Search

HW V3.1 vs MM Fleta Pro!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Post HW V3.1 vs MM Fleta Pro!

Need advice.

I'm fairly new to touring cars but have my mind set on two ESC's, I know that both are world class esc's.

I'm in between HW V3.1 and MM Fleta Pro, which should I choose? Does the fan size matter? What other difference are there if any? Program card differences? Software?

I want the best possible combo, I'll be running mod and have my eyes set on one of these motor's, HW V10 or Fleta ZX both 4,5R, which esc + motor combination is best?

Thx for replying!
Old 03-27-2014, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

For out and out performance the Fleta Pro and Fleta ZX motor combo would probably be best. If is quite an aggressive setup and some drivers have found the fleta pro too aggressive for them. I had Jang from Muchmore setup mine at TITC and I much preferred it to the HW 3.1 I had used previously.

The program cards and setup methods are similar between the two and so this shouldn't influence your choice. Both would be run on stock software which gives you the options for timing boost and hybrid boost settings etc. Some of the modified softwares don't give you those options. The Fleta s/w does however.

As you say either one is world class and probably the best esc/motor brands out there. The only other would be the Speed Passion Reventon 1.1. Ultimately I think the fleta has the edge over the HW and I love both.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

The HW v3.1 is one of the top ESCs on the market, but I'm partial to HW.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan_vector
As you say either one is world class and probably among the best esc/motor brands out there. Another would be the Speed Passion Reventon 1.1. Ultimately I think the fleta has the edge over the HW and I love both.
Took the liberty und edited it just a little bit. Sounds a little less exclusive that way (as there are a few other products on that level as well - at least in my opinion).
Old 03-27-2014, 01:52 PM
Tech Adept

I have quite a few Reventons (Basically difference between that and Muchmore is the firmware, and I did load the MM software on the SPs) but they all die on the track for no reason. I know someone working at SP (who also OEM for Muchmore) and he uses HW, go figure.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thx for the replies! Helps me and alot of others with same questions.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blackshark3
I have quite a few Reventons (Basically difference between that and Muchmore is the firmware, and I did load the MM software on the SPs) but they all die on the track for no reason. I know someone working at SP (who also OEM for Muchmore) and he uses HW, go figure.
Except the latest reventon 1.1 and the fleta pro both have independent hardware designs as well as bespoke softwares. Prior versions shared hardware however now that isn't the case.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by blackshark3
The SP is different to the Fleta Pro. Earlier versions of speed passion and fleta's were all Hobbywing Esc's.

The reventon is made just for speed passion, the fleta Pro is also its own esc.

I have the hobbywing, fleta pro and had a reventon. The revention was iffy, it was a pain to program. The HW is great, easy to use and feels quality, the Fleta is also easy to use and I find it very smooth and responsive. I use the fleta pro in my main car and the Hobbywing in the spare.

They are all good (the SP reventon less so) the orca is also meant to be very nice but I haven't used it.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirkW
Took the liberty und edited it just a little bit. Sounds a little less exclusive that way (as there are a few other products on that level as well - at least in my opinion).
Such as......

Orion R10 Pro & Vortex VST2
Current 2wd off-road and TC world champion

LRP Flow Works Team & X20
Current 4wd off-road world champion and (I think) 2014 TC champ

Those can't be too bad a choice.

The orion is about to be superseded though, with a new version which is basically the guts of a HW V3.1 funnily enough...