Originally posted by Turbo Joe
Any suggestions? I was thinking about trying to wedge the pivot balls apart some more.
The ORANGE o-rings work the best, the blue and black are firmer.
At first it will seem a little tight but after a couple of runs they will loosen up. Do not put o-rings everywhere, just on the bottom.
I got the FPM bump-steering rods from www.formula1-rc.com
and FINALLY got them to really work well.
BTW splitting the pivot balls will cause even more trouble due to it's weaken state, Bump a wall and it's toast for the pivot and all around it. The second part is every time you take the stock screws in and out weakens the plastic. I've found that using titium screws work the best with this warning: DO NOT TIGHTEN THE SCREWS DOWN AS TIGHT AS YOU CAN GET IT. This will result in the same problem as above.
TIPS from the DICK:
1. Use tape/rubber bands on your stick pack battery on the left side of the car. Solves battery bouncing around/ falling out while the car is running.
2. Check all screws after car has cooled off, they seem to want to get loose.
3. Keep an eye on ride height 5mm iin front and 4.5mm in rear works on most tracks.
4. Camber solves most spin outs on corners and sharp turns.
5. Rear toe-in 1.5 to 2 Front 0 to 1 any more and sterring can become an adventure.
6. GO to formula1-rc and READ!!!! If you have a question it has been asked and answered there...