R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree3Likes

Old 03-19-2017, 10:11 AM   #1171
Tech Rookie

The stock servo horn is weak. Maybe it is wearing out and slipping.

Henrik
Kirneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:34 PM   #1172
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The kit servo horn would best be replaced with something like a Kimbrough servo saver.
(0000000000) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:39 PM   #1173
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by (0000000000) View Post
The kit servo horn would best be replaced with something like a Kimbrough servo saver.
Thanks. I will order Kimbrough servo saver.
Is the mid size one OK ?
Kimbrough Mid-Size Servo Saver - 23, 24, 25 Spline Drive, With Holes

Thanks
julieng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:26 AM   #1174
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I use Kimbrough part number #114.It is a small servo saver and works well on my xi sport.
D4 RWD
Mudster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 01:03 AM   #1175
Tech Rookie

I have metal servo horn, but I have the trim issue too. The slightest knock and I have to adjust the trim. Sometimes this is just through hitting a kerb slightly too hard.

I appreciate the fix is to not crash, but I'm new to RC (started in Feb) and have started in TC which was probably a mistake, as they are much more fragile than buggies. However, me and my little 100 car are starting to make in roads into the guys who have been doing it for many years. Good setup advice here had certainly helped!
Buroz888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 04:48 AM   #1176
Tech Adept

Trim issues are either mechanical in the steering linkage, which should be examined first - I had some cases where a screw was just loose. For the XI check also the rear uprights, if the upper linkage is not torn out. The rest is in the servo itself. Especially the combination of a basic servo with a metal horn is very susceptible to not centering well after even a small hit.

I had the issue when using a Savox servo with a metal horn. The servo was in a pretty bad shape already though, I think I was on the fourth set of gears already. Keep in mind that every hit does some damage and not only to the gears but the case and all other parts of the servo as well.

I switched to an Expert servo with Xray servo saver and don't have any problems since. But I understand that a 100 usd servo is overkill for most. If you already have issues, I recommend to replace the servo and use a servo saver. Run a metal horn only if you are confident enough not to crash, or are ready to replace the servo frequently.
perzeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:46 PM   #1177
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Need some help. I had the boys buy their own rc cars for carpet racing, XI Sport. They finally had an opportunity to run them the last couple of weekends. I know the car was inexpensive to buy, the reason why I had them use their own money, but I didn't count on how fragile the car would be. They both broke one of the spool cups. I'm having a hard time trying to find a replacement part, or upgrade if possible. Are there other option parts/upgrades for the front end.

Thanks
Old 03-31-2017, 10:49 AM   #1178
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
Need some help. I had the boys buy their own rc cars for carpet racing, XI Sport. They finally had an opportunity to run them the last couple of weekends. I know the car was inexpensive to buy, the reason why I had them use their own money, but I didn't count on how fragile the car would be. They both broke one of the spool cups. I'm having a hard time trying to find a replacement part, or upgrade if possible. Are there other option parts/upgrades for the front end.

Thanks
Check tqracing.com they have lots of parts for the Sakura xi sport.
dorkboy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:23 PM   #1179
Tech Master

3RACING

The plastic spool is good, as it prevents the other parts from stressing.

If the kids are new to racing and still getting their feet wet, it may be a good idea to install a front diff with steel out drives:

3RACING

If ordering from asia, it is always a good idea to pay the express shipping. The alternative is to see if TQRacing has them in stock (domestic shipping).
Old 04-01-2017, 04:29 AM   #1180
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by (0000000000) View Post
3RACING

The plastic spool is good, as it prevents the other parts from stressing.

If the kids are new to racing and still getting their feet wet, it may be a good idea to install a front diff with steel out drives:

3RACING

If ordering from asia, it is always a good idea to pay the express shipping. The alternative is to see if TQRacing has them in stock (domestic shipping).
The kids are still new especially to carpet. Is there a parts guide with party numbers? I don't happen to have the instruction book in front of me but I don't remember seeing part numbers.
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:29 AM   #1181
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
The kids are still new especially to carpet. Is there a parts guide with party numbers? I don't happen to have the instruction book in front of me but I don't remember seeing part numbers.
TQracing.com has a parts store that will show all the parts for the model of RC that you choose. When on there site look on the left column for parts store then find 3racing and the Sakura xi sport and it will list parts they have for it.
dorkboy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:15 PM   #1182
Tech Master

Part numbers are in the links I provided.
These part numbers can be found at the 3racing website, under the spare parts tab for the sport xi.
Also available in the manual.
Tqrcacing also has a parts tab.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:55 PM   #1183
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieng View Post
My son and I have 2 Sakura XI sport with same Trackstar d99x servo.
We always have to adjust steering trim to make the car go straight.
I am new to touring but I never had it do this so often with my buggies.

After very small crashes we always have to trim the steering which is annoying.

Is there something wrong? Should I add servo saver ? XI sport does not seem to have one.

Thanks in advance for your help!
i thought his came with a servo saver.the gold n silver springs? dont over tighten it, as it binds.its like the tamiya high torque servo saver
gravediggerNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:39 AM   #1184
Tech Rookie

I bought a spare while car in the end, as it was only 90 delivered from RcMart.com, which is very cheap when you add up all the bits they/I will need individually.
Otherwise I order my other bits from either them or eBay. All come quickly usually.

I can recommend the Ali arms for when they are getting up to speed. A little heavier, but much stronger. I hope to go back to the plastic ones in a few weeks, as I am crashing less now

The car is cheap, but I'm starting to make in roads. Just need to fine tune the handling to my liking and get more consistent. Bieber, should I be looking at the carbon chassis replacement? I assume it's lighter, but also gives a little bit more flex (I race outside)?
Texas Postman likes this.
Buroz888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:46 PM   #1185
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Gear diff leaking

Does anyone have any tips for sealing the rear gear diff on a Xi sport?
I just rebuilt mine with new gasket and o rings. And the thing is still leaking oil out.
Using 2000 wt oil and I am careful when building. I think might have to use some sort of gasket sealant??
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks.
Mudster is offline   Reply With Quote