R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-18-2005, 03:24 PM   #16
Tech Adept
Send a message via AIM to KSI

Originally posted by greencactus3
just to pop in another option. inventor8. or have they come out with a 9 by now? im not sure. its by far the most userfriendly 3d modeling program i have used. (which btw isnt too many).
Solid works is known for its ease to use. And out of all the programs I have used (which is a good amount) its the fastest and easiest to learn. Its not nearly as powerful as Catia, Delmia, or Pro E but for stuff like this it gets the job done.

As far as making things go you can check out www.cnczone.com they have a RTF forum. If you have something 2D(like a shock tower) and find some one with a flojet you can sometimes find stuff for under $100.

Also I noticed your using a older version of solid works. The 05 release is really nice, its got some nice plug ins to like revised COSMOS Express and Edrawings which is kind of pointless but cool at the same time.
KSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 03:56 PM   #17
Tech Master
Send a message via Yahoo to Mike D

Originally posted by 1fastdude
Pro-e has only a few advantages. 1 being complex surfacing. Other than that SolidWorks is awesome software. Very user friendly.
Pro/E Wildfire really tries to simplify the design interface and makes the program look and feel more like windows. My work still uses Pro/E 2001 as a standard though.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 04:17 PM   #18
Tech Regular

I've heard if you can use Pro-E, you can use SolidWorks. Is that reasonably true? Everytime I see Losi and Associated list designer jobs on their sites, they asked for SolidWorks experience. I always wonder how my Pro-E experience carries over for that reason. (Actually sent them a resume when I graduated, just in case they happened to be looking at the time )

I have training tomorrow and Friday in preparation for my employer's change over to Wildfire (from Pro-E 2000?). Based on what's been said here, I'm now a little more curious to see what they've changed. Should be interesting! (If nothing else it gets me out of the office for a couple days! )
TLR 22 | TLR 22-4 | TLR 8ight-E 3.0 | Losi XXX-T
Juan Valdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 04:50 PM   #19

Dassault makes Solid Works, the same company that makes Catia

Last edited by Mal; 05-18-2005 at 05:06 PM.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:31 PM   #20
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here's another place that can make your parts-they have a very good reputation in the dirt oval community- http://www.dynotech-racing.com/
DrOlds is offline   Reply With Quote