1: yes the zero swaybars will work. You will need SAK U106 to mount the swaybars, as they directly bolt "into" the XI arms.
2:yes. Front and back arms are a direct bolt on.
3: Everything except the steering system, bulkheads, and diff cams is interchangeable between the two cars.
4: multiply your spur/pinion ratio by 2.0. You achieve 2.0 on the Xi sport by dividing your diff (38 teeth) over your pulley (19 teeth). Aim for a final drive Ratio of 4.2 with a 17.5 motor. It will be slower than other cars, but until you are comfortable with handling the speed, there is no point in crashing faster.
5: use the setting in the kit manual (it's a good universal setup) until you are comfortable and understand the car. Telling you to put softer springs in the back right now would be pointless, until you understand what softer springs do.
6:get a team associated 66 tooth spur, and attach a 29 tooth pinion (both 48 pitch). This will get you to the 4.2 final drive ratio. 48 pitch gears will give you more durability than a 64 pitch, if you are just starting out.
7: fiddle around with a swaybar kit and spring kit when you have a good grasp of the car. Sak U106 is needed, as already mentioned, to mount the swaybars. Get the 66 tooth team associated spur. The stock one is too big. Buy extra knuckles, arms, and c hubs. If you are worried about crashing a lot, buy a diff to put into the front and fill it with 200K. It will make the car easier to drive than the plastic spool, and 10 times less likely to break upon impact.
Welcome to onroad touring cars. Don't feel that your $80 touring car is inferior to others. It's always fun to know that my $80 car can beat guys running 10 times more expensive equipment.
Originally Posted by alex_blais
Completely new to touring cars and many things I would like to know. Thanks in advance guys:
1. Since sway bar kit are all BO. Can I use the ones from Zero S if I buy the arms from Zero S? What else would I need to buy for this to fit? Wheel carriers?
2. Do the arms from Zero S fit this car?
3. What parts are compatible with Zero S and Ultimate? Does anyone have a chart?
4. What the heck does FDR mean?
5. Whats a good setup for diff fluid, shock fluid and shock piston hole size?
6. With 17.5 motor, what pinion should I use on 2S with stock gearing?
7. Any other must have hop ups aside from sway bars?
Hey thanks again guys looking forward to testing this bad boy on an indoor 40 x 80' carpet track.