R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2016, 08:14 PM   #1081
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 40
Default

CobiRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:17 PM   #1082
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 40
Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psJPedWQpI4
CobiRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:02 PM   #1083
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 40
Default

Hi, Iīm looking for a spring set for Sakura XI Sport. Found this on Rc Mart. http://www.rcmart.com/spring-set-for...?cPath=389_443
Could you tell me if it is ok?.

Thanks
Cobi RC
CobiRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:30 PM   #1084
Tech Master
 
(0000000000)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,039
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Should be fine i use these ones:

http://www.rcmart.com/yeah-racing-p-...?cPath=389_443
__________________
My Original USER ID was 0000000000. But now it doesn't seem to work.
(0000000000) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:22 PM   #1085
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by (0000000000) View Post
Thanks for the info. Yeah Racing itīs a better brand. Iīll buy them.
CobiRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:39 PM   #1086
Tech Regular
 
longuylander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Long Island
Posts: 307
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Yeah, you'll be better off with the Yeah Racing springs. The other ones are too long at 31mm.
longuylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:05 PM   #1087
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 223
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

What's a good starting gearing for running USGT (21.5) with the XI sport? or FDR?
xjwolfpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:22 PM   #1088
Tech Master
 
(0000000000)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,039
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Got details about the track and what your electronics are?
__________________
My Original USER ID was 0000000000. But now it doesn't seem to work.
(0000000000) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:50 PM   #1089
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 223
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by (0000000000) View Post
Got details about the track and what your electronics are?
Here's what the track looks like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwsrACeGINc

New Black CRC carpet = super high grip. The 17.5 TC guys are running Sorex 28R's or 32's, with SXT 3.0 lite sauce.


I'll be running in USGT with:
XI chassis with basically all possible aluminum upgrades
Spool/One-way in front
21.5 Fantom FR-1 motor
Trackstar 120a esc (running in blinky)
Turnigy Nano-tech shorty packs (4600's)
USGT spec tires
Radiopost blue 1005m servo (.04 transit)
64pitch gears

Any tips on gearing, FDR, or general setup starting points would be greatly appreciated! Springs, oils, etc.

Thanks!
xjwolfpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 05:59 PM   #1090
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 40
Default

About the spool. I just bought this part SAK-59/V2/PK, do you know if fits XI Sport.

Thanks
Cobi RC
CobiRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:06 PM   #1091
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 223
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobiRC View Post
About the spool. I just bought this part SAK-59/V2/PK, do you know if fits XI Sport.

Thanks
Cobi RC
Sorry, not sure. . I bought this used, so not exactly sure which spool came with mine
xjwolfpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:13 AM   #1092
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 223
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjwolfpacker View Post
Here's what the track looks like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwsrACeGINc

New Black CRC carpet = super high grip. The 17.5 TC guys are running Sorex 28R's or 32's, with SXT 3.0 lite sauce.


I'll be running in USGT with:
XI chassis with basically all possible aluminum upgrades
Spool/One-way in front
21.5 Fantom FR-1 motor
Trackstar 120a esc (running in blinky)
Turnigy Nano-tech shorty packs (4600's)
USGT spec tires
Radiopost blue 1005m servo (.04 transit)
64pitch gears

Any tips on gearing, FDR, or general setup starting points would be greatly appreciated! Springs, oils, etc.

Thanks!
Any takers?

Really most interested in rear diff oil and a general FDR for a 21.5 motor if anyone's got a suggestion. That way I can at least get the driveline all assembled for now. I can always tweak the shock oil, setup, etc later on at the track.
xjwolfpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:43 AM   #1093
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 265
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Getting my first touring car to see how I like it. Local track is a smaller carpet track but I also plan on messing around in front of the house, etc. I was going to get the BSR BT-4 before finding out for an extra 10 bucks the Sakura XI Sport was just a nicer version with a bit more aluminum on it so it seems like that is the way to go.

On a lot of the reviews for the BSR they say that the chassis would flex too much for motors below 10.5 or so. Would you guys agree with that for the Sakura? Stick to a 10.5 or larger? I don't want to throw too much motor at the chassis but I typically run a 6.5/7.5t in Mod Buggy/Mod Truck so that was what i was leaning towards.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:20 PM   #1094
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus View Post
Getting my first touring car to see how I like it. Local track is a smaller carpet track but I also plan on messing around in front of the house, etc. I was going to get the BSR BT-4 before finding out for an extra 10 bucks the Sakura XI Sport was just a nicer version with a bit more aluminum on it so it seems like that is the way to go.

On a lot of the reviews for the BSR they say that the chassis would flex too much for motors below 10.5 or so. Would you guys agree with that for the Sakura? Stick to a 10.5 or larger? I don't want to throw too much motor at the chassis but I typically run a 6.5/7.5t in Mod Buggy/Mod Truck so that was what i was leaning towards.
There is not much aluminum on the XI Sport to be honest. Just the motor mount, shims, two stiffeners and the shock caps. All else is plastic.

For a technical carpet track even a 17.5 is a challenge to drive without major incidents. Check what classes they run at your track. 6.5/7.5 is sort of a no-man's land, not fast enough for mod and not allowed for stock. The chassis can take the mod motors, but will not generate enough traction to be competitive, especially on carpet where most top guys run a aluminum chassis that is even stiffer than carbon and miles ahead of the FRP on the Sakura. In stock you could be competitive depending on what level the others are.
perzeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:07 PM   #1095
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: The Dirty D
Posts: 42
Default

Ok, new username (because my old one sucked). But still looking for some guidance here...


New Black CRC carpet = super high grip. The 17.5 TC guys are running Sorex 28R's or 32's, with SXT 3.0 lite sauce.

Running USGT with:
XI chassis with basically all possible aluminum upgrades
Spool/One-way in front
21.5 Fantom FR-1 motor
USGT spec tires

**update**

Ok, so after a few hours of practicing and some tuning, I'm still traction rolling like crazy for the first 5 minutes or so...It seems once the tire sauce wears off (or the tires really heat up from 5+ minutes of driving?), it settles down and doesnt quite traction roll near as bad.

I've super glued 1/2 the outside of the front tires. Running SXT 3.0 "Lite".
5.5 springs front/rear
TLR 40wt oil front/rear
1000w rear diff fluid
5.2mm front/rear ride height
FDR: ~3.4:1

My hot lap is just a few tenths off from the other fast guys, but i'm still much too inconsistent as a driver.

Anyone have a good setup for the black CRC carpet? Tight/technical track.
halfghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:09 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net