R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2014, 07:16 PM   #466
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 35
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD View Post
You can adjust the end points or travel of your steering on your transmitter.
My EPA for steering is 100%. But, there's a room for steering to go further for few more degree. However, it seems like the servo is on its maximum radius.
jourdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:17 PM   #467
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 35
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by (0000000000) View Post
Toe-Out will also give you more steering.

If you are looking for crazy amounts of ackerman, you are probably trying to drift. If that's the case, the Sakura D3 knuckles are probably a direct bolt on.

IMO, a good "driver" can drift without the crazy amounts of ackerman.
My xi sport is for touring purpose. I asked just because I saw other have high degree of steering angle.
jourdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #468
Tech Fanatic
 
(0000000000)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 971
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Many racers don't normally run max epa with max steering, as its found to be way too twitchy. In fact, most people will take away some steering responsiveness by adding a front swaybar.

What's your current setup, and what would you like to see improved?
__________________
My Original USER ID was 0000000000. But now it doesn't seem to work.
(0000000000) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 02:24 PM   #469
Tech Fanatic
 
(0000000000)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 971
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Here's my racer. Pic is a year old, but the look is pretty much the same.

__________________
My Original USER ID was 0000000000. But now it doesn't seem to work.
(0000000000) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:29 AM   #470
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 190
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys I got a sakura zero and was thinking of getting the sakura ultimate
what are the pros and cons of me changing
thanks for any help
heartostone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 02:53 AM   #471
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 190
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Well this is a dead thread. Lol ive just purchased a sakura ultimate 2014 will post pics when i get it
heartostone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #472
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by (0000000000) View Post
Need to ream a hole into the ball-cup end. The ball-stud end mounts directly into the A-arm. There is a mounting ring inside the kit (bolted down with a pair of tiny screws) to allow you to bolt the ball-stud end onto the A-arms.

Came across this as I am revisiting the thread. I was missing bag 8 which had the a arm mounts in it, problem solved and 3racing sent out a new bag. Thanks 0000000
Canuck5902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:59 PM   #473
jcr
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 394
Default

Picking up an XI sport today just wondering what is a generally good setup to start with for a medium grip asphalt track? Also what parts I should stock up on (if it breaks easily) or upgrade?
jcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:53 PM   #474
Tech Addict
 
Dobbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr View Post
Picking up an XI sport today just wondering what is a generally good setup to start with for a medium grip asphalt track? Also what parts I should stock up on (if it breaks easily) or upgrade?
Just start with the recommended build settings as a guideline and go from there based on handling. May want to ask the local guys what setups they have and kind of adopt to fit your car as needed. I know it always varies by car but alot of times similar car setups can transfer over from chassis to chassis.
As far as parts go definitely get some steering knuckles and hub carriers. Also should get a set of front/rear A arms too. I bought the composite ones over the stock ones and they hold up well without breaking the bank.
Dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:25 PM   #475
jcr
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
Just start with the recommended build settings as a guideline and go from there based on handling. May want to ask the local guys what setups they have and kind of adopt to fit your car as needed. I know it always varies by car but alot of times similar car setups can transfer over from chassis to chassis.
As far as parts go definitely get some steering knuckles and hub carriers. Also should get a set of front/rear A arms too. I bought the composite ones over the stock ones and they hold up well without breaking the bank.
Thanks. Any "must have" upgrades I should consider?
jcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:08 PM   #476
Tech Addict
 
Dobbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr View Post
Thanks. Any "must have" upgrades I should consider?
Just get a set of touring springs for different rates and you will be all set. It's a great kit right out of the box.
Dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:38 PM   #477
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 35
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
Just get a set of touring springs for different rates and you will be all set. It's a great kit right out of the box.
Hi,

Is this set of damper good for XI sport? Do you have any better recommendation?

rcmart.com/year-racing-xpress-shockgear-50mm-damper-touring-p-36296.html?cPath=389_390

Regards,
jourdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:53 PM   #478
Tech Addict
 
Dobbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdan View Post
Hi,

Is this set of damper good for XI sport? Do you have any better recommendation?

rcmart.com/year-racing-xpress-shockgear-50mm-damper-touring-p-36296.html?cPath=389_390

Regards,
Those are not bad, although you don't need the actual shocks since the XI sport comes with the same shocks but for that price it doesn't hurt to have a backup set. I actually use those spring sets on my M06. They are nice and have a great progression for tuning.
Dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:33 PM   #479
jcr
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 394
Default

Planning on running 17.5T what gear ratios do you guys recommend if using the stock 85T 48 pitch spur or would you recommend another combination?
jcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #480
Tech Addict
 
Dobbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr View Post
Planning on running 17.5T what gear ratios do you guys recommend if using the stock 85T 48 pitch spur or would you recommend another combination?
Switch it up to 64p gears. Usually the baseline is around 4.00 for FDR and the XI Sport has a 2:1 internal ratio so gearing is easy. Otherwise you may want to drop down to the range of say a 58t/29t spur/pinion in 48 pitch to achieve a 4.00 FDR and check your lap times and motor temps from there. I am running VTA on a 25.5 Novak with full timing and an FDR of 3.92 and my temps are around 140 after a 6 minute run. My gearing is set at 64p gears with a 94t spur and 48t pinion.
Dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:55 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0