R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default New to the scene help

I've been racing offroad for a couple years now. 1/10 Shortcourse, 1/8 4wd electric buggy and 1/10 2wd buggy. Recently I came across a deal on some 1/10 touring cars and I'm taking a whack at it. Now I'm realizing the differences!

I got (3) xray T1FK05's for a great deal. Basically I'm going to make 2 good cars to race with and have 1 as parts. I'm sure the first question is what do I plan to race? I'm not really sure. I figure it will be in a mod class. The closest track to me is Mike's hobby - Gulf Coast Raceway, to anyone familiar with it. It is a paved track that is a pretty good size. So, I need a setup that will be good for high speed.

I have a few options for electronics. I was planning on using my havoc pro with 6.5T 540 system, and gearing way up for speed. I also have a mamba max and a 17.5 revtech R-power (gold/blue).

I also got a few sets of rubber and foam tires to try out what I liked.

So initially I installed the ballistic motor and realized my 48p pinions won't work. Out of the 3 cars (1) had a 48p spur. I'm assuming the other 2 are 64p? So my question is: For the electronics listed, what would be a handful of good pinion sizes to get? If I need to invest in another 17.5 or 13.5 motor I will.

For any xray experts out there, how do I decipher what sort of diffs I have? I know there are some different ones. Everything I got came with some extra parts bins. I just want the best setup that will work for me.

I realize there are many variables here. But any advice is appreciated. Best way I can put it is I want a setup that is 70/30 split for top speed/torque. I may not even actually race these and just run them at a track for fun. But, I have (2) electric 4tecs and a tamiya TL-01 to just bash with. Thanks.
Ishsquish is offline   Reply With Quote