...hoton-c-36_392
http://www.topracing.net.au/shop/ind...iewCat&catId=1
Old 05-21-2013, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

A friend of mine pm'd me today that he's selling a pretty much brand yokomo bd7 with a tekin rs and a servo for $400. The kit alone is $550 and ESC around $170 the servo I'm not sure what kind but judging by what he's presently racing and what he raced in the past its a top of the line servo. If your getting into MOD TC get an XRAY T3 12 or this yokomo BD7.
I have a XRAY T4 so I'm always going to say to buy it but the yokomo is in my top 3