Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
3 Racing Sakura XI Sport >

3 Racing Sakura XI Sport

Like Tree344Likes

3 Racing Sakura XI Sport

Old 08-21-2013, 08:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The XI Sport handles pretty well as compared to the Zero S, has a lot more steering and grip (stock). Must be due to the design of the super narrow stock chassis. By the way, some parts for the Ultimate are exact fit for the XI Sport.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by spring71
Sakura XI Sport spare & hopup parts are in stock now.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...id=56&s_sort=3

FYI, thanks.
That's awesome, thanks for posting. Love that aluminum floating servo mount, and I really like the ultimate gear diff outer joints with the 4mm shaft cushions, to smooth up the back shafts. Some awesome upgrades.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Few questions. Is there anywhere to get setups for the sakura xi sport? Does the chassis for the ultimate work on the xi sport, is it for sale on it's own? what is the part # for front and rear anti roll bars for the xi sport?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 08-26-2013, 01:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BiggieFries
Few questions. Is there anywhere to get setups for the sakura xi sport? Does the chassis for the ultimate work on the xi sport, is it for sale on it's own? what is the part # for front and rear anti roll bars for the xi sport?

Thanks,
Chris
. I don't think the ultimate chassis will be a direct fit.
There is a chassis coming out http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=6474
Do a google search for set up sheets,there arn't that many yet being a relatively new car.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:28 AM
Tech Adept

Xi sport Setup from 3racing Facebook page
Attached Thumbnails 3 Racing Sakura XI Sport-image.jpg  
Old 08-26-2013, 03:19 AM
Tech Regular

Been reading this forum and debating getting the XI Sport with my Fathers Day cash. Was looking at the Turnigy TD-10 as well but I think I will just bite the bullet and go with the Sakura. Up til now I have been running a HPI Sprint 2 Flux in our Local SSF comp (England Park Raceway, QLD)

I will be replacing the HPI with the Sakura and hope to be able to upgrade the XI Sport with parts from the Ultimate to bring it up to Ultimate Specs eventually. I will be running it with the 10.5 T trackstar and hope it will improve my lap times and count.

Anyone know of good deals on the Sakura?
Old 08-26-2013, 03:54 AM
Tech Adept

Not sure about QLD. I got mine at Feral batteries Sydney. Rcmart have them pretty cheap if you need other stuff to fill up the freight.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have just brought a Xi Sport, almost finished building it. I notice the Xi Sports has no sway bars, what parts would I need to add sway bars front and back? Does part SAK-U316 have all the parts?

What other parts should I be looking at replacing / adding?

Ric
Old 08-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Yogi-
. I don't think the ultimate chassis will be a direct fit.
There is a chassis coming out http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=6474
Do a google search for set up sheets,there arn't that many yet being a relatively new car.

Xi sport Setup from 3racing Facebook page
THANKS Yogi!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ricardo40
I have just brought a Xi Sport, almost finished building it. I notice the Xi Sports has no sway bars, what parts would I need to add sway bars front and back? Does part SAK-U316 have all the parts?

What other parts should I be looking at replacing / adding?

Ric
+1
Old 09-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Questions?? BELT "FLUTTERING"/MAKING NOISE TURNING.

Is anyone having issues with their belt "fluttering"(making noise) or getting louder when you turn the wheels right or left about 40 degrees and above?

I just noticed this today and being a novice dont really have an idea why this is happening or if it is normal. My theory is because the wheels are connected to the front portion where the belt is connected and that this "warps" the angle the belt is making contact, just a theory.... I can notice the "flutter" from the bottom side view under the steering column, as far as I can see there is no rubbing and it only happens when I turn my wheel left/right.

The sound almost sounds like a playing card in a bike spoke if that helps describe it better.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Arsenal2012
Is anyone having issues with their belt "fluttering"(making noise) or getting louder when you turn the wheels right or left about 40 degrees
This isn't normal that I can tell. It should be smooth and quiet. Do you have the 1 piece or 2 piece front-rear suspension mount. Maybe your belts to loose. Or the out drives in the spool arnt in the right spot,this could throw it out of balance ? Has it done it form the beginning.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

This isn't normal that I can tell. It should be smooth and quiet. Do you have the 1 piece or 2 piece front-rear suspension mount. Maybe your belts to loose. Or the out drives in the spool arnt in the right spot,this could throw it out of balance ? Has it done it form the beginning.
It is the one piece spool. I dont believe the belt was loose, its got decent tension unless it loosend from the first couple of drives. I just noticed this right now, didnt check before I started driving it so I could not say if it was doing it before or not.
Ill do some more inspecting, any other ideas?
Old 09-12-2013, 03:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Been reading this forum and debating getting the XI Sport with my Fathers Day cash. Was looking at the Turnigy TD-10 as well but I think I will just bite the bullet and go with the Sakura. Up til now I have been running a HPI Sprint 2 Flux in our Local SSF comp (England Park Raceway, QLD)

I will be replacing the HPI with the Sakura and hope to be able to upgrade the XI Sport with parts from the Ultimate to bring it up to Ultimate Specs eventually. I will be running it with the 10.5 T trackstar and hope it will improve my lap times and count.

Anyone know of good deals on the Sakura?
I had a Sprint 2 Drift and tried racing it. Didn't like and decided to get a new car. I was between the Sakura XI Sport and the Ultimate. I went ahead and got the Ultimate. I just finished building it and it looks awesome, didn't get the chance to try it out though. The reason I got this is eventually the XI Sport will cost the same as an Ultimate with all the upgrades. I got mine for €250 from ebay, it came from Hong Kong.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi,

Looking at getting myself an XI sport... Is it possible to change the internal ration so I could use smaller pinions (which I already have).

Thank you,
Martin

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.