Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
first 1/12 scale >

first 1/12 scale

first 1/12 scale

Old 01-11-2014, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default first 1/12 scale

My bday is coming up and I've been wanting to get into 12 scale racing. I'm thinking of the xray x12 14, associated or top rebel 12.
Associated and xray parts are readily available at my lhs.
Top parts are most likely easy to get at the track I'd be racing at since its the #1 choice for that class (I think).
Which car has the biggest setup window? At least till I get to know the car, most durable?
Also can I use a regular speedo? Or does it have to be 1S specific? ie hobbywing 3.1 or hobbywing 3.1 1s? Or does it matter? Thanks in advance
Old 01-11-2014, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

Setup wise they all have about the same settings. You can use a regular ESC but you'll have to use a booster or a receiver pack to power the electronics. Just have to mind the size of the ESC to make sure you can fit it in the car. They are all pretty durable. Just pick which of the 3 you like best.

More info here:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/californ...ll-so-cal.html

The main 1/12th thread here:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-12-forum.html