Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum DX3: 3-Channel Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ahem,

The Z-1 is not synthesized. It can use the KO spektrum module.

The DX-3 has spektrum built in. It's not a JR radio, just uses the JR case.

I don't understand why everyone complains about new equipment. You should all be grateful that you have all the choices available to you. When I started racing we didn't have synthesized systems or multi model memory. 1fastdude can back me up on that. Be happy you have what you do and enjoy it, don't flame. A lack of features is another thing I don't get. Most drivers don't use the majority of them and wouldn't be able to feel the difference anyway. Most of the high end radios these days are great irregardless of which brand they are. I currently use a Futaba 3PK synth. I don't think it's any better or worse than the Helios, Z-1, M8, M11, R-1.

Point is, buy what you like and what feels best in your hand. Buy as much radio as you can afford. If you race a great deal and change between classes and channels, buy a radio that's synth or spektrum with multi model memory.

Peace,
Socko
Old 05-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JonnySocko
Ahem,

The Z-1 is not synthesized. It can use the KO spektrum module.
Peace,
Socko

Go do a search on the radio.....It is coming with a synthesized module. Nevermind-here is the link, read for yourself and share it with your friends....
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...odID=JRP374075
Old 05-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

personally, I am passing up the DX-3 and waiting for the Z-1 to come out. Like someone else said, the whole spektrum craze can die down and get refined before I go out and buy one like a ton of others have. However because of which lots of channels are open at the track now since alot of the regulars are running spektrum in their system. The Z-1 has the removable module so for some reason you have to have the spektrum instead of the synthesized then you can go buy it and hold your stock module and rx as a spare.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

Now why would they go to the old XR3 radio case? The XR3i is shaped much better and feels better in your hand. And they give you some crappy servos to boot. At least they are headed in the right direction.

Last edited by Neil; 05-23-2005 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Fun
Old 05-24-2005, 01:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Spektrum DX3

Hi Guys,

I have been looking at getting the Sawana / Airtronics MX-3S Synthesized radio to overcome having to buy a heap of frequencies... I had looked at the Nomadio Sensor, but it is just way too expensive.

This new Spektrum DX3 is just about the right price, not too many features that will never get used or be illegal and the huge bonus of being on 2.4ghz and again not having to buy differenct cyrstals etc. It might not set the world on fire in apperence, but at the end of the day what is needed is a trigger and a wheel to go play cars

Keep up the good work Spektrum, i look forward to the release of the DX3!

H-O