Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Worlds Coming to Florida

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The official dates havent been released yet so why not wait until that happens to get all workwd up over the worlds and IIC conflicting? Lets just be happy that the we got the race back here instead of bashing the dates
Old 05-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Champion

Rick is right on with his points. Schedule the Worlds so it makes sense as an independent race.

If there is a conflict the mod class will be light at the IIC. No offense to Scotty or the IIC but the fastest racers in the world would rather be called an IFMAR WC than an IIC Champ.

Also, EA's target market are all spec racers. It wouldn't make any sense for him to sponsor the Worlds anyways.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Let's see... 2 weeks off to get smashed in mod at worlds or 1 week off for the actual best race in the world with classes people actually care about and run? Yeah, IIC wins for me.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thisguy2849
The official dates havent been released yet so why not wait until that happens to get all workwd up over the worlds and IIC conflicting? Lets just be happy that the we got the race back here instead of bashing the dates
I don't see anyone bashing anything... I see people discussing the merits of different dates for this event. Which is exactly what should be done before the official dates are released, so that the race promoter can understand the different sides of the coin when he discusses the dates with IFMAR.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Scheduling the races on different weeks would be ideal - especially from a media perspective. EA has stated his thoughts so it could be interesting to see if he would support and sponsor the Worlds if it was the week after the IIC. And the views of other drivers who were planning on racing both.

You also have to keep in mind that if the Worlds were back to back after the IIC, it would mean that a driver would have to be in the US for three weeks.
Rick,

I would think that some of the overseas true "Pro" racers wouldnt mind 3 weeks in the US if the races are on back to back weekends. Most spent that long at TITC back in Feb just for practice. It would allow the manufactures to send their top drivers to race at THE WC and the next largest International event at one time.

Yes I would support the event if it were held a different weekend than the IIC. Would I race? I doubt it as I dont feel I should be racing there based on my resume and some of the other guys that should go well before I go but I would become a sponsor of some level just because the race is in the USA. But it would be hard for me to give money to two separate races on the same week.
Originally Posted by AdrianM
Rick is right on with his points. Schedule the Worlds so it makes sense as an independent race.

If there is a conflict the mod class will be light at the IIC. No offense to Scotty or the IIC but the fastest racers in the world would rather be called an IFMAR WC than an IIC Champ.

Also, EA's target market are all spec racers. It wouldn't make any sense for him to sponsor the Worlds anyways.
Thats the problem with racing in the US already. There are only a small handful of people that have big races that actually try to work with other races to not try and conflict each other and think about other parties and not just their own. Scotty and Boylan are the best at this. They dont make announcements close to each others races about their race, they have both been to each others race to either support it or race it and both have probably the most respect of any orangizer/promoter/organization of anyone in the world due to the way they handle things. And in my opinion for ROAR and or IFMAR to not think like they do about planning the WC's is just ignorant. The RC Industry is just too small in the US for the large races to not work together. Granted most wont be attending the Worlds anyway but you get the point.

George has emailed me this morning and he is working with IFMAR to try and get it moved either earlier or later so that its not on the same week which is great news. Hopefully it all works out so that it doesnt step on toes and people can attend all their events.

I believe the Fuel On road nats are the 2nd weekend in Sept now for all future years and I am sure that is why ROAR didnt want the race in Sept. Just my guess/opinion.

EA
Old 05-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Of course its best to try and accommodate the race so they are not at the same time. I was agreeing with Rick's point that no matter when the race is rescheduled it will not make people happy since it will be with a week(s) of the IIC.

So...make sure its not the same week but other than that book it.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Let's see... 2 weeks off to get smashed in mod at worlds or 1 week off for the actual best race in the world with classes people actually care about and run? Yeah, IIC wins for me.
The IIC, seems to be a large (not the track ) well attended, premiere race meeting, that is not sarcasm by the way. I know a few guys who've flown from the UK to race at it.

However, everyone I know would rather attend the Worlds, racing in THE premiere class, not the 'motor of the month' classes in Stock. Which outside of the USA are thankfully regarded as lower end, which while fun and great club classes etc are always not the top class.

I think some people are also forgetting that only 40? US drivers will be allowed entries. The vast majority of entries will be from oversea's

Skiddins
Old 05-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Mod racing is like watching the commercials instead of the Super Bowl.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
And in my opinion for ROAR and or IFMAR to not think like they do about planning the WC's is just ignorant.
EA
ROAR, maybe. IFMAR, you have to be kidding?

IFMAR bloc rotation is currently published 9 years in advance, plenty of time for ROAR to collect suitable proposals and work out dates (without the need to ask for a 2 week extension).
Old 05-22-2013, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I think some people are also forgetting that only 40? US drivers will be allowed entries. The vast majority of entries will be from oversea's
Since ROAR is the hosting bloc, all the unused spots go back to US drivers. Meaning it is more likely that there will be 60+ spots available.

But I don't think people are forgetting about the overseas entries. One of the reason the IIC is such a fun race to attend, is because it features International racing. If all the guys from overseas skipped the event, it would certainly detract from the race itself.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
....However, everyone I know would rather attend the Worlds, racing in THE premiere class, not the 'motor of the month' classes in Stock. Which outside of the USA are thankfully regarded as lower end, which while fun and great club classes etc are always not the top class....
Skiddins
I wish more Americans shared this point of view

The Super Bowl is more like Blinky, Aussie Rules Football, now that's Mod
Old 05-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

American Football is like falling asleep in your chair, time may have passed by and that's all.

Skiddins

P.S. I don't like our football either
Old 05-23-2013, 04:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I am sure the group at FT and ROAR/IFMAR will work things out. A lot of tasks are being crunched into a little time. Give them a little bit to get it sorted.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
I am sure the group at FT and ROAR/IFMAR will work things out. A lot of tasks are being crunched into a little time. Give them a little bit to get it sorted.
+1