R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-01-2005, 09:18 PM   #886
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Proteus,

Thanks for the videos... we all really appreciate it.
Great footage.

Michael
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:36 PM   #887
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Great looking video...

Thanks for posting it...
Old 06-01-2005, 10:03 PM   #888
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Proteus

Thanks guys. I'm kinda new to this video stuff...so bare with me as I try to figure out the best way to save it. I'm using windows movie maker for now.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:09 PM   #889
Tech Fanatic

Okay...here's one more. This is one is a pretty good. Looks like Drescher leading the whole way with Hara hanging close. And Rheinard putting the pressure on Hara for 2nd towards the end of the race.

Drescher, Hara, and Rheinard

Last edited by Proteus; 06-01-2005 at 10:21 PM.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:11 PM   #890
Tech Fanatic

One more thing....I'll be shooting some video at the Express Race next week. So check out the racing on the Express race thread.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:11 PM   #891
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
don't use my real name....shhhhhhhhh I got people after me....LOL $50 for what?

i bet Francis that you would win open...he jumped on it

just kidding man
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 12:23 AM   #892
Tech Master

Thirty pages of discussion on the Reedy Race. Most of it by American (U.S.) citizens.

Most of it also stabbing U.S. products. The sour grapes in these pages has been amazing.

But just look at the results. 2 out of 3 classes were won by cars designed and manufactured by U.S. companies - Losi and AE, and all 3 classes were won using electronic speedos manufactured in U.S.A. - Novak.

I am not an American citizen, and I respect peoples' opinions, but I am amazed at some contributors continuous efforts at putting your own country's excellent products down.

The United States was once a proud nation, unless my history books too have it wrong. But you guys are not doing it much proud continually belittling your own products.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 12:29 AM   #893
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

It's the mouse that roared!
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 02:33 AM   #894
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

From what I see the "belittling" and other such things pretty much stopped a few days ago, when you have competitive people in competitive situations, there is going to be that type of thing...the good part tho is most if not all kept it from becoming a problem, everyone had their say, let others have their say....and now its over, on to the next race, you have to accept that everyone wants their favorite driver or type of car to win....when its close, and shows the possibility of controversy, the type of people involved in racing, naturally challenge the things they see as wrong, once everyone sees both sides, its easier to accept what was right or wrong......from what I read tho it would be hard to say that "most" of the sour grapes were from the U.S.....yes we had our share, but so did plenty other countries........Im not so sure that a lot of what you saw as stabs at american products, wasnt just friends that happen to use different products ying yanging at each other good naturedly........
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 04:12 AM   #895
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbull
Thirty pages of discussion on the Reedy Race. Most of it by American (U.S.) citizens.

Most of it also stabbing U.S. products. The sour grapes in these pages has been amazing.

But just look at the results. 2 out of 3 classes were won by cars designed and manufactured by U.S. companies - Losi and AE, and all 3 classes were won using electronic speedos manufactured in U.S.A. - Novak.

I am not an American citizen, and I respect peoples' opinions, but I am amazed at some contributors continuous efforts at putting your own country's excellent products down.

The United States was once a proud nation, unless my history books too have it wrong. But you guys are not doing it much proud continually belittling your own products.

Ya know John...you've made an interesting observation.

It actually could take a while to touch on all the points, not to mention end up in a huge political argument, but I have a couple reasons why this seems so.

Firstly, the current world situation makes America look like some sort of badguy or world bully, when we are not. However since the war, etc. is unpopular with the more left-leaning press, the daily news in America is almost presented as if all the worlds problems are our fault.

Because of this constant day-in and day out brainwashing via the media, alot of Americans, especially the younger ones feel badly or indifferent about their own country.

Personally, I miss the days of the Cold War, if only because things were so much simpler then. You basically had the USA/NATO vs. the Soviets/Warsaw Pact. Since there were two Superpowers, we pretty much kept everything in check and the world was easier to understand.

Now the USA is the lone Global Superpower and alot of folks don't care for us too much, either out of genuine hatred or simple jealousy (France). Yet us Americans are a humble people even though we're #1. Although now we don't seem to beat the collective Patriotic drum like during the cold war, because other nations would see it as a display of ardent nationalism and just plain rude.

Either way, America is still and will always be one of the strongest, proudest and hardest working nations on this Earth, we just can't brag about it as much anymore.

Whew...that took a minute to crank out....

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 04:50 AM   #896
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
Because of this constant day-in and day out brainwashing via the media,
So thatīs what you think....
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 05:05 AM   #897
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg
Yup...thats what I think.

However the cause is irrelevant as there IS a declining attitude toward our country by it's populace. Whether it's from daily media bombardment or "brainwashing" as I so succinctly put it or from another source I don't know; but the decline in positive attitude IS there.

I feel we are in a period similar to the 1970's. Sort of a stagnant time where the collective attitude is a bit down-trodden. Soon we will go through another 1980's like pepping up and boom-time.

-Me
Old 06-02-2005, 05:18 AM   #898
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Hey, wrong thread(but good points), this is the "I pushed on(and twisted?) that sedan and it can't win" thread......

Good job at the Reedy P-Dub!......I'm not sure how you feel with 11th, but looking below you....WOW!!!..............., Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 07:44 AM   #899
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbull

Oh yeah...It just hit me...

I run a TC4 with a GTX.

My 1/12th is an L4 with a GTX as well...

USA! USA!

-Me
Old 06-02-2005, 08:12 AM   #900
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg

i feel the same way...so...?
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote