Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
a bunch of question on 1/12....pls help >

a bunch of question on 1/12....pls help

a bunch of question on 1/12....pls help

Old 05-16-2005, 02:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Red face a bunch of question on 1/12....pls help

1.is VFS-1 (with its original setting) good for 4 cell, 8/9T 1/12?

2. can i use receiver pack if i use a VFS-1?

3. and....the receiver pack..what battery to be used? how many of them for 1 pack? do u need to discharge them after 1 pack of running and then recharge them? or do u simply re-peak them? how do u charge them? (how many A?) how do u discharge them?

3. After using sand paper to smooth out the edge of my jaco foam...i found that the area i sanded was really hot, soft and sticky....so here comes the question....is it ok to use a tire warmer instead of traction juice? and/or can u use them together?and if yes, how?

pardon me...too many question here....

Old 05-16-2005, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Well first off if you got questions bout 12th ask it in the 12th thread, ok now yes the vfs-1 pro works fine with 8/9 turn motors, next yes it can use a receiver pack use a lightbulb pack there great, next off you shouldnt need to use tire warmers your better off using traction compound, and and the edges of your wheels are sticky because you probably took off too much rubber when sanding it so it got hot.

Theres my 2 1/2 cents
Old 05-16-2005, 02:08 PM
TEM
Tech Regular

The speedo is fine. If you had to ask these questions, I don't think you should play with a RX pack right now!, you got plenty other things to worry about and you probably aren't there yet in skills to notice the advantage of a RX pack. As for your foams, go to the tool shop and buy yourself a nice coarse file for rounding edges; they cut faster and doesn't melt the the foam. And lastly, you HAVE to use traction compound. Melting foam is sticky, warm/hot foam is NOT, and foams don't stay warm or get warm like rubbers do over the run.