R/C Tech LIVE at the 2005 Reedy Race of Champions @ Tamiya USA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Tech LIVE at the 2005 Reedy Race of Champions @ Tamiya USA

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Paul won a race too, which was very difficult to do.

Pics are back online!

www.rcscoringpro.com/photos
Old 06-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Was the traction low for this race? Judging by the height of the bodies, it looks like guys had to run soft spring and high bodies to get traction. http://www.rcscoringpro.com/photos/Reedy/DSC_8495

Also, does everyone run pre-race practice on new tires that they bring? Then save the handouts for the races?
Old 06-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Traction was fine. Body height was because of tech rules for the race.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Default spec Motor lables

Does anyone Know why we could not remove the reedy lable from the motor this year?
Old 06-02-2005, 10:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
Also, does everyone run pre-race practice on new tires that they bring? Then save the handouts for the races?
Usually you'll buy all your tires at the track for practice since they're cheaper there than in the stores. And you have to buy your race tires there. Most bought 4 sets for practice and 3 for the race plus you get one set as a hand out. You're only allowed to tech 4 sets for racing so you're guaranteed to have to run 2nd run tires at least once. By only having 4 sets for 8 rounds of practice, you'll get the chance to see what the car does on old tires so you can adjust to it.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Don't leave out Schumacher Corner! We've been here since this was RcTouring.com

Almost every Schumacher Factory driver on Earth has an RCTech account. PW is the US Team Manager and finished 11th in Invite. I am the US Sales Manager. We all work to get info out to the club racers ASAP.
Sorry guys, I have been in the Shumacher corner and it rocks. Plus talking to Jason Moberly on a daily basis helps too. Haven't seen too many Factory Reps in the Xray thread but I think that is changing, plus they have forums on their own site that is heavily monitored by Reps. Todd Hodge is always helping out in the Losi car forums, and they have Aaron Waldron looking out for the offroad guys on here. The thing that got me about AE was there used to be support in the TC3 thread, but they havent been to forthcoming with communication on the TC4, but they can be found readily in their RTR 1/18th scale truck forums
Old 06-02-2005, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Reedy Label

Originally Posted by JasonC
Does anyone Know why we could not remove the reedy lable from the motor this year?
Fred said they wanted to leave the label on out of respect to Mike Reedy! According to him, that's the only reason. So, when some of the racers took off the label, they didn't make that big of a deal, they just got more labels. I wanted to take off the label to help dissapate the heat from the motor to the heat sink. Plus Erik Anderson wanted to put his label on some of the motors he tuned for some of the racers! Unfortunately, they didn't add it to the rules from the start or it wouldn't have been an issue!
Old 06-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

Lots of interesting points in here overnight - it's 9 am now where I am.

CORALLY. Corally is a relatively small company in terms of manpower, though not in terms of it's contribution to our sport, and certainly not in terms of it's products and quality. Just look back a few years and think where one of todays popular cars came from. Corally are always innovative, and their engineering is second to none. I don't run Corally cars, not touring cars anyway, though we use their motors and cells exclusively, but that is more a business related decision than anything else.

I agree entirely that your chances of success are proportional to the number of BIG drivers you have in the team. Again, just look at the number of personell some teams have at big races and compare it to Corally. Then compare their respective success rates. Another company springs to mind here - YOKOMO. When they had a big team in the U.S. they were winning everything. Now I don't think they have one BIG driver there. Pity. For some reason or other AE seem to be going the same way. Baker and Blackstock are both excellent drivers, but dare I say they are past their sell by date. That's being a bit harsh, but you know what I mean. Let's face it, the likes of Hara, Reinhard, Levanen - all kids relatively speaking - are the up and coming stars of our sport.

How would you fancy, say Corally's chances, if Hara or Reinhard were driving them - without meaning to be disrespectful to Chris Toso in any way.

Clearly some manufacturers know more about marketing than others. At the end of the day that can be a big asset.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Look at how many Factory representitives and drivers respond on the RDX thread vs. how many AE guys respond in the TC4 thread. You can tell who wants to support their customer more.
If you are in need of direct support from Team Associated you can get help through our website (http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/b4_talk/team_talk.htm) or via customer support at (714) 850-9342. As far as I know, we are the only car manufacture to have a question and answer forum on our own site. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Many of our drivers are on this message forum and follow many of the threads. With their demanding schedule, it’s now always possible to keep up with an “Ask…” thread. Instead other Associated customers go out of their way to assist and answer questions. Is that what this forum is about; racers helping racers?

Brent Thielke
Associated Team Manager
Old 06-03-2005, 12:45 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Brent is up as late as I am!

Regarding the longevity of Schumacher Corner (and other threads) try looking at the status bar in your browser when you put your mouse over the link to the thread. In that one's case, the "t=36" means it is thread #36, or the 36th thread ever created on the site (whereas this Reedy thread, for example, is thread #73,050).

If you're extremely bored, this might seem interesting.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:47 AM
R/C Tech Founder

And to actually add something useful to the discourse, Brent is right -- no manufacturer has an obligation to come to this (or any) site to answer questions, and it's hard to hold that against them. There are thousands of sites on the net and you can't expect their team drivers to visit each and every one.

We are, of course, quite lucky to have factory reps on here who post regularly. I wish we had the top drivers from every company on here, but hey, what can you do?
Old 06-03-2005, 12:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by futureal
And to actually add something useful to the discourse, Brent is right -- no manufacturer has an obligation to come to this (or any) site to answer questions, and it's hard to hold that against them. There are thousands of sites on the net and you can't expect their team drivers to visit each and every one.

We are, of course, quite lucky to have factory reps on here who post regularly. I wish we had the top drivers from every company on here, but hey, what can you do?

As it is pretty hard work keeping up on every site out there, Xray and there teamdrivers gives support, tips and trix to any Xray driver on there forum.
http://www.teamxray.com/
Old 06-03-2005, 01:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 51
If you are in need of direct support from Team Associated you can get help through our website (http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/b4_talk/team_talk.htm) or via customer support at (714) 850-9342. As far as I know, we are the only car manufacture to have a question and answer forum on our own site. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Many of our drivers are on this message forum and follow many of the threads. With their demanding schedule, it’s now always possible to keep up with an “Ask…” thread. Instead other Associated customers go out of their way to assist and answer questions. Is that what this forum is about; racers helping racers?

Brent Thielke
Associated Team Manager
Brent - to correct you - X Ray also have their own Forum on their site where team drivers add their support/answers/set-ups pretty much like your forum, and I agree with your comment - frequently a question is answered by another 'racer' who has already suffered and solved a problem.
I have also to agree with Futureal - the manufacturers do not HAVE to support this site - they probably have enough to do on their own!
However - there are plenty of team drivers offering support in most of the manufacturers threads on here.
At the end of the day there is always that wonderful communication medium called e-mail!
Old 06-03-2005, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

doesanyone know where can i download some reedy race movie? thanks
Old 06-03-2005, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Guo Chean
doesanyone know where can i download some reedy race movie? thanks
Go back a few pages and you'll find 3 or 4 good videos.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.