Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAMIYA TA-05 MFour PERFECTED!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 12:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile TAMIYA TA-05 MFour PERFECTED!

Just perfected my build of the TA05 MFour after about 6 months of tweaking and fiddling.
The servo is a Revolution N RV-20N which comes with aluminium brackets that can be easily removed, ideal for fixing onto the top of the battery,

the batteries are IMPACT 6000mah, both connected in series / parrallel,
the motor is a tacon 380 4200Kv motor which gives the car its well needed boost,

its one heavy little boy, but drives like a crazy mfrrrr........

Drift wheels and Vertical Servo mount are in the post, so will update again soon.
Attached Thumbnails TAMIYA TA-05 MFour PERFECTED!-img_4293.jpg   TAMIYA TA-05 MFour PERFECTED!-img_4295.jpg   TAMIYA TA-05 MFour PERFECTED!-img_4323.jpg   TAMIYA TA-05 MFour PERFECTED!-img_4324.jpg  
Old 07-06-2012, 12:36 AM
Tech Adept

oh boy. it's a tight fit on that chassis
Old 07-06-2012, 01:06 AM
Tech Rookie

yep, you right its really tight there, need to change the batteries sometime too, hopefully it should fit, weighs about 2kg right now!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:29 AM
Tech Regular

Do you have a photo of the side view of the chassis?
I notice you've changed the servo mount from the left hand side of the chassis to the right hand side, was that to help you get clearance?
Old 07-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Default side view

heres a side view, yep, i switched the steering because it hits the end of the motor, I've had a few broken drive shafts from using the motor and no drag brake. servo sits on top of the battery pretty well and no vibrations.

let me know what u think! thanks!
Attached Thumbnails TAMIYA TA-05 MFour PERFECTED!-photo.jpg  
Old 07-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm just thinking, this is probably the most unpopular TAMIYA car as yet, seeing by the lack of posts! haha, concept wise, I think its a great car, gives u a lot of challenges.!!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by otaku
I'm just thinking, this is probably the most unpopular TAMIYA car as yet, seeing by the lack of posts! haha, concept wise, I think its a great car, gives u a lot of challenges.!!
Look at the price..for the price you can get either 2 real Minis or 1 pro touring chassis. I think Mr Tamiya was smoking something good when he set the price for it.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Tech Rookie

the price, and the fact that no one dares to buy it, and the fact that i had to order parts from tamiya direct ?! haha, its all fun isnt it
Old 07-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The only way I buy a new kit, is if I know it's a popular kit and parts will be around for years to come. That's why I'm stuck on Tamiya M-Chassis, fool proof and unlimited parts. When I first seen the M-Four, I thought it was a typo in the title on the price haha. Looks cool looking non the less.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Rookie

i have three M's.... kkkk but yeah, good point good point, parts are a pain to get for this right now though, battery isnt even imported here!
Old 08-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by otaku
i have three M's.... kkkk but yeah, good point good point, parts are a pain to get for this right now though, battery isnt even imported here!
I dont know where you live.. if you are in the US, I recommend you order your parts through http://www.speedtechrc.com/

They can special order the parts for you and give you a very good price.. much lower than Tamiya direct. Whenever I need to special order parts, I go to them.. they're awesome!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That is one sick looking touring car.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys. New to the forum, not the lifestyle. Been into helis for the past 5 years and thought I'd get back into TC for the not so great flying days.
I just finished building one of these.
I don't know where you guys bought yours from, but I found a steal of a deal for mine from RC Mushroom. US$308 and I think I got the last one because they went out've stock as soon as I placed my order. I agree though, the price from US hobby stores is ridiculous! The lowest I found was Advantage Hobby at $361, while the average is $399 from other places. Tamiya direct is also damn expensive compared to places like RC Mushroom and Banzai hobby for parts. Just my 2cents.
This is only my second Tamiya TC since my TA01 Mercedes was first introduced, so the new M category is a bit foreign to me on what run times to expect from cars now. I see people are trying to stuff 3300 - 3800mah batts in this thing....how much runtime do the Mini classes normally go for? I planned on importing one or two of the M Life packs from either Hong Kong or NZ just to try them out on the Novak Three 80 13.5T/ Edge ESC combo I have on the way. If I don't like the performance, then I found that the 2S lipos for the Traxxas 1/16 vehicles will fit without the stock battery holder in place, just lay a strip of velcro and strap'em down for security. Therefore saving weight over the size of a typical large mah lipo. What sort of runtime should I expect from a 2200mah lipo btw?
Otaku, what body are you running on yours? I ordered a new MINI Cooper S body to paint up like my real one, but that sucker's just a little too long (gives me an excuse to order a FWD M chassis now). I ended up ordering the Nissan Silvia from Tower Hobbies and a TC body from RC Mushroom. Neither of which I wanted, but there's nothing else that fits except the orig Mini body.
Originally Posted by Raman
I dont know where you live.. if you are in the US, I recommend you order your parts through
They can special order the parts for you and give you a very good price.. much lower than Tamiya direct. Whenever I need to special order parts, I go to them.. they're awesome!

Last edited by DVUS HELI; 12-14-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Really? $240 at RC-Mart. Still 5 in stock.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks jjjheimer. Just hurt my feelings lol
Originally Posted by jjjheimer
Really? $240 at rcmart.com/tamiya-84255-ta05-chassis-p-34645.html?cPath=420_1167]RC-Mart[/url]. Still 5 in stock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.