Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity kill shot motors

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
I would put money on the 0deg endbell timing being the cause of the failures... Zero on the Killshot is actually a true zero degree alignment, which is 30deg below most other motor's nominal zero position.
Thats exactly what I had in mind. If the motors blow up at zero timing then maybe they shouldn't have put zero on the can. Our rules are different for sure but this is the only motor with the "true" zero. Funny thing is that these motors were just as fast as anything else out there (with 30 degrees less timing mind you). Doesn't seem right to me. I'll try contacting trinity and see what they can do. Thanks guys!
Old 10-07-2013, 05:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Some advice please, my thunder power motor has come to the end of its life. I run 13.5 blinky in a gt12 (12th scale). The track is 20m (66ft) x 14m (46ft). See the video for a typical track:

barleymowrccc/video

With the thunder power i used to run 37.5* with a rollout 60mm/rev to 68mm/rev.

I am thinking of replacing the motor with this one: REV1601T (High Torque)

Would this be a good choice? If so what sort of rollout and timing should i be looking at?
Old 10-12-2013, 03:18 AM
Tech Regular

TThinking of one for my mi5 i know as stock it wont fit but is the endbell the one with 2 holes side by side top and bottom,a part number would be great and what to go for rpm or torque,for a carpet track large 30x20 meters
Thanks and i rough gearing
Old 10-30-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have a question about FDR for 13.5T RPM Killshot on open track with 50-60M straight.
I just ordered this motor and plan to fit HT 12.5mm rotor in it as well.
Any suggestion for FDR and Timing?

Thanks.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Start around 3.5 at 35 degrees of timing
Old 10-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sashimi999
I have a question about FDR for 13.5T RPM Killshot on open track with 50-60M straight.
I just ordered this motor and plan to fit HT 12.5mm rotor in it as well.
Any suggestion for FDR and Timing?

Thanks.
Actually for a 13.5 try a 4.0ish fdr and timing at 58*!
Old 10-31-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Josh I bought a 21.5 Killshot I have been running the timing at 40*/45* the performance was of the motor was ok but I thought it should have more. I smoked my 17.5 motor and know I don't want to take the timing too far. So should itake the timing to 58*. I don't want to smoke this motor.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vivo quevas
Josh I bought a 21.5 Killshot I have been running the timing at 40*/45* the performance was of the motor was ok but I thought it should have more. I smoked my 17.5 motor and know I don't want to take the timing too far. So should itake the timing to 58*. I don't want to smoke this motor.
Your gonna have a pm!
Old 11-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hey folks, I'm new to running a Killshot and am looking for some advice...

How do you adjust the timing at the endbell? I loosened the two screws and tried to advance the timing, but it wouldn't budge. It's got a range from 0-80 degrees and is currently at ~57*. Does something else need to happen in order to adjust the timing? With the screws loose I couldn't advance or retard the timing.

Also, the motor I'm running is an RPM version (17.5 running in TC Blinky). It seems a bit sluggish out of the corners of our med/large asphalt track. Current gearing is at 3.80 FDR and top speed seems to be on par with most other cars. But I'm getting pulled a couple feet out of the corners.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Tommy
Old 11-14-2013, 01:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Maybe the screws are not loosen enough?
You may have to take them out and insert a 1.5mm hex driver into one of holes to turn the timing bell.
If it still can't help. Take apart rear panel and sand the part that hold the timing bell. '_'
For the large track. I run 3.5 fdr and 55 degree timing for starting point.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommy R

How do you adjust the timing at the endbell? I loosened the two screws and tried to advance the timing, but it wouldn't budge. It's got a range from 0-80 degrees and is currently at ~57*. Does something else need to happen in order to adjust the timing? With the screws loose I couldn't advance or retard the timing.

Also, the motor I'm running is an RPM version (17.5 running in TC Blinky). It seems a bit sluggish out of the corners of our med/large asphalt track. Current gearing is at 3.80 FDR and top speed seems to be on par with most other cars. But I'm getting pulled a couple feet out of the corners.

Thanks,
Tommy
When i had a kill shot, I had this same issue too on one of the two motors I had bought. I came to find that the inner portion of the bell (the part that actually moves) had to be sanded down along the edges to spin for freely. the fit was too tight in other words. You may have to send down the edges of the back plate that holds the screw in too. After I did this, it was fine. Hope that helps.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Thanks,
Tommy
Take the timing ring off and sand the outer edge just a touch. As the anodizing is sticking. One of mine was like this and was fixed with a bit of sanding. As far as gearing I would drop a tooth on your gearing and it will give you a little more infield punch. Top speed will drop a bit but that motor has a ton of rpm. You might even add a degree or 2 and check your temps. I ran my RPM killshot at 60* and it never got above *140. My HT killshot with the HT rotor I ran at 55* with a FDR of 3.72.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks, y'all! I'll open it up and take a better look tomorrow and see what's up. FWIW, running it last weekend, the temps were very low so I think there is definitely room to advance it safely.

Quick question....advancing the timing should increase top end power at the sacrifice of low end punch, correct?
Old 11-14-2013, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Thanks, y'all! I'll open it up and take a better look tomorrow and see what's up. FWIW, running it last weekend, the temps were very low so I think there is definitely room to advance it safely.

Quick question....advancing the timing should increase top end power at the sacrifice of low end punch, correct?
That is correct. That's why I mentioned dropping a tooth to give you back the low end.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jerz616
That is correct. That's why I mentioned dropping a tooth to give you back the low end.
All makes sense. Thanks, Ryan!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.