Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F201

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Marty-that is awesome!! Ca I ask a question? How have you dealt with the steering geometry? Does the steering still have a lot of bump steer and can ackerman be adjusted?

The body youre having pulled is awesome too. I wish your compnay the best of luck-hint hint-let me know if you want any hardcore carpet testing done

I'll be MORE than happy to wring it out for you.

Ray
Old 05-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
Marty, sorry been away a bit. Yes I can get some time in on it when the photo's are done.

Email me what, how and where and I would be glad to get it done.

I hear we are going to see the touring car out here also?

D
Dan not a big thing. But yes I would like you to test it run it give it your once over and maybe help out if anything is not right.

I ran it in testing and I love it.

as for a touring car yes we have taken so of the best stuff ( I feeL) from the cars out there and what I wanted in a touring car.

the prototype right now is out getting a molds made for the control arms then our first body I hope and New tires (ING Racing) and I will do most of the Chassis work.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Marty-that is awesome!! Ca I ask a question? How have you dealt with the steering geometry? Does the steering still have a lot of bump steer and can ackerman be adjusted?

The body youre having pulled is awesome too. I wish your compnay the best of luck-hint hint-let me know if you want any hardcore carpet testing done

I'll be MORE than happy to wring it out for you.

Ray
That was the first thing I did was the steering geometry.
It is sweet and no lump and the front suspension all mounts to the upper plate and you remove the 4 screws and you have the upper plate in your hand and the suspension this will make it easy to work on.
plus it has a anti roll bar setup. it is more like the old kyosho and some 1/5 scale cars and now the New F180 Serpent.

The Rear is belt drive it has a 72 tooth 48p spur and can use 64 pitch as well.
I have made Aluminum rear diff and suspension plates and the shock mounts and pivot mount there like the F201 but we are having new rockers made and it has a swaybar much like a touring car.
We were going to make it with a slipper clutch but most of the people out the have talked me out of it.
The Hpi Dbox would be cool for this car and all cars not only drift cars But I doubt they will let you race with a driver assist unit on the car. LOL

As for the touring car when it is done I will be looking for a few tracks and racers in the country to send one for testing.

We are also making a dirt buggy 1/10 4X4. I made one back in 96 or 99 from a HPI Pro 4 I think it was 99 anyway I had a blast with it.
So we will do it again.
I do love this thing
Old 05-24-2006, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sounds good Marty give me a shout when you have a closer arrival time.

I'll need the contact info for the SLC guys also.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

I will send it all to you also there was a guy up there that wanted to run the car and I can not remember his name ok let him at it first ok I told him I would.

Plus I get maybe 30 to 50 emails a day and it is hard to remember everyones names LOL
Old 05-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It was prolly Shane Elliot or I think I saw that somewhere. I might run it first so that I can get a chance to see how it handles........

What arms(mfg) did you base it on?
Old 05-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Right now we may go back to the PRO4 but testing are Tamiya and the mold is more like the Barracuda I keep going back and checking thay are almost all the same.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:42 AM
Tech Master

Well here it is for the ones that missed it

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 08-03-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

does anybody know where I can get some firm inserts for my F201 tires?
Old 07-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Tech Addict

Default Help Please

Can anyone help me here please

I've practically rebuilt my F201 and ran it today and the problem still persists

Problem i'm having is during off-power right turn I would loose the back end and spin, this is also true when during on-power corner exit. The strange thing is this doesn't happen when turning left.

Any suggestion would really greatly appreciated as I'm getting frustrated here.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

is it possible that the bottom of the chassis is rubbing against the ground when you turn right, that can cause you to loose it.

This is what your problem sounds like, put some grey tape over the back end of the chassis and turn right, if after a couple of turns the tape has work away that is your problem else it will be something binding and locking up when you turn right which is much harder to diagnose
Old 07-12-2006, 02:30 AM
Tech Addict

I noticed that Integy has a chassis for the F201 at a decent price, has anyone tried it?
Old 07-12-2006, 02:44 AM
Tech Master

It is the 3Racing Chassis or just like it!
Old 07-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

Would someone fill me in on the difference between type A and type B tires and on the Michelin hard and soft tires.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Formula1fan
I noticed that Integy has a chassis for the F201 at a decent price, has anyone tried it?
I am pretty sure the Integy chassis is the Eagle Dist. Chassis. - basically a 3Racing chassis right? I am sure all the chassis are pretty much the same in terms of performance, aside from the MLP chassis which is obviously the best.

In terms of A & B tires. I don't know which one is the soft one, but I think that the A tires are softer and B harder? I am not sure - but one works well on low bite, and the other high bite I think. You should search a little for it.

So stoked - getting my 3Racing chassis and parts tomorrow or tuesday!!! AHHHH! Cant wait.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.