Wiki Posts
Search

Factory Team TC4 from RCX

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JevUK
Well I'm perfectly chilled on the matter. But anyone that says a tc4 is light enough, is going to get an axe in the side of their head!!
Well, I've never had a problem with its weight(hey, you asked for it, man, ), but then again, I've never considered myself a kind of driver who could take advantage of that small a difference in weight. I pick a car by how comfortable I am with it, & that's PRECISELY why I got my TC3 about 5 1/2 years ago & finally retired it(& yes, I really did run the EXACT same car for 5 YEARS, & it served me wonderfully, ) & got a TC4 a few months ago, which I'm also very pleased with. I may go ahead & get a FT onewhen it arrives, but I'm in no hurry to do so, & to be honest, I still find it funny how much so many people will judge a car that NONE OF THEM HAVE EVER DRIVEN BEFORE. You'd think we could all at least wait till it's on the shelves & some regular drivers race it before we decide it's good or not(but wait, what am I saying, that's just common sense which is quickly disappearing from the world)....
Old 05-23-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gaz8
jev have you not milled your motor mount and motor mount to save weight??
i have and ive save about 15 grams ish
Hi Gaz, nope not yet. I have a day off work tomorrow so time to start drilling, sawing, filing and grinding this mofo heavy car to pieces lol

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
Well, I've never had a problem with its weight(hey, you asked for it, man, ), but then again, I've never considered myself a kind of driver who could take advantage of that small a difference in weight. I pick a car by how comfortable I am with it, & that's PRECISELY why I got my TC3 about 5 1/2 years ago & finally retired it(& yes, I really did run the EXACT same car for 5 YEARS, & it served me wonderfully, ) & got a TC4 a few months ago, which I'm also very pleased with. I may go ahead & get a FT onewhen it arrives, but I'm in no hurry to do so, & to be honest, I still find it funny how much so many people will judge a car that NONE OF THEM HAVE EVER DRIVEN BEFORE. You'd think we could all at least wait till it's on the shelves & some regular drivers race it before we decide it's good or not(but wait, what am I saying, that's just common sense which is quickly disappearing from the world)....
Whether you like it or not, you have had a problem with it's weight. You just don't realise it. If the car had been 100g lighter you would be going faster, end of story.

It's quite easy to judge the FT, because it's not a lot differen't to a tc4. It also means the tc4 come more inline with a pro4 and baracuda. I think it's perfectly natural to judge something before you buy it. Otherwise you would have to by one of every kit before you knew you had the one you wanted to stick with...

But the real jugdment will be when we know the price.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Soviet tell your fiance' "He's" got a good head on his shoulders ..Just an assumption since your into the old broadway play show tunes
Old 05-23-2005, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Joe B
Hey Soviet tell your fiance' "He's" got a good head on his shoulders ..Just an assumption since your into the old broadway play show tunes

I sure will...
Old 05-23-2005, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Old 05-23-2005, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JevUK
I do have fun. If you're going to be ignorant of someones comments and just try to cast them aside, don't read them in the first place.

All my overweight comments were base on the exisiting kit, eg the one I own. Did you think I already had a FTTC4???

Feel free to patronise me all you like. At least I don't go around claiming to be the greatest driver who was sponser etc. I called you a noob in jest but I guess you took it to heart so I'm sorry for that.
ummm you are the one getting pissy about it..i never claimed to be a great driver....you called me a noob and i called you on it case closed...
Old 05-23-2005, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Grizz-yeah you obviously had a problem with the weight and just dont realize it....
Old 05-23-2005, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

I must say, this FT TC4 looks sweeeeeeeeeeet. Is it just me, or does that chassis look like a BMI Chassis???
Old 05-23-2005, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Nice car.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

I got to say that I'm a little dissapointed. I bought the TC4 early in October when it came out. After sorting out various problems and spending $75+ just to get the it running (Bumper, Front Outdrives, etc). I understand that the FT TC4 looks like a pretty sizeable improvement over the Team TC4 kit. But the annoying part is, is that soo much money was spent into the Team Kit I have. I probably may just stay with the Team kit since it seems to be an excellent car at my local track. Although, I may get the conversion kit; if there ever make one.

I just wish that AE sorted out all the "bugs" with the team kit before they released it. I would've also hoped that AE used this carbon fiber theme once they released it.

It's all good. Keep up the good work AE.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks Jason Breiner of BMI for designing this! heh
Old 05-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Nail on the head
Old 05-23-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

At least we know where the real brain power lies in all this
Old 05-23-2005, 07:42 PM
Tech Addict

How does it drive? Is it faster? Is my TC4 obsolete now or will the FT chassis interchange without spending a mint on parts. Somehow I feel like im getting burned on all this. I have never been happy with my TC4 will this super bling chassis fix it? Well next time I will just have to buy a real kit when it comes out. Not one that requires $150.00 in option parts to be decent.

Last edited by Neil; 05-23-2005 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Fun
Old 05-23-2005, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by StephenSobottka
At least we know where the real brain power lies in all this

Like it's hard to design a plate graphite chassis...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.