R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2005, 12:16 PM   #916
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,142
Default RC Scoring Pro Photo Gallery

...anyone else having trouble seeing these pictures? I get some sort of time out error...?
__________________
Steve Weiss
TEAM ASSOCIATED -- REEDY -- SANWA -- PROTOFORM -- P1 BRAND -- TUNING HAUS -- TEAM KINWALD -- TEAM STEVE INTERNATIONAL
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 12:24 PM   #917
Tech Elite
 
speedxl's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Portland Oregon.
Posts: 3,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evicerator
...anyone else having trouble seeing these pictures? I get some sort of time out error...?
I get it also steve!
__________________
Pemberton / R1 / All out motorsports / Team Power Push
speedxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 12:24 PM   #918
Tech Elite
 
Jack Smash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 2,896
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Look at how many Factory representitives and drivers respond on the RDX thread vs. how many AE guys respond in the TC4 thread. You can tell who wants to support their customer more.
__________________
Kyosho / Orion / Amain.com / Protek
Jack Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 12:25 PM   #919
Tech Elite
 
DavidAlford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,151
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford
Default

Not just you Steve, I havn't been able to view them on like 3 different computers.
__________________
Hot Bodies/HPI | Jconcepts | Viper RC | Xpert | Sippel Speed Shop | Lawton RC Raceway | SXT
DavidAlford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 12:47 PM   #920
Tech Elite
 
fjm9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 3,003
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

has anyone else noticed this, but by looking at these videos the reason hara didnt win more races was because he always started back in the pack and then would make a great drive through the sweeper then as the race progessed, start bringing in the leader. from that i think hara accually had a really good shot to win overall if he didnt always have to start so far back because he was always the faster car on the track, just ever to slightly twards the end of every race. but i havent seen much of craigs footage so maybe he started further in the pack a few times too, so i could be wrong
__________________
Xray '007 US and a bunch of other outdated stuff
fjm9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 12:57 PM   #921
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjm9898
has anyone else noticed this, but by looking at these videos the reason hara didnt win more races was because he always started back in the pack and then would make a great drive through the sweeper then as the race progessed, start bringing in the leader. from that i think hara accually had a really good shot to win overall if he didnt always have to start so far back because he was always the faster car on the track, just ever to slightly twards the end of every race. but i havent seen much of craigs footage so maybe he started further in the pack a few times too, so i could be wrong
In the invite class, each driver starts on each row twice. He had front row starting spots just like every other driver did. The problem he ran into I think is he had some tough luck on starts a couple times.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:18 PM   #922
Tech Elite
 
fjm9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 3,003
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

ok thanks, i didnt quite know how starting positions work. but i do see what you mean about rough starts, in on of Proteus' videos, the one named Hara, he really had to fight his way. he got by the big pile up which put him in 4th but then crawled his way to 2nd and was slowly chatching the leader. that is why i think he had one of th fastest cars, which he did since he got 3rd overall. also in the newest posted one he was making ground up on craig the second half of the race, so i think it would be fun to see a race withthe top 8 just to see how has the best car, but the reedy race has a great setup for the invite class and of course the best guys stand on take the tops stops but personally i this Hara could take him
__________________
Xray '007 US and a bunch of other outdated stuff
fjm9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:24 PM   #923
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
In the invite class, each driver starts on each row twice. He had front row starting spots just like every other driver did. The problem he ran into I think is he had some tough luck on starts a couple times.
This is correct. But the rows did not swap inside to outside. So you could have started on the outside of your row in every race which in my opinion was a disadvantage.

Also, if you are car number 7,8, or 9, you could have three cars in your row rather than two as was the case with the other rows.

Most people don't realize the strategy involved because of the fact each driver only gets four sets of tires for eight races. Many will just run new-used-new-used etc but getting creative may net better results.

For instance I started in the back row (with three cars) on Sunday so decided to run used tires because the cold morning traction is very good. I could then save my new set for round two when many other drivers would be on used, and the traction would be down in the heat of the day.

Other used similar strategies. Hodapp ran new tires earlier than expected during his front row start to try to seal a win.

I am pretty sure Hara used his four new sets in the first 5 rounds. So going into the last three he was at a disadvantage.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:27 PM   #924
Tech Master
 
DerekB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
This is correct. But the rows did not swap inside to outside. So you could have started on the outside of your row in every race which in my opinion was a disadvantage.

Also, if you are car number 7,8, or 9, you could have three cars in your row rather than two as was the case with the other rows.

Most people don't realize the strategy involved because of the fact each driver only gets four sets of tires for eight races. Many will just run new-used-new-used etc but getting creative may net better results.

For instance I started in the back row (with three cars) on Sunday so decided to run used tires because the cold morning traction is very good. I could then save my new set for round two when many other drivers would be on used, and the traction would be down in the heat of the day.

Other used similar strategies. Hodapp ran new tires earlier than expected during his front row start to try to seal a win.

I am pretty sure Hara used his four new sets in the first 5 rounds. So going into the last three he was at a disadvantage.

I think more than a few people were rotating new sets on the rear and moving the 1 runs up front so they would have the same setup through the 8 runs. I know Drescher did.
__________________
Velocity RC Magazine
www.vrcmag.com
DerekB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:31 PM   #925
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekB
I think more than a few people were rotating new sets on the rear and moving the 1 runs up front so they would have the same setup through the 8 runs. I know Drescher did.
Yes Jilles did the same thing.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:31 PM   #926
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Rick, did you mix tires at all? I know one of the things a lot of us did in open was on the third run, use the rear tires from both new sets in the morning as our re run set in the third round. Just curious if you guys in invite used a similar idea any time.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:32 PM   #927
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

OK, you answered my question before I asked it
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:40 PM   #928
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,517
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Yeah, I heard Craig say he preferred used tires on the front because new gave too much steering
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 02:02 PM   #929
Tech Elite
 
kufman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Elburn, IL
Posts: 3,423
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Oh yeah...It just hit me...
but is Associated really American anymore??
__________________
Brushes? We don't need no stinking brushes!!!
kufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 02:07 PM   #930
Tech Regular
 
jw92656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Aliso Viejo, CA
Posts: 342
Default

Spectated both Saturday, and Sunday. I am really new to this hobby/sport so I not well versed in all the pro drivers. One driver that stood out was Hara, he was making some really nice runs. Razor sharp passes, and always chasing ground on the leaders in each heat race. I said it before "Hard Charger Award" for the 05 Reedy Race would go to Hara for sure.
jw92656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10th annual REEDY TC Race of Champions @ Tamiya America Mr. Postman Racing Forum 2 04-06-2007 07:05 AM
Izzy's 2005 Reedy TC Race of Champions - DVD izzyracer Electric On-Road 123 09-14-2005 05:24 PM
2005 Reedy Race of Champions Europe WorldCup2004 Electric On-Road 118 06-23-2005 05:42 AM
2005 Reedy Race of Champions! speedxl Racing Forum 4 04-11-2005 02:18 PM
R/C Tech Live @ the 2004 Reedy Race of Champions futureal Electric On-Road 576 06-23-2004 08:05 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:57 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net