Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Tech LIVE at the 2005 Reedy Race of Champions @ Tamiya USA

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

Evicerator. How did you like that new Novak Velociti brushless setup. I had the pleasure of sitting next to Mr. Novak on Saturday and he was explaining some of the improvements they made to it. I have a 5800 SS version, but it doesn't have the drag brake capabilities I think your system has.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:31 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Man, from the looks of the OPEN results it appears a bunch of folks need to let everyone know how they like their CROW prepared. The top three cars are also the two most maligned TC's going right now. Of course a TC4 in Factory Team trim is an awesome car, and now the JRX-S has had it's day. As far as the Invite class is concerned, the FTTC4 was tops there as well. Funny how two cars so COMPLETELY different than the 415 could do so well at the REEDY isn't it? Wait 'till carpet season here in the U.S. It'll be the same three manufacturers it has been forever. Losi, AE, and X-Ray. Corally will get their scores too, but that's all Toso.
It's also worth noting that Brent and Ben were running TC4 Team kits, not Factory Team kits (at least as far as I know).
Old 06-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Cavaleri won open last year. Is he just a fast club racer? Numan is far from just a fast club racer. Todd Hodge was I think 4th or 5th this year in open. Is he a fast club racer? I think not.

No, they're fast DIRT racers. j/k!!
Old 06-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by futureal
It's also worth noting that Brent and Ben were running TC4 Team kits, not Factory Team kits (at least as far as I know).
I never really thought the car needed anything but the carbon upgrades for rubber tire, but the FTTC4 should be an aboslute KILLER on carpet with foams.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

No, they're fast DIRT racers. j/k!!
Actually you're right. A lot of times, off road guys don't have as much difficulty going from the dirt to TC racing as on road guys have going into the dirt. They know throttle and car control very well from running in less than perfect conditions.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Actually you're right. A lot of times, off road guys don't have as much difficulty going from the dirt to TC racing as on road guys have going into the dirt. They know throttle and car control very well from running in less than perfect conditions.
Hmm...well, all I know is: When I started running the Xray XB8 1/8th scale buggy, then went back to on-road, I sucked. I could not hit the apexes just right anymore, my reaction time slowed down, and being used to a loose buggy, I wasn't setting up my touring car as well anymore....although that all came back within about 2 packs of track time.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:02 PM
The Evicerator

Originally Posted by jw92656
Evicerator. How did you like that new Novak Velociti brushless setup. I had the pleasure of sitting next to Mr. Novak on Saturday and he was explaining some of the improvements they made to it. I have a 5800 SS version, but it doesn't have the drag brake capabilities I think your system has.

I thought the system was great! Consistant from run to run and rock solid performance from the first corner until the last ! I did not have to worry about my car slowing down or ruining my motor due to heavy brake use!

Also, it was nice being able to pass people on the straight... on the OUTSIDE!
Old 06-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

I think 8th scale would be a little different story. I've never run it but it seems like it'd be easier to drive than 1/10 scale. I may be wrong about that though. I was more talking about guys who run 2wd electric. When I started racing 2wd buggy and truck at a small track out here, I noticed I got much better at throttle control running on road and I know quite a few others who feel the same way.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Evicerator
I thought the system was great! Consistant from run to run and rock solid performance from the first corner until the last ! I did not have to worry about my car slowing down or ruining my motor due to heavy brake use!

Also, it was nice being able to pass people on the straight... on the OUTSIDE!
NICE
Old 06-01-2005, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Man, from the looks of the OPEN results it appears a bunch of folks need to let everyone know how they like their CROW prepared(myself included, who does a good fricasee?). The top three cars are the two most maligned TC's going right now. Of course a TC4 in Factory Team trim is an awesome car, and now the JRX-S has had it's day. As far as the Invite class is concerned, the FTTC4 was tops there as well. Funny how two cars so COMPLETELY different than the 415 could do so well at the REEDY isn't it? Wait 'till carpet season here in the U.S. It'll be the same three manufacturers it has been forever. Losi, AE, and X-Ray. Corally will get their scores too, but that's all Toso.

I didn't see Toso running the Spec. class and there were 6 out of 10 RDX's there!!
Old 06-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Doug, I need to apologize to you. I went a little wide setting up for the "S" section and ran into you while your where sitting there taking pics, SORRY.

I hope you at least got a good shot as the car was coming at you.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Steve that was a classic pass on the outside.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:52 PM
CGR
Tech Regular

Team Steve was definitley not lacking motor. That car was way unslow.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=futureal]

Anders, I think the country correction was already made, and I do have Joel running Novak. Part of the reason I posted that list here first was to make sure everything looked correct when it gets printed in the magazine.

QUOTE]

I only look at some of the quotes, where the old version was.
Great site by the way
Old 06-01-2005, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ooopss..the file was bad. I'll upload another copy later....Sorry guys.

Last edited by Proteus; 06-01-2005 at 08:27 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.