Wiki Posts
Search

best 2s lipo

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
Unless you are poor, it and SMC do not belong in the same sentence; neither does the word expensive.
$50-60 for a 6500 70c is actually cheap and I heard they are the same internals as Revtech off the same line
Old 05-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trigger
Forget zippy, turnigy, gens ace. Those are budget batteries. For ultimate batteries with the most punch, ORCA Infinite lipos are the ones to get.
+1!!
I use the Orca ESC and got a good deal on a 6000 and 7000, out of the box 1st few cycles they were fast and have been getting faster since. I'm about 10-15 charges through both and they just keep getting better.
TEAM EAM revtech are what most top drivers use ( when in doubt run what the fast guys do) and I'm sure he'll have nothing bad to say about ORCA lipos as he's the U.S. distributor for ORCA. ORCA is best I've had so far, batteries and ESC
Old 05-14-2013, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Originally Posted by trigger
Forget zippy, turnigy, gens ace. Those are budget batteries. For ultimate batteries with the most punch, ORCA Infinite lipos are the ones to get.
Yup!! Gens Ace may be the best bang for the buck if you want cheap lipos for just messing around, but if you're running top end gear on a top end rig you definitely don't want to cheap out on the lipos. Let alone the charger and/or power supply!!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

SMC are awesome packs, started running them again back in October and now everyone at my track runs them! I have the IR meter and have tested other packs and SMC always have lower IR than anything else I test!

I have ran ORCA packs that puff up very quickly, not sure if they have been improved?

Grant
Old 05-15-2013, 10:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JOE SI
+1!!
I use the Orca ESC and got a good deal on a 6000 and 7000, out of the box 1st few cycles they were fast and have been getting faster since. I'm about 10-15 charges through both and they just keep getting better.
TEAM EAM revtech are what most top drivers use ( when in doubt run what the fast guys do) and I'm sure he'll have nothing bad to say about ORCA lipos as he's the U.S. distributor for ORCA. ORCA is best I've had so far, batteries and ESC
+1
Old 05-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

As long as I dont race any big roar races its Turnigy Nanotechs 6600mah for me. They will last longer than a season of racing if always balanced. For $40 bucks and alot of punch. When on Hobby King site trick is to take a minute before ordering stuff. When looking at an item of interest a little pop up will tell you you can get that item for a few bucks less. Then click on that!
Old 05-16-2013, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lifeguy
SMC are awesome packs, started running them again back in October and now everyone at my track runs them! I have the IR meter and have tested other packs and SMC always have lower IR than anything else I test!

I have ran ORCA packs that puff up very quickly, not sure if they have been improved?

Grant
Out of interest, what IR's are you seeing from the packs, I mean each cell measured with the flying lead, not the overall pack?

Never measured an SMC.
Have you ever measured a Hobbyking Nano-Tech battery?

Skiddins
Old 05-16-2013, 03:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
As long as I dont race any big roar races its Turnigy Nanotechs 6600mah for me. They will last longer than a season of racing if always balanced. For $40 bucks and alot of punch. When on Hobby King site trick is to take a minute before ordering stuff. When looking at an item of interest a little pop up will tell you you can get that item for a few bucks less. Then click on that!
Always pays to look before cross the street
Old 05-16-2013, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Nano techs for me, either bashing, practicing and racing, best bang for the buck lipos! I recently ordered 3 nanotech a spec shorty to try on my TC! As long as I storage charge them when im not using them, they always gives me single digit IR and the punch was always there!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Out of interest, what IR's are you seeing from the packs, I mean each cell measured with the flying lead, not the overall pack?

Never measured an SMC.
Have you ever measured a Hobbyking Nano-Tech battery?

Skiddins
I use the this one....

http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...product_id=102

I test each individual cell. I get under 3 m ohms on my SMC's I have tested Trinity, ORCA, All the cheaper Chinese brands and they are all higher.. In stock racing this makes a difference, in mod not so much..

feel free to message me and I will explain!

Grant
Old 05-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

SMC is selling the same packs as everybody else these days. Just at half the cost.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

user error does NOT constitute poor service on a company's part.

just sayin.....
Old 05-16-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alexchen86
Yup!! Gens Ace may be the best bang for the buck if you want cheap lipos for just messing around, but if you're running top end gear on a top end rig you definitely don't want to cheap out on the lipos. Let alone the charger and/or power supply!!
Yep! +1

Never use the Gen Ace,Turnigy, Zippy lipos are all junk!

The IR on those cheap packs are HIGH!

You will not make the A-main using junk lipos.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can you tell this noob what a good IR is?

My Turnigy pack has an IR of 11 mOhms
While my Reedy pack has an IR of 18 mOhms
both brand new
Old 05-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

IR can vary greatly on pack usage and temperature.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.