Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stolen XXX-S/M8/& MORE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2002, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Default Stolen XXX-S/M8/& MORE!!!

This is NOT a joke. Radio, car, etc........stolen from the ROCKS race on 8-11-2 in Fairfield. These items belong to Clint Riley.

STOLEN! Triple XXX-S with graphite chassis, M8 radio, KO dual filter receiver (27 band - w/red #2), Cyclone TC2, P2K2 motor, front one way, threaded shocks, new SMH 6 cell pack, personal transponder.

IF ANY OF THESE ITEMS SHOW UP AT YOUR TRACK OR HOBBYSHOP.....there IS a reward offered for the return of the items & conviction of the THIEVES!

These items were stolen TODAY 8-11-02 at the ROCKS race in Fairfield!!!!!
Old 08-11-2002, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Email me or [email protected]
Old 08-11-2002, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

MAN that pisses me off!!!!

Sorry to hear about that Clint

If they show up in TN with the stuff, you won't have to worry about convicting them...

Was there any special marks or markings on the radio etc that people could use to recognize the stuff?
Old 08-12-2002, 05:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by BigDogRacing
MAN that pisses me off!!!!

Sorry to hear about that Clint

If they show up in TN with the stuff, you won't have to worry about convicting them...

Was there any special marks or markings on the radio etc that people could use to recognize the stuff?
My radio had personal name sticker's on it but they can be taken off and I had my personal transponder in the car. I didn't have the number written down anywhere but I contacted the track where I race at the most to get my number so that I can give it to surrounding tracks to keep an eye out for it. Other than that I'm just SOL
Old 08-12-2002, 08:44 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Where was the stuff taken from? The car/radio combo makes it sound like somebody just grabbed it off of a tech table after a heat or something.

That's pretty lame. Hopefully it shows up somewhere.
Old 08-12-2002, 09:35 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Someone made off with a XX-4 out of the back of someone's car yesterday. We called the hobbyshop, alt let them know... they are almost as bad as a pawn shop when it comes to RC stuff.

Shane - They also attempted to take Lenny's V1R, but droped it while running.

Mean people suck.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Clint- I feel your pain. I have been where you are at. I've had a RC car taken off of my pit table never to be seen again and also my real car dissapear without a trace. Some times life sucks.

Chad
Old 08-12-2002, 05:43 PM
Tech Champion

The car and radio were taken off of my pit table. I was running my gas main and had the electric car ready for my stock main which was 2 heats after my gas main. After gas was over I went to the pits to quickly peak my battery only to find my car and radio missing. This happened at the Rocks race in fairfield, CA yesterday. Killer race that had a very bad ending. Thanks again for everyone's kind words.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

STLNLST

Sorry to hear about your XXX-S and other stuff getting pinched at ROCKS this past weekend.

Hope you find it.

If you want, PM me details and on the personal transponder number and I'll look out for them.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Now that's fu**ed up!

STNLST, do any hobby shops in Cali sell Used R/C cars and equipment? If so, you could contact them to let them know about your situation which might help you to locate your stuff again. I don't know-I'm just trying to help.
Old 08-13-2002, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

To all my race homies.......My insurance is covering my loss. Good thing for home owner's insurance. Thank you to everyone that stepped (sp) up to the plate. There are so many people that came to my aid but I'd like to thank the immediate people that really know me on a personal level. (not taking anything away from my GREAT friends at various tracks.)

I'd like to thank Billy & Tracy Bowerman of Speedworld raceway for everything they have done or plan to do in the future. Your offer was warmly appreciated. Scott T. of STRC for his full support and offerings. Tom E. for offering everything you own to me. JMO for offering to do the same. Bigdog for following in Tom & JMO's foot steps.

I couldn't name everyone but there's one thing that everyone should know.......THANK YOU for rallying up for a fallen racer. I look forward to racing with you all in the next couple of weeks. We all know how long it takes an insurance company to cut a check.

Respectfully,

Clint Riley

AKA STLNLST
Old 08-14-2002, 05:25 AM
Tech Addict

It's usually preteens that steal stuff at the track, i usually have somebody guard my stuff or i lock it up in my car, or it's guys that are jealous of you, so they jack your stuff, if somebody jacks my stuff i would give them the old bat then turn them in
Old 08-14-2002, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

i just would like to give people a good hint. I personally got my stuff stolen at a track before and that f***in sucks. But now that my buddies and I go together it hasnt happened. While I race my xxx-s, my buddies are getting ready for the nitro races. They watch my stuff, I watch theirs. It helps a bit, but then again there aren't that many people in my town, so I know who could have taken my stuff.

I hope you catch those B's so that nothing like this happens in the future.

Can't we just race together.
Old 08-14-2002, 03:59 PM
R/C Tech Founder

STLNLST: Good to hear you're getting some money back. I never realized how great insurance was until I had a car broken in to a couple years ago. In the process of ripping out the stereo the thieves shorted out my electrical system (probably due to my terrible stereo install, I was running patch wires every which way... heh) and it took about 3 grand to get the car working again. I'll never laugh at insurance again!

Keep on racin'!
Old 08-14-2002, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

It would make my day to see someone running my car at a race I was at. But this isn't the movies so the chances of that happening are few a far between (my mom always says that but what the hell does it actually mean?) I should be back on the racing scene soon. I glad that I haven't been that big of an ass to people because it was really nice to see how many true friends I have. Thanks to all. Insurance is very nice to have. It sucks that you pay all of this money for it and never use it but for the first time in 10 years of paying it I actually needed it.