Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Tech LIVE at the 2005 Reedy Race of Champions @ Tamiya USA

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Proteus
I was able to get some videos of the the invitational rounds and a couple of the A mains. I'll try to get some posted once I get home.
Cool! Thanks Proteus
Old 05-29-2005, 11:38 PM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I figured it out why Dresher won the tie!!

If you notice at the pdf futureal was kind enough to post there are some columns named Tie1, Tie2-8. That means Tie1 number of 1st places, Tie2 number of 2nd places etc.
So both of them have same number of 1st, and 2nd none 3rd BUT Jilles had 2 4th compared to Craig with one so Craig won!!!

Bad luck

Nick
Old 05-29-2005, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

As far as I know, in the case of a tie in points, you go to 1st places. In the case of a further tie you go to 2nds, etc. etc. If you still have a tie, which was the case with Gilles and Craig, you go to fastest race, which was Craig. I stand to be corrected.

Congratulations to both. It's nice to see Craig get a big one after so much recent bad luck.

Looking at the way the new FT TC4 performed in it's first public outing, it looks like AE have certainly got it right. Well done.

That top 10 really looked like a who's who of RC racing.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Also,

According to what I read so far Marc Rheinard had the best run with 23 laps 5:03... and Hara had the best lap with 12.8low.
I might be wrong.
Of course current track conditions play a major factor so it doesn't really mean anything the above information. But I think it is an interesting note..
Old 05-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

who is TQ?
Old 05-30-2005, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tsuiyuen
who is TQ?
There is no TQ. This race is raced based on points. The person with the fewest point after 8 races win.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:12 AM
Tech Master

No-one
Old 05-30-2005, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

with invite class there is no TQ everyone is even and then you just race and earn points. for the open classes there are. i know peter robinson took TQ in 19t and whe went on to win but that is all i know
Old 05-30-2005, 02:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by steve eaves
Wow no losi in the top 10 in the invite class.
The invite class in my opinion is more of the driver. Losi's drivers are good, but i really think Kinwald, Francis, Easton are more all around drivers and give up a little to more focused Touring racers.
I saw Hara practicing Off Road at So cal and he looking like an amature and not like the Pro he is in on road.

Losi won the Mod but again it means its a competitive car but its the driver that makes the difference.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:40 AM
Tech Adept

I was hoping to see some Yokomo photos....I m wondering if any of the Team drivers were running the LCG?

I mean the specs of this car are just amazing IMO so it deserves to be ran or at least tested to be compared to the BD...

Futureal, I guess you ll be posting the results soon, any chance to get some Yokomo pics?

Cheers!!
Old 05-30-2005, 04:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tbevofreak
I was hoping to see some Yokomo photos....I m wondering if any of the Team drivers were running the LCG?

I mean the specs of this car are just amazing IMO so it deserves to be ran or at least tested to be compared to the BD...

Futureal, I guess you ll be posting the results soon, any chance to get some Yokomo pics?

Cheers!!
the yokomo team drivers were running the BD
Old 05-30-2005, 04:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Congratulations to Craig! Good to see him win such a tough race! I saw him racing here in Brazil and he was very fast (I like his driving style!), but unfortunately had a very bad luck here.

And is good to see AE on top again!
Old 05-30-2005, 04:17 AM
Tech Regular

I think this is a stupid setup where top contenders do not compete side-by-side. If it was about the fastest laptime/heattime and everybody was allowed to drive the track freely then it would be fair. That would be more like qualifying. But if that would make an attractive event......

But now you have a result where drivers from the top 10 probably haven't even driven in one heat together... so no real comparision if you ask me because every heat has it's own dynamic what causes different heat times...

who wouldn't want to see the top 10 drivers drive 2 (or 3) final heats together?

anyway, just my thoughts....
Old 05-30-2005, 04:22 AM
Tech Adept

Where can I find the spec and mod results?
Old 05-30-2005, 04:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

There were 8 heats of invite racing and only 30 something invite drivers. They all got to race against each other a couple of times, where luck comes into play is where you start when you're racing against the other "top" guys. If you've never witnessed the Reedy invite class racing then I can understand how it can look a bit odd, but trust me, if you're there either racing or watching it is the best racing anywhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.